Page 1108 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 1086081008105810981106110711081109111011181158 ... LastLast
Results 22,141 to 22,160 of 23832
    We laid to rest one of my dear aunts today. She passed away unexpectedly Sunday morning at her home just 6 days before her 65th birthday. I've experienced such a rollercoaster of emotions the past few days. My family and I were fortunate to see her Saturday during my wedding reception and had a great conversation with her before she left. The next day, she was gone. I've felt numb since hearing the news, and I still can't believe it now.

She is one of the reasons I became a Duke fan when I was a small child. She was a graduate of Gardner Webb, but loved her Blue Devils. She would never watch the games because she would get too nervous, so she would always ask my mom if Duke won. After Tuesday night's game, I totally understand why...

Cherish the times you have with your loved ones, folks.
    Last edited by mattman91; 03-07-2019 at 11:44 PM.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    We laid to rest one of my dear aunts today. She passed away unexpectedly Sunday morning at her home just 6 days before her 65th birthday. I've experienced such a rollercoaster of emotions the past few days. My family and I were fortunate to see her Saturday during my wedding reception and had a great conversation with her before she left. The next day, she was gone. I've felt numb since hearing the news, and I still can't believe it now.

She is one of the reasons I became a Duke fan when I was a small child. She was a graduate of Gardner Webb, but loved her Blue Devils. She would never watch the games because she would get too nervous, so she would always ask my mom if Duke won. After Tuesday night's game, I totally understand why...

Cherish the times you have with your loved ones, folks.
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad she was able to celebrate your wedding with you.

Sorry to hear. Condolences.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

Sorry for your loss matty. Thinking of you!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Sorry for your loss mattman. It was nice you were able to visit with her on Saturday, but that does make the suddenness of Sunday more pronounced.

I'm probably being petty in another thread.

Well!!!

Pretty quiet here in the old rumpus room. Everybody getting their Spring Forward jam on?

Sweet. It's raining again, too. Ok, then! Night night!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Sigh, lost an hour of sleep over basketball. Ahh, spring forward you say?

Pumice stone was the answer. Who knew?

Actually, I use a pumice stone to get hard water rings off tubs or around stainless steel faucets. I hope that was in the general vicinity of your discovery post. Or it may have been in reference to your latest pedicure.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner? I'd been monkeying around with various chemicals to take care of them with middling to no success. I greatly prefer the few minutes of scrubbing to sitting and waiting.

No callouses on these feet in years.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Actually, I use a pumice stone to get hard water rings off tubs or around stainless steel faucets. I hope that was in the general vicinity of your discovery post. Or it may have been in reference to your latest pedicure.
    Yikes! What are you doing to your ceramics?!

I use my pumice on my feet and occasionally my cuticles (and I try really hard to avoid my nails!), things that repair themselves.

Real pumice is rough stuff!

-jk

DST is gonna take some internal adjusting in the morning . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DST is gonna take some internal adjusting in the morning . . . .
    I was super stoked about it yesterday. Then I was whiney when the sun still wasn't up at 6:45.

Seems I need an attitude adjustment as well as my pending chiropractic adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

Seems I need an attitude adjustment as well as my pending chiropractic adjustment.
    A good bourbon and a dance floor will take care of both of those for you.

Nephew Sam surface in Japan - it was great to get a brief text from him.

Starting PT tomorrow to rehab from my 2nd hip surgery in 2 years. Wish me luck LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Starting PT tomorrow to rehab from my 2nd hip surgery in 2 years. Wish me luck LTE.
    Good luck!

Good luck with your rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Nephew Sam surface in Japan - it was great to get a brief text from him.
    Ummm, should this have been confidential? Lol...what type of ship is he on? Nuke sub I assume?

Good luck with your rehab. I sense a new knee in my future.