Page 12 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422621125121012 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    Really?

I thought BMB tapped out way below that, something like 500-- but that's an extremely sketchy memory-- does anybody actually know?
    Regardless of what the previous record-holder may have been, I believe it should be the goal to leave no doubt that this is the first thread people think of when they think of long, meaningless, multi-topical threads. If we need to get to 2000 to force that connection, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The coinage of that use of the term "Pop Tart" is my favorite etymological happening of my lifetime.
    And I am a giant nerd for having a "favorite etymological happening of my lifetime."
    I have always enjoyed the expression "fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" and its various relatives

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You're in Connie Chung? Does her husband know about you? Better not let him find out!
    I think Earljam could take Maury Povich down, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I think Earljam could take Maury Povich down, no problem.
    But what would Maury's response be after he announces, "Earljam, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    PW?

Post Whore...someone who posts somewhat irrelevant and uninteresting info that may or may not be on the topic of the board it has been posted at. This is done to inflate post counts. Of the 800+ posts I have done so far, I would be hard pressed to say that more than 10 had any real substance to them. But man, have I spent a long time posting those 800+ thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    My NYD tradition is to eat Chinese food. Not too many good places around Raleigh. Anyone have any suggestions other than Neo China? When I lived in Massachusetts it seemed the thing to do and I sort of stuck with it when I moved to NC.
    I'm looking for some good Chinese in the North Shore area. Do you or BB have any thoughts?

Totally changing topic yet again --

I have never been around kids much (besides when I was one.) I don't have any close friends in the area with children, and I've never been too geographically close to family with babies.

Last night, my husband's sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl. I got to hold a 20min. old newborn. Her feet were blue like a smurf's; she smelled wonderful; she barely cried, except when she was getting her first bath (but she fell asleep while she was getting her hair washed.) It was a wonderful wonderful experience. I'd never seen anything like it.

Now I understand why new parents are so instantly fond of this insistent needy creature that has otherwise destroyed their way of life. : )

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBen02 View Post
    Regardless of what the previous record-holder may have been, I believe it should be the goal to leave no doubt that this is the first thread people think of when they think of long, meaningless, multi-topical threads. If we need to get to 2000 to force that connection, so be it.
    Well, on this incarnation of board software, the longest thread is @ 695 replies (Football Coach discussion, EK Board.) This thread is now second only to the Michael Vick thread on the OT board (my post will push it past Ymmm, Beer.) It would be 4th on the PPB board, underneath the amalgamated threads on health care, global climate change, and gun control.

Back to either-or

Christmas Eve, or Christmas Morning?

Mother Nature/God or what ever being/force that is providing some direction, if any, works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

Not the exact same thing, but I imagine the emotion around a pet can be similar. I say that because I have pets and no kids. I recently added a couple of kittens to the household. Someone decided they were disposable and deposited them at a busy intersection at 3-4 weeks of age. They have definitely changed things for me.

Christmas Eve...again no kids so Christmas Morning is for sleeping in.

Newborns are so precious, aren't they!

Totally changing topic yet again --

I have never been around kids much (besides when I was one.) I don't have any close friends in the area with children, and I've never been too geographically close to family with babies.

Last night, my husband's sister gave birth to a beautiful little girl. I got to hold a 20min. old newborn. Her feet were blue like a smurf's; she smelled wonderful; she barely cried, except when she was getting her first bath (but she fell asleep while she was getting her hair washed.) It was a wonderful wonderful experience. I'd never seen anything like it.

Now I understand why new parents are so instantly fond of this insistent needy creature that has otherwise destroyed their way of life. : )

But let's not forget our furry friends, they're precious too.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilBen02 View Post
    I always knew that Ronald and Birdie the Early Bird would hook up.

horses are pretty cool too

But not chupacabras

Chupacabas are not cool, they're scary

Those with more experience with message boards, where does everyone get animiated smilies? Are they flash objects? (Which we can't use here?)

I'm trying to take my PW'ing to a new level.

You can probably just do a google to find animated smilies. As far as other pictures, still or animated, once you've saved them in My Pictures, you can upload them on http://tinypic.com/ then copy and paste to your post.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Christmas Eve, or Christmas Morning?
    For presents? Christmas morning.

For a big dinner? Christmas Eve. My present to myself is no cooking on Christmas Day, well, except for breakfast.

Tree-toppers, Angel or Star?