Page 1170 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1706701070112011601168116911701171117211801220127016702170 ... LastLast
Results 23,381 to 23,400 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nothing like using language to divide...

And no, that is not a political reference.

Just start a discussion about American League ball vs National League and the sparks will fly. It's more incendiary since neither side tolerates a single syllable out of the other.

I sure don't.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Nothing like using language to divide...

And no, that is not a political reference.
    I tend to use numbers.

Wild hare to make shrimp and grits for breakfast today.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Wild hare to make shrimp and grits for breakfast today.
    Wild hare is delicious if properly seasoned and marinated

Note to self - don't turn on le Tour de France in the morning. Hours go by as if they are minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Note to self - don't turn on le Tour de France in the morning. Hours go by as if they are minutes.
    Col du Tourmalet is brutal.

What gorgeous scenery!

I want to get a Blue Devil costume and run along the riders on Tourmalet and on Alpe d’Huez.

Col du Tourmalet is brutal.

What gorgeous scenery!
    I would like to see a mountain stage live. Was in Paris cir the 2003 introduction of teams, Prologue, and start of Stage 1.

I would like to see a mountain stage live. Was in Paris cir the 2003 introduction of teams, Prologue, and start of Stage 1.
    Nice!

We just missed each other. We left Paris to fly home just as the TdF started that year. Saw a number of the team cars heading into Paris a day or two before as we drove in from the Loire Valley.

Was in southwestern Belgium this year and just missed Paris-Roubaix by a few days.

I would really like to do a mountain stage at the Giro d’Italia. The Dolomites in late spring? Yes, please.

Nice!

We just missed each other. We left Paris to fly home just as the TdF started that year. Saw a number of the team cars heading into Paris a day or two before as we drove in from the Loire Valley.

Was in southwestern Belgium this year and just missed Paris-Roubaix by a few days.

I would really like to do a mountain stage at the Giro d’Italia. The Dolomites in late spring? Yes, please.
    DBR field trip?

When we planned the cycling trip to France, my sister asked if I wanted to spend 3 days in Paris at the end of the trip in Paris. When I pointed out the Tour started in Paris the next weekend, we spent 8 days in Paris. Perfect 16 day trip - 7 days cycling in the Loire valley, 8 days in Paris, and the Tour.

DBR field trip?

When we planned the cycling trip to France, my sister asked if I wanted to spend 3 days in Paris at the end of the trip in Paris. When I pointed out the Tour started in Paris the next weekend, we spent 8 days in Paris. Perfect 16 day trip - 7 days cycling in the Loire valley, 8 days in Paris, and the Tour.
    We can start on the Normandy coast near Bayeux, or Brittany near Mont-Saint-Michel; ride up Valleé de la Loire; then on up to Orleans and Paris.

Or we could just hang out, drink wine, and enjoy the wonderful food and culture. Mrs.PK and I did a cycling trip in Tuscany years ago through I Bike Italy. She still refers to it as “I walk through Italy pushing a bike.” So that will be her vote.

We can start on the Normandy coast near Bayeux, or Brittany near Mont-Saint-Michel; ride up Valleé de la Loire; then on up to Orleans and Paris.

Or we could just hang out, drink wine, and enjoy the wonderful food and culture. Mrs.PK and I did a cycling trip in Tuscany years ago through I Bike Italy. She still refers to it as “I walk through Italy pushing a bike.” So that will be her vote.
    I would be fine either way. Setting up a canopy, table and chairs, with wine and cheese, waiting for the caravan and riders to come along sounds great to me.

It's common for me to shut down a thread. But a whole board?

It's common for me to shut down a thread. But a whole board?
    You got skillz.

... Mrs.PK and I did a cycling trip in Tuscany years ago through I Bike Italy. She still refers to it as “I walk through Italy pushing a bike.” So that will be her vote.
    There's a seat next to me on the party van for her.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Welp and whelp(s). Just discovered a watermelon sized hornets nest while trimming bushes. Six of the buggers discovered me before I could get away. Guess I’ll find out if I’m still immune to their stings. So far so good. No swelling and just a little pain.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Welp and whelp(s). Just discovered a watermelon sized hornets nest while trimming bushes. Six of the buggers discovered me before I could get away. Guess I’ll find out if I’m still immune to their stings. So far so good. No swelling and just a little pain.
    Hornets are worse than wasps in my experience. Got lit up once so bad, I jumped in the pool and those bastards waited for me to surface to get me again. I was hating life for about three days.

Hornets are worse than wasps in my experience. Got lit up once so bad, I jumped in the pool and those bastards waited for me to surface to get me again. I was hating life for about three days.
    How'd you get away? Did you go back under or did you have to get out of the pool and make a run for it? I was thinking about going to battle with a nest near my house and my pool was going to be my bail zone. Now I'm reconsidering my plan or preparing to stay awhile...

2136067_murasakisnorkel_dragonball.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How'd you get away? Did you go back under or did you have to get out of the pool and make a run for it? I was thinking about going to battle with a nest near my house and my pool was going to be my bail zone. Now I'm reconsidering my plan or preparing to stay awhile...

2136067_murasakisnorkel_dragonball.jpg
    I used my Aqua-man skills to deep dive and then surface about 25 feet away.

You are better to attack at night when they are somewhat dormant. With a long instrument.

I used my Aqua-man skills to deep dive and then surface about 25 feet away.

You are better to attack at night when they are somewhat dormant. With a long instrument.
    I’ve used Raid Wasp and Hornet spray to destroy hornet nests and yellow jacket dens before. It is good stuff (better than other sprays that I’ve tried) and will knock flying hornets out of the air. It sprays about 20 feet, so it gives a little buffer zone. Try to locate the entrance hole and direct the spray there. But do have an escape plan. I have found it is best to attack the nest early in the morning before it gets light. I am going to attack my nest at about 5:00AM tomorrow, with a can of spray in each hand and 2 more backup cans at the ready. Wish me luck.

By the way, I’m apparently still immune. No swelling, and the pain is gone after about 3 hours.