Page 1116 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1166161016106611061114111511161117111811261166121616162116 ... LastLast
Results 22,301 to 22,320 of 67384
    Quite tired this morning and I left my k-cups at home. Attempting to buy less coffee this year, so I'm pretending this water has some caffeine in it.

I’m pretending that my Baileys has some coffee in it.

45° and windy here, brrrr.

Windchill of -40 tomorrow. Lovely.

My great grandmother, 104, passed away early this morning. She had an incredible life up until her last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    My great grandmother, 104, passed away early this morning. She had an incredible life up until her last few weeks.
    Condolences

Wow matt! I'll bet that was one heck of a life. Straight up, no stops in between now.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Condolences
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Wow matt! I'll bet that was one heck of a life. Straight up, no stops in between now.
    Yep! She will be missed, but I'm happy to have had as much time with her as I did.

She never missed an Atlanta Braves game. I hate she didn't make it to Opening Day, which also happens to usually be her birthday (early April). I remember when we threw a surprise birthday party for her 100th birthday. She came through the room, said a big hello, followed by "lets make this quick, the Braves come on in an hour".

Odd, I had a great grandmother on the other side of my family who was the same way. Lived to be 100 and never missed a Braves game.

Yep! She will be missed, but I'm happy to have had as much time with her as I did.

She never missed an Atlanta Braves game. I hate she didn't make it to Opening Day, which also happens to usually be her birthday (early April). I remember when we threw a surprise birthday party for her 100th birthday. She came through the room, said a big hello, followed by "lets make this quick, the Braves come on in an hour".

Odd, I had a great grandmother on the other side of my family who was the same way. Lived to be 100 and never missed a Braves game.
    Condolences to you, may she rest in peace. That said, if I were you, I would never miss a Braves game.

I'm sorry for your loss, Mattman. I bet you have wonderful memories. I hope someone has recorded some of her stories for the family.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Sending you my condolences.

My condolences also Mattman. Oh the things she must have seen in all that time. Simply amazing.

Sigh, had to endure another evening of Vandy basketball...

Now entering Week 6 of the ongoing AT&T Fiber saga.
    Today will be my 6th home visit from a technician.
    If my other options included literally anything besides Comcast, I'd be long gone by now, but I vowed long ago never to give that company another cent.
    Plus, I've reached the irrational and unhinged portion of the proceedings, where even though I know that sunk costs are a fallacy, I'm just not gonna give up.
    NPymwtwg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    If my other options included literally anything besides Comcast, I'd be long gone by now, but I vowed long ago never to give that company another cent.
    Plus, I've reached the irrational and unhinged portion of the proceedings, where even though I know that sunk costs are a fallacy, I'm just not gonna give up.
    NPymwtwg.jpg
    Sounds like a decision to remain angry and frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Sounds like a decision to remain angry and frustrated.
    Well, from here it sounds like your lack of any context as to my options and choices leave you without full information to offer such a comment.

I don't like these looooong stretches between Duke hoops games. Sat-Mon stinks.

Keep fighting wilson!!!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I have a bad feeling about St. John on Saturday

I have a good feeling about St. John’s on Saturday... 😎😎

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    NPymwtwg.jpg
    I made the decision ten years ago to never ever do business with AT&T again. It was a culmination of a decade of frustration. I have stuck by that vow, although it frequently is incredibly inconvenient.

Good luck.