Page 1113 of 2391 FirstFirst ... 1136131013106311031111111211131114111511231163121316132113 ... LastLast
Results 22,241 to 22,260 of 47804
  1. #22241
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Alas, just went with a Duke tie.
    So next time, the Zion uni AND the tie.

    Come on OPK, too easy.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  2. #22242
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Perfectly appropriate. Azk Mrs. OPK to take pictures, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Our standing advice, go big...

    and provide photographic proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    If you and the Prophet Isiah are tight, can you ask him if he's coming to Duke or Washington? Or is all not revealed?
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    So next time, the Zion uni AND the tie.

    Come on OPK, too easy.
    I. Let. The whole. Team. Down.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  3. #22243
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I. Let. The whole. Team. Down.
    Posted in the 2020 thread again?

  4. #22244
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Posted in the 2020 thread again?
    I’m still ahead on this one, keeping score.

    Not sure why I am waiting up for the Super Blood Wolf Moon eclipse, but at this point I might as well. Beautiful clear cold night, perfect visibility.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  5. #22245
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m still ahead on this one, keeping score.

    Not sure why I am waiting up for the Super Blood Wolf Moon eclipse, but at this point I might as well. Beautiful clear cold night, perfect visibility.
    Beautiful in the DC area!

    -jk

  6. #22246
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    I don’t know how many of you saw the total solar eclipse last spring, but — damn.

    This is way cool, too — the cosmos are a tremendous wonder and presence.

    Would make me humble, we’re that possible.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  7. #22247
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don’t know how many of you saw the total solar eclipse last spring, but — damn.

    This is way cool, too — the cosmos are a tremendous wonder and presence.

    Would make me humble, we’re that possible.
    Took the family to western SC for totality. Quite the show, as the clouds parted just in time!

    -jk

  8. #22248
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Took the family to western SC for totality. Quite the show, as the clouds parted just in time!

    -jk
    Yup. I’ve been ‘round the world three times and been to the county fair, but never saw anything like that.

    Eerie when the crickets all started at once!
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  9. #22249
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup. I’ve been ‘round the world...
    From London to the Bay?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  10. #22250
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    From London to the Bay?
    Can't touch that.

  11. #22251
    As we honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. today, I thought I would provide links to some of his oratorical efforts. For me, Dr. King has always personified the "power of words".

    I Have A Dream:


    https://www.americanrhetoric.com/spe...haveadream.htm


    I've Been to the Mountaintop:

    https://www.americanrhetoric.com/spe...ountaintop.htm

  12. #22252
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    From London to the Bay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Can't touch that.
    Maybe I’ll wear my parachute pants to church next Sunday.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  13. #22253
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don’t know how many of you saw the total solar eclipse last spring, but — damn.

    This is way cool, too — the cosmos are a tremendous wonder and presence.

    Would make me humble, we’re that possible.
    Being a tiny state, we only got the lunar eclipse up here...but wow, it sure was impressive...on the tail end of a twenty plus inch snowfall, big cold air moved in (still -10 here now at 10:46 a.m.) so our
    view last night had about as much clarity as is possible, thank you Canuck people for your very clean, crisp air..

  14. #22254
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Maybe I’ll wear my parachute pants to church next Sunday.
    Maybe it's not just you. I think you've got a real shot at head lector here...


    https://goo.gl/images/NvAfkV

    And, I'm very sure these are lovely, devoted people, just like you are OPK.

    No offense meant to anyone.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  15. #22255

    In honor of MLK,Jr.

    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  16. #22256
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    The main board is weirdly acrimonious at the moment. A lot of ridiculous arguing about how much and in what ways it's appropriate to hate unc, and people hauling out Biblical references to castigate K for his caginess regarding the timetable on Tre's injury.
    Lots of people making themselves look silly over there.

  17. #22257
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta 'burbs
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The main board is weirdly acrimonious at the moment. A lot of ridiculous arguing about how much and in what ways it's appropriate to hate unc, and people hauling out Biblical references to castigate K for his caginess regarding the timetable on Tre's injury.
    Lots of people making themselves look silly over there.
    Full moon.

  18. #22258
    How much of that is due to interlopers posting?

  19. #22259
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    How much of that is due to interlopers posting?
    Not much, actually...some familiar handles posting oddly salty stuff about predictably inconsequential topics.

  20. #22260
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    The main board is weirdly acrimonious at the moment. A lot of ridiculous arguing about how much and in what ways it's appropriate to hate unc, and people hauling out Biblical references to castigate K for his caginess regarding the timetable on Tre's injury.
    Lots of people making themselves look silly over there.
    All the sanity is here, obviously.

    Home from Norfolk. Surprisingly pleasant town.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •