Page 1128 of 2655 FirstFirst ... 1286281028107811181126112711281129113011381178122816282128 ... LastLast
Results 22,541 to 22,560 of 53088
  1. #22541
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Oops -- I did it again.
    Got lost in the game?

  2. #22542
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Got lost in the game?
    Iím not that innocent.
    Birds arenít real. Do your own research!

  3. #22543
    So, you've gotten your sexy back?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  4. #22544
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    So, you've gotten your sexy back?
    Iím too sexy for my shirt. Too sexy for my shirt.

    So sexy, it hurts.
    Birds arenít real. Do your own research!

  5. #22545
    So a somewhat heavy topic for the LTE. Iíll use an example. Alex Trebek announced he had Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and that he plans to beat it. Alex is 78 years old. One stat said 91% of those diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer succumb to the disease within 5 years.

    My question is this, what constitutes beating it?

  6. #22546
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So a somewhat heavy topic for the LTE. I’ll use an example. Alex Trebek announced he had Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and that he plans to beat it. Alex is 78 years old. One stat said 91% of those diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer succumb to the disease within 5 years.

    My question is this, what constitutes beating it?
    Short answer: remission.

    Long answer: you either fight for life or succumb to death. He is choosing to fight for life. It is a personal decision with no right answer. (I have known folks in si liar situations who did not want to go through chemo, and were “ready to meet the Lord” so just rolled with it). It’s really as much a statement of attitude as it is of expected result.
    Birds arenít real. Do your own research!

  7. #22547
    Oh gosh, everybody is so bummed today for Alex Trebek. Such a terrifying scourge of a disease.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  8. #22548
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Oh gosh, everybody is so bummed today for Alex Trebek. Such a terrifying scourge of a disease.
    I lost an aunt that way. Very sad news.

    -jk

  9. #22549
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So a somewhat heavy topic for the LTE. Iíll use an example. Alex Trebek announced he had Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and that he plans to beat it. Alex is 78 years old. One stat said 91% of those diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer succumb to the disease within 5 years.

    My question is this, what constitutes beating it?
    In his case, probably making it to the end of his current contract. (3 years from now.)

  10. #22550
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    We laid to rest one of my dear aunts today. She passed away unexpectedly Sunday morning at her home just 6 days before her 65th birthday. I've experienced such a rollercoaster of emotions the past few days. My family and I were fortunate to see her Saturday during my wedding reception and had a great conversation with her before she left. The next day, she was gone. I've felt numb since hearing the news, and I still can't believe it now.

    She is one of the reasons I became a Duke fan when I was a small child. She was a graduate of Gardner Webb, but loved her Blue Devils. She would never watch the games because she would get too nervous, so she would always ask my mom if Duke won. After Tuesday night's game, I totally understand why...

    Cherish the times you have with your loved ones, folks.
    Last edited by mattman91; 03-07-2019 at 11:44 PM.

  11. #22551
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    We laid to rest one of my dear aunts today. She passed away unexpectedly Sunday morning at her home just 6 days before her 65th birthday. I've experienced such a rollercoaster of emotions the past few days. My family and I were fortunate to see her Saturday during my wedding reception and had a great conversation with her before she left. The next day, she was gone. I've felt numb since hearing the news, and I still can't believe it now.

    She is one of the reasons I became a Duke fan when I was a small child. She was a graduate of Gardner Webb, but loved her Blue Devils. She would never watch the games because she would get too nervous, so she would always ask my mom if Duke won. After Tuesday night's game, I totally understand why...

    Cherish the times you have with your loved ones, folks.
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad she was able to celebrate your wedding with you.

  12. #22552
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Sorry to hear. Condolences.
    Birds arenít real. Do your own research!

  13. #22553
    Sorry for your loss matty. Thinking of you!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  14. #22554
    Sorry for your loss mattman. It was nice you were able to visit with her on Saturday, but that does make the suddenness of Sunday more pronounced.

  15. #22555
    Well!!!

    Pretty quiet here in the old rumpus room. Everybody getting their Spring Forward jam on?

    Sweet. It's raining again, too. Ok, then! Night night!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  16. #22556
    Sigh, lost an hour of sleep over basketball. Ahh, spring forward you say?

  17. #22557
    Pumice stone was the answer. Who knew?

  18. #22558
    Actually, I use a pumice stone to get hard water rings off tubs or around stainless steel faucets. I hope that was in the general vicinity of your discovery post. Or it may have been in reference to your latest pedicure.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  19. #22559
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner? I'd been monkeying around with various chemicals to take care of them with middling to no success. I greatly prefer the few minutes of scrubbing to sitting and waiting.

    No callouses on these feet in years.

  20. #22560
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Actually, I use a pumice stone to get hard water rings off tubs or around stainless steel faucets. I hope that was in the general vicinity of your discovery post. Or it may have been in reference to your latest pedicure.
    Yikes! What are you doing to your ceramics?!

    I use my pumice on my feet and occasionally my cuticles (and I try really hard to avoid my nails!), things that repair themselves.

    Real pumice is rough stuff!

    -jk

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •