Page 11 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

longest thread

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You're in Connie Chung? Does her husband know about you? Better not let him find out!
    Welcome home, OZZIE. I am glad you and your 'Woodys' made it back to NC safely .

Does anyone actually watch any college football in the next week. The Toilet Bowl, The ^$%^$%^$%^$%hole.com Bowl, The DBR Longest Thread Bowl, etc. I mean cmon, no one really watches them do they??

Random enough??

I'll be random and go back to Pop Tarts. Personally, I still mourn the graham cracker/milk chocolate combo. I think they were the precursor to the s'mores ones, but they didn't have the frosting or the marshmallow.

Hey, isn't Britney Spears a Pop Tart?

Well, given that there is no other new programming on, I occasionally cast a side long view at some of the Bowl stuff they send our way. And now that Yahoo! has a selection game, I do know that Florida Atlantic and Utah both won(1 right, 1 wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Yeah, but the question is what is the filling? I beginning to think licorice and not the red stuff.

Damn those basketball thread posters. What kind of site do they think this is?

was wondering..

Maybe this board can hold a virtual awards banquet at the end of the season. Honors can go out to members in various categories: most profilic on-topic, most prolific off-topic, most versatile, most knowledgeable (basketball), most knowledgable (sports in general), most entertaining, most concise, (most long-winded?), most controversial, and I'm sure there are others I'm leaving out. It would probably require some polls, but if it's the off-season, I'm sure JE wouldn't mind hosting them.

Ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by j.j. jones View Post
    Maybe this board can hold a virtual awards banquet at the end of the season. Honors can go out to members in various categories: most profilic on-topic, most prolific off-topic, most versatile, most knowledgeable (basketball), most knowledgable (sports in general), most entertaining, most concise, (most long-winded?), most controversial, and I'm sure there are others I'm leaving out. It would probably require some polls, but if it's the off-season, I'm sure JE wouldn't mind hosting them.
    Sounds cool... we need to add a category for longest tenure-to-number of posts ratio so I can win one.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Sounds cool... we need to add a category for longest tenure-to-number of posts ratio so I can win one.
    Although this thread is going to ruin my ratio.

I continue to strive for greatest in uselessness. I was very dismayed to see all the threads that had no comments or posts with them. I'm thinking I may need to go post in some of those so that my own postless threads can "rise" to the top.

Since I'm on vacation I've missed a lot, even though I check the board daily. But man, I walk away for a day and this thread has exploded. Kudos to everyone for keeping it a live.

BostonDevil, congrats on things going well for your wee one.

DevilAlumna, will miss seeing you, or rather reading your posts, on a regular basis throughout the day. Good luck with the new position. Hope you'll find time to hang out on the board.

Wilson, umm, can you send some of your egg nog to the Triangle?

EarlJam, we need to find you a girl!

My NYD tradition is to eat Chinese food. Not too many good places around Raleigh. Anyone have any suggestions other than Neo China? When I lived in Massachusetts it seemed the thing to do and I sort of stuck with it when I moved to NC.

Time to hit the road - heading to Jersey. Woo traffic.

It's only 437 after I post this, and I forgot what I was going to say. Oh, yeah, I can remember that some of the threads about five or more years ago were way over 1,000 posts.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    And with this post, we tie the steroids discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    You're in Connie Chung? Does her husband know about you? Better not let him find out!
    That is damned funny!

Hey, Connie, take a break for a second. Look at this post.

-EarlJam

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    It's only 437 after I post this, and I forgot what I was going to say. Oh, yeah, I can remember that some of the threads about five or more years ago were way over 1,000 posts.
    Really?

I thought BMB tapped out way below that, something like 500-- but that's an extremely sketchy memory-- does anybody actually know?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, but if you post too quickly you may miss out on being someone. I missed one or two in the 700's. So now, I check and then take a screen shot. Very pathetic, I know...such is the life of a PW.
    PW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfrosh View Post
    Spent way too much time at the DU playing hyper Mrs. Pac Man. A quarter would go a long way.
    I spent a lot of my undergrad years drinking pictures and playing Naked Photo Hunt at Armadillo Grill in the Bryan Center (speaking of dating ourselves).

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    The coinage of that use of the term "Pop Tart" is my favorite etymological happening of my lifetime.
    And I am a giant nerd for having a "favorite etymological happening of my lifetime."