Page 1148 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 148648104810981138114611471148114911501158 ... LastLast
Results 22,941 to 22,960 of 23847
  1. #22941
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And UCF can come within one bucket of beating an NBA team I suppose.
    Taco Falls would dominate David Robinson, even in his prime.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  2. #22942
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Taco Falls would dominate David Robinson, even in his prime.
    San Antonio has a lot of good taco trucks.

    I'm probably being petty in another thread.

  3. #22943
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    San Antonio has a lot of good taco trucks.
    Derek Trucks probably played in San Antonio at some point.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  4. #22944
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Derek Trucks probably played in San Antonio at some point.
    Well, yes and he will be here with his wife in a few months:


    https://www.tobincenter.org/box-offi...hi-trucks-band

    I'm probably being petty in another thread.

  5. #22945
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Never get in a land war in Asia.

  6. #22946
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Never get in a land war in Asia.
    Never go in against a Sicilian when death's on the line.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  7. #22947
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Never go in against a Sicilian when death's on the line.
    Never bend over for a kick in the rear.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  8. #22948
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Never bend over for a kick in the rear.
    Don't tug on Superman's cape. Don't spit into the wind.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  9. #22949
    Never follow a hippie to a second location - Jack Donaghy

  10. #22950
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    "Never trust a man in a blue trench coat. Never drive a car when you're dead." -- Tom Waits
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  11. #22951
    "I studied with the Maharishi for many years, and really didn't learn that much.

    But one thing that he taught me, I'll never forget: 'ALWAYS...' no, wait-- 'NEVER...' no, wait, it was 'ALWAYS carry a litter bag in your car.

    It doesn't take up much room, and if it gets full, you can toss it out the window.' "... Steve Martin
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  12. #22952
    I am not that familiar with Mr. Martin's body of work.

    I'm probably being petty in another thread.

  13. #22953
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I am not that familiar with Mr. Martin's body of work.

    Good to know

  14. #22954
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I am not that familiar with Mr. Martin's body of work.
    That's a mistake that should be rectified. His early stand up is stunning.

  15. #22955
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That's a mistake that should be rectified. His early stand up is stunning.
    His banjo skills are impressive, as well.

  16. #22956
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    His banjo skills are impressive, as well.
    Yes. He actually has a house nearby here and legend had it, he steps out and plays bluegrass locally sometimes. Not just with the Steep Canyon Rangers.

  17. #22957
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes. He actually has a house nearby here and legend had it, he steps out and plays bluegrass locally sometimes. Not just with the Steep Canyon Rangers.
    He is about to drop a single with SCR, per his Twitter feed. Said it was the first single he's done since King Tut.

    His album with SCR is not bad.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  18. #22958
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    He is about to drop a single with SCR, per his Twitter feed. Said it was the first single he's done since King Tut.

    His album with SCR is not bad.
    Great, now I want to leave work and watch The Jerk.

  19. #22959
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Great, now I want to leave work and watch The Jerk.
    Comedy is not pretty.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  20. #22960
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Great, now I want to leave work and watch The Jerk.
    The phone books are in, the phone books are in!

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •