Page 1148 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1486481048109811381146114711481149115011581198124816482148 ... LastLast
Results 22,941 to 22,960 of 67405
    Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    Mini Schnauzer 😀😀...my fav
    We have 3 of them. All rescues. One by owner-surrender to us when a puppy, and 2 that we fostered and couldn’t part with (including the older one that just had surgery). The thing I love most about them is that they tend to still act like puppies, even when getting some years on them.

We fostered 6 others that ended up getting adopted. It broke our hearts to see them go, but we knew that they were going to good, carefully vetted homes. Which gave us a chance to foster the next abandoned or neglected fur ball ... at least until we maxed out by adopting our third one. (One of the fosters was scheduled to be put down at noon. I got a panic call from the rescue group about him that morning and he was 3 hours away. I arrived at 11:30 AM ... just in time.)

I’m not relating this looking for praise. Rather, to urge anyone who is capable to either foster or adopt a rescue. One of the most rewarding things I’ve experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Great news! My elderly Mini Schnauzer is having a remarkable recovery and is feeling great after having surgery to remove his spleen on Friday. He had a tennis size tumor that was just about to rupture. It’s only been 2 days, and he is already feeling good enough to want to chase squirrels, birds, neighbors, and any other similarly dangerous and threatening critters that dare to parade outside our windows. Of course, he is restricted to house duty for several weeks, where he will be pampered and spoiled even more than he already was.
    A happy Sunday for you!

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    We have 3 of them. All rescues. One by owner-surrender to us when a puppy, and 2 that we fostered and couldn’t part with (including the older one that just had surgery). The thing I love most about them is that they tend to still act like puppies, even when getting some years on them.

We fostered 6 others that ended up getting adopted. It broke our hearts to see them go, but we knew that they were going to good, carefully vetted homes. Which gave us a chance to foster the next abandoned or neglected fur ball ... at least until we maxed out by adopting our third one. (One of the fosters was scheduled to be put down at noon. I got a panic call from the rescue group about him that morning and he was 3 hours away. I arrived at 11:30 AM ... just in time.)

I’m not relating this looking for praise. Rather, to urge anyone who is capable to either foster or adopt a rescue. One of the most rewarding things I’ve experienced.
    I have only ever had or fostered rescues. I have had experiences ranging from "good" to "phenomenonal." We currently have two rescues in our family, one of which is the most thankful and loyal pets I have ever met. When I adopted her from Mitchell County 18 months ago, she rode the two hours back with her head on my shoulder, and hasn't stopped being incredibly sweet since.

Honestly, I find mixed breed rescues to be so much more reliable and predictable than most purebreds I have met. Never regretted it for a moment.

I've only ever had cats after college. All from rescues, 2 are/were special needs.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have become a huge fan of guinea pigs. Cookie, the one on the left, likes to sit in my lap while I sing her lullabies in the evenings. I don't think there are rescue guinea pigs - I bought these two at pet stores. I would, however, be happy to rescue some guinea pigs if necessary. (The just got their morning treat of baby carrots. Happy little girls.) In case you didn't know, guinea pigs purr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have become a huge fan of guinea pigs. Cookie, the one on the left, likes to sit in my lap while I sing her lullabies in the evenings. I don't think there are rescue guinea pigs - I bought these two at pet stores. I would, however, be happy to rescue some guinea pigs if necessary. (The just got their morning treat of baby carrots. Happy little girls.) In case you didn't know, guinea pigs purr.
    Our local shelters definitely adopt out guinea pigs. YMMV.

Both of my babies are rescues.
    Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 9.52.23 AM.jpg

Honey Roasted Cashews.

Cinnamon coated pecans

Pineapple and ham on a pizza with a Ninja Porter.

Squirrel Nut ZIppers

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Squirrel Nut ZIppers
    Damnation!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Damnation!
    Tasty Bands:

Cake
    Squirrel Nut Zippers
    Cream
    Ambrosia

Tasty Bands:

Cake
    Squirrel Nut Zippers
    Cream
    Ambrosia
    String Cheese Incident
    Leftover Salmon
    Any jam band

Tasty Bands:

Cake
    Squirrel Nut Zippers
    Cream
    Ambrosia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    String Cheese Incident
    Leftover Salmon
    Any jam band
    The Almond Brothers
    The Grapeful Dead
    Food Fighters
    The Peach Boys
    Buns N' Roses

There was a jam band in Atlanta in the '90's called The Grapes -- very tasty.

Not sure how tasty a Moby Grape would have been though. (Pretty sure that Moby would taste kinda gamey)

Cracker?

And FWIW, Songs from the Big Chair was 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Cracker?
    And Bread.

And who can forget the immortal:

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    And who can forget the immortal:

Beats Vanilla Fudge. Certainly beats Vanilla Ice.

Not sure if we can count Eminem.