Page 1083 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 83583983103310731081108210831084108510931133118315832083 ... LastLast
Results 21,641 to 21,660 of 67238
    I’ve been to Georgia on a fast train, honey.
    I wasn’t born no yesterday.
    With a good Christian raisin’
    And an eighth-grade education
    Ain’t no needing f’y’all to be treating me this way.

By the time I get to Phoenix...

I'll be taking that 14 hour drive soon.

Jeebus Ymo, that's one heck of a drive. Hope it's not to move a mattress.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Car parts, almost always car parts. Yesterday I drove to Houston to pick up a bumper. 7 hours of driving. But oh is it beautiful.

We drove past a pick and pull place yesterday that covers 50 acres*. I don't think I have seen a larger location.

* searched for the business to find the size.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    We drove past a pick and pull place yesterday that covers 50 acres*. I don't think I have seen a larger location.

* searched for the business to find the size.

Good deals can still be found there but I know that locally, mine has been picked over. Unless something new comes in. But mid-60's and 70's cards are hard to find these days.

My score of the day was a 6 pack of Strawberry Frosted. Ignore those cuts of USDA Prime...

Currently drinking a G&T in Greece...don't mention it to the Ymm, Beer thread

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Currently drinking a G&T in Greece...don't mention it to the Ymm, Beer thread
    I won’t as long as no one mentions my meal this evening.

Strawberry Frosteds this morning.

And my prior post should have said not to tell my vegan friends.

20180905_092211_HDR-01.jpg

Cone of Shame sort of day here.
    Let's go Duke!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Strawberry Frosteds this morning.

And my prior post should have said not to tell my vegan friends.
    Can one have vegan friends without being a vegan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Can one have vegan friends without being a vegan?
    It can be a challenge. One of the neighbors went full-blown vegan with the fervor of a TV preacher. No matter the topic of conversation, every fourth or fifth word is "vegan". I am an unredeemable omnivore with no interest in repentance or salvation, so sometimes I will tolerate as much as I can stand and then make a graceful Irish exit...
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    make a graceful Irish exit...
    Is that crawling with dignity?😂🤣😎

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I told a vegan friend once that my reasons for not being vegan were ones that they could not successfully argue against.

Here is what I told them. "I believe that plants have a consciousness that we do not and cannot understand. (My friend brought the fact that plants do not have a central nervous system, I replied "Hence my feeling that we cannot understand their version of consciousness.") Because I believe that about plants - I will accept you calling me crazy but you cannot argue against that belief. Given that, I believe that all of our nutrition needs require us to kill and consume fellow conscious travelers in this universe. The only way to avoid killing and consuming is to starve myself to death. I am unwilling to do that, therefore I must kill and consume. I choose, as a living being, to try to spread my impact among as many different species of living things as I can, therefore I am an omnivore. However, there is a limit on the breadth of my consumption, I hate tomatoes and chocolate ice cream although I will eat some tomato sauces."

Well, when I've gone out to eat with vegan friends, I eat vegan. But generally, we don't talk about food to avoid the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    20180905_092211_HDR-01.jpg

Cone of Shame sort of day here.
    Hopefully nothing serious.

Well, when I've gone out to eat with vegan friends, I eat vegan. But generally, we don't talk about food to avoid the obvious.
    I don't. It is their lifestyle, not mine. I make no comment but eat my own choices.

Hopefully nothing serious.
    Just a leg gash. The cone is more bothersome to her, but it only took 90 minutes for her to rip out the first staples.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I don't. It is their lifestyle, not mine. I make no comment but eat my own choices.
    Tough to do when you go to a vegan/vegetarian restaurant.