Page 1108 of 3073 FirstFirst ... 1086081008105810981106110711081109111011181158120816082108 ... LastLast
Results 22,141 to 22,160 of 61447
  1. #22141
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    "We got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout.
    We've been talking 'bout Jackson, ever since the fire went out."


    (One of the most underrated songs ever)
    And, written by an alumnus of my alma mater...

    https://www.warren-wilson.edu/2018/03/08/celebrate-new-book-hotter-pepper-sprout/

  2. #22142
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And, written by an alumnus of my alma mater...

    https://www.warren-wilson.edu/2018/0...pepper-sprout/
    So, can you get David Wilcox to play at your post-elopement party?

    Very cool.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  3. #22143
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So, can you get David Wilcox to play at your post-elopement party?

    Very cool.
    David Wilcox is cool, but "Jackson" is a top song of all time in my book. I just learned of the author recently when a business partner of mine wrote an article on the man. Fascinating stuff to see such an iconic song come from somewhere so remote.

  4. #22144
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    David Wilcox is cool, but "Jackson" is a top song of all time in my book. I just learned of the author recently when a business partner of mine wrote an article on the man. Fascinating stuff to see such an iconic song come from somewhere so remote.
    There have been lots of covers, but to me -- nothing can ever touch Johnny and June.

    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5064&FORM=VIRE
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  5. #22145
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So, can you get David Wilcox to play at your post-elopement party?

    Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    David Wilcox is cool, but "Jackson" is a top song of all time in my book. I just learned of the author recently when a business partner of mine wrote an article on the man. Fascinating stuff to see such an iconic song come from somewhere so remote.
    Always go to East Asheville Hardware before you go to Lowe's.

  6. #22146
    Definitely allergic to mountain cedar...

  7. #22147
    Watched a gust of wind blowing a traffic cone across a parking lot this morning.

  8. #22148
    Negotiating with a cat whether or not there is open space on the couch for her.

  9. #22149
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Negotiating with a cat whether or not there is open space on the couch for her.
    Spoiler alert: you lost this negotiation.

  10. #22150
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes. Thinking about eloping next month then heading to Rome in May for our honeymoon. Any suggestions? Might make a new thread for advice.
    I spent 2 weeks (not nearly enough) in high school on a student exchange program in Italy.
    Some amazing memories.

    If you have the means, an Italian honeymoon will bring you lifelong memories!

  11. #22151
    Received a very unexpected present from Nephew Alex this year. He wrote me an incredibly sweet note and gave me this -his first ACC Championship ring.Ring.jpg

  12. #22152
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Received a very unexpected present from Nephew Alex this year. He wrote me an incredibly sweet note and gave me this -his first ACC Championship ring.Ring.jpg
    Oh my goodness! Oh wow! What a darling nephew!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  13. #22153
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Received a very unexpected present from Nephew Alex this year. He wrote me an incredibly sweet note and gave me this -his first ACC Championship ring.Ring.jpg
    Awesome!!!

  14. #22154
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Today, I

    Went to the gym
    Sent my daughter back to college
    Walked four miles on the river
    Made about three gallons of tomato sauce
    Chased an opossum out of the garage that was eating the cat food
    Introduced my son to “A Fish Called Wanda”
    Listened to two Joseph Campbell lectures on myth and the individual
    Re-watched Zion’s 360 about twenty times


    I’m ready to go back to work tomorrow.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

  15. #22155
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Today, I

    Went to the gym
    Sent my daughter back to college
    Walked four miles on the river
    Made about three gallons of tomato sauce
    Chased an opossum out of the garage that was eating the cat food
    Introduced my son to A Fish Called Wanda
    Listened to two Joseph Campbell lectures on myth and the individual
    Re-watched Zions 360 about twenty times


    Im ready to go back to work tomorrow.
    I was not expecting this twist at the end.

  16. #22156
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I was not expecting this twist at the end.
    Yeah, I was wondering if he was going to eat the fish...

  17. #22157
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    The 2019 MLS schedule comes out this afternoon. Hoping for a couple of Atlanta United road trip possibilities. I feel excited.

  18. #22158
    Big Four Oh

  19. #22159
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Big Four Oh

    I think we had this same coincidence last year? We share this birth date!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  20. #22160
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Big Four Oh
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I think we had this same coincidence last year? We share this birth date!
    Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 3.42.24 PM.jpg
    Happy birthday to you both!

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •