Page 1195 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 1956951095114511851193119411951196119712051245129516952195 ... LastLast
Results 23,881 to 23,900 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I could have posted that over yonder but birthday posts should not be padding that other thread.

Hope you had (are having) a great day!
    I thought this was over yonder?

I could have posted that over yonder but birthday posts should not be padding that other thread.

Hope you had (are having) a great day!
    Thanks! Took the day off today. Much needed.

And yes, the "other" thread is no place to pad stats. I use it to play devil's advocate and ruffle feathers. Always a great time! Some folks take the bait more easily than others.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought this was over yonder?
    So it is. I guess we need a nickname for the prez thread. How about the BTH for "Bless their hearts"?

For annoying drivers, the folks in South Carolina get my vote. Apparently, “keep right except to pass” is not in their driver’s manual.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    For annoying drivers, the folks in South Carolina get my vote. Apparently, “keep right except to pass” is not in their driver’s manual.
    My recent stint of interstate driving through South Carolina explained to me that I apparently have an exaggerated following distance when driving. There's *just enough* room to pass me on the right, and then slip in front of me to slam on the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    I vote for Michigan. If you are passing someone and they don't think you are doing it fast enough, they will zoom up and pass you on the right, even if you put your turn signal on to indicate that you are getting out of their way. Never just merge right in Michigan.

So it is. I guess we need a nickname for the prez thread. How about the BTH for "Bless their hearts"?
    Now you've gone and done it...BTH.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Now you've gone and done it...BTH.
    Meh.

Folks have different interests, and DBR offers a way to express those interests. I could care less about player minute discussions, and prefer to drink beer than talk about it. So I ignore those threads, even though they are very popular with others.

Some people like to discuss politics. It was one of my majors. That thread gives me a chance to discuss politics with folks from different regions of the country, different ages, and different political views than I encounter in my own personal bubble of life. I find it informative on the whole.

My suggestion to those who don't want to hear about politics is just to skip the thread. No reason to belittle it, or the folks that enjoy posting on it.

JMHO, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Meh.

Folks have different interests, and DBR offers a way to express those interests. I could care less about player minute discussions, and prefer to drink beer than talk about it. So I ignore those threads, even though they are very popular with others.

Some people like to discuss politics. It was one of my majors. That thread gives me a chance to discuss politics with folks from different regions of the country, different ages, and different political views than I encounter in my own personal bubble of life. I find it informative on the whole.

My suggestion to those who don't want to hear about politics is just to skip the thread. No reason to belittle it, or the folks that enjoy posting on it.

JMHO, YMMV.
    The battle is over who will remain the longest!!! It has nothing to do with interest and everything to do with thread length. There has already been speculation over there that the thread might surpass this one in number of posts. I say no way, BTH! When I say "Bless their hearts", I'm not talking politics, I'm talking about the notion that they could surpass us! (And yes, I know that a rather large number of us also post in the BTH.)

The battle is over who will remain the longest!!! It has nothing to do with interest and everything to do with thread length. There has already been speculation over there that the thread might surpass this one in number of posts. I say no way, BTH! When I say "Bless their hearts", I'm not talking politics, I'm talking about the notion that they could surpass us! (And yes, I know that a rather large number of us also post in the BTH.)
    10-4. On that front, I would worry more about the Beer thread. Even if the election thread passed this one, it is of finite duration and would eventually succumb.

Beer, it seems, is an endless topic of fascination. To each their own. I am the type of guy who will find some beers that I like and stick with them; I am not looking for endless new adventures in hop varieties. I'm sure I am the one missing out.

10-4. On that front, I would worry more about the Beer thread. Even if the election thread passed this one, it is of finite duration and would eventually succumb.

Beer, it seems, is an endless topic of fascination. To each their own. I am the type of guy who will find some beers that I like and stick with them; I am not looking for endless new adventures in hop varieties. I'm sure I am the one missing out.
    I've posted a handful of times in the beer thread, and probably several times a week here. I predicted a few months ago that the beer thread will pass us by year end. We should change this thread to T2LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've posted a handful of times in the beer thread, and probably several times a week here. I predicted a few months ago that the beer thread will pass us by year end. We should change this thread to T2LTE.
    We just need to up our posting.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    We just need to up our posting.
    We need a pledge campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I still love her - just wish I were there. Am hoping the boat returns from deployment before they head back to PA. Appears deployment was extended after reservations were made as I haven't seen that it has returned to port yet. (Note - I never know the dates of deployment beyond what I see the Navy posting to the public but I know sister and bil wouldn't have planned the trip for a time their middle son was deployed.)
    I'm pleased to say the boat did return while Sister Sue and BiL Alan were still in Hawaii. Didn't get any pictures of Nephew Sam with them but did get one of him with his wife. Their first anniversary was at the beginning of September. They spent more of the year apart than together.

Meh.

JMHO, YMMV.
    The problem with the election thread is that it doesn't stay focused on the election for more than a day or two at a time. The partisan discussions kick in, and the thread gets locked for a day. I would like to read bout the election. I would like to read about the Dem candidates as they figure out who will be the nominee. But the thread shifts away from that so quickly.

The thread being on lockdown for the moment is rather helpful.

Beer sucks by the way.

Ok, maybe that's too strong a word, but I'm not a beer drinker. I will occasionally when out with my husband (or another beer drinker) ask if they are willing to "finish my beer for me". I'll order one, have the 4-5 sips that I want before I've had enough then hand off the rest.

Maybe, in order to maintain our lead, we should start discussing our favorites wines in addition to our favorite varieties of PopTarts.

My husband likes to have a PopTart and a few pecan halves for breakfast (I know, weird). For a long time he bought unfrosted strawberry PopTarts. I would have one every once in awhile cause I like unfrosted strawberry PopTarts. Recently he switched to blueberry. I ate one just to see if blueberry PopTarts are still my least favorite. They are.

Well, they are my least favorite of what I consider "normal" flavors.

I bought a box of Pumpkin Pie PopTarts a couple of years ago to determine if they were as disgusting as I imagined them to be. Surprisingly, they weren't. They weren't good, but they did not quite achieve the level of disgusting that I was hoping for.