Page 1139 of 3363 FirstFirst ... 1396391039108911291137113811391140114111491189123916392139 ... LastLast
Results 22,761 to 22,780 of 67244
    Hmmm.

What the heck are you all up to in here?!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Hmmm.

What the heck are you all up to in here?!
    Eine kleine Nachtmusik

October 2020 - I need to head to Broadway. Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster are going to be in Music Man! Trip plans will be made.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    October 2020 - I need to head to Broadway. Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster are going to be in Music Man! Trip plans will be made.
    Any idea how long of a run it will be?

I'm pretty sure Sutton Foster was in a Broadway at Duke production years ago. Something about the Civil War maybe? Not Little Women but something or other.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Any idea how long of a run it will be?
    I don't know if they have set a time limit on how long they will be in it. Previews are supposed to start 9/9/20 and opening night is 10/22/20. Specific theater hasn't been named but it will be a Schubert venue.

Hugh Jackman was actually in The Music Man in high school. He was traveling salesman #2 on the train.

I'm pretty sure Sutton Foster was in a Broadway at Duke production years ago. Something about the Civil War maybe? Not Little Women but something or other.
    Could be. She was Fiona in Shrek, The Musical.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don't know if they have set a time limit on how long they will be in it. Previews are supposed to start 9/9/20 and opening night is 10/22/20. Specific theater hasn't been named but it will be a Schubert venue.

Hugh Jackman was actually in The Music Man in high school. He was traveling salesman #2 on the train.
    I was in "The Music Man" in high school! I had one line "I want my money back!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I was in "The Music Man" in high school! I had one line "I want my money back!"
    I was Hamlet in fifth grade. My acting career peaked at age ten.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was Hamlet in fifth grade. My acting career peaked at age ten.
    Ahh, yes. When actually being able to remember the lines was almost as important as the delivery.

I could never make it through my children attempting artistic performances without either laughing or holding my breath. Ballet nearly caused me to faint several times from both laughing and holding my breath.
    The daughter's ballet studio asked my son to be a good sport and participate as an extra in The Nutcracker. At 6'5" he was, shall we say, not a natural at graceful gestures. After one rehearsal, during which I watched with hands over eyes, it was pleasantly agreed that perhaps he could better serve as an audience member. I was exhausted from laughing silently.

Worst parent ever.

Ahhh, lots of rational and fresh discussion happening on the main board it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Ahhh, lots of rational and fresh discussion happening on the main board it seems.

Yes, the time-honored, "You're a booger!" "No, I'm not a booger, YOU'RE a booger and here are 42 reasons why."
    "Who cares?!, you're still a booger!"

Yes, the time-honored, "You're a booger!" "No, I'm not a booger, YOU'RE a booger and here are 42 reasons why."
    "Who cares?!, you're still a booger!"
    My favorite is where we all rehash our most painful season ending losses. 86? 99? 04? This year?

‘99 or ‘86 I get, but what happened in ‘04?

(I know, but had to think about it. Which means it didn’t register emotionally the same way the other two losses did.)

‘99 or ‘86 I get, but what happened in ‘04?

(I know, but had to think about it. Which means it didn’t register emotionally the same way the other two losses did.)
    Let's disagree vehemently and discuss referees!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Let's disagree vehemently and discuss referees!
    In other words, make a Mtn. out of a mile hill?

I’m struggling to come up with a better album from the mid 80s than Peter Gabriel’s So. Particularly, the four songs: Red Rain, Don’t Give Up, In Your Eyes and Sledgehammer.

I’m struggling to come up with a better album from the mid 80s than Peter Gabriel’s So. Particularly, the four songs: Red Rain, Don’t Give Up, In Your Eyes and Sledgehammer.
    Joshua Tree?

I could never make it through my children attempting artistic performances without either laughing or holding my breath. Ballet nearly caused me to faint several times from both laughing and holding my breath.
    The daughter's ballet studio asked my son to be a good sport and participate as an extra in The Nutcracker. At 6'5" he was, shall we say, not a natural at graceful gestures. After one rehearsal, during which I watched with hands over eyes, it was pleasantly agreed that perhaps he could better serve as an audience member. I was exhausted from laughing silently.

Worst parent ever.
    Worst job ever: teaching instrumental music in elementary school. Just walking by that room is painful enough! I can't imagine working in there!

-jk