Page 1076 of 2393 FirstFirst ... 76576976102610661074107510761077107810861126117615762076 ... LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,520 of 47859
  1. #21501
    Going off the rails on a crazy train...

  2. #21502
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Going off the rails on a crazy train...
    Chipper Jones was just inducted into Cooperstown. That was always his walk-up song.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  3. #21503
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Chipper Jones was just inducted into Cooperstown. That was always his walk-up song.
    Chipper was my childhood hero.

    He is naming his new son Cooper after Cooperstown. He already has a son that he named Shae that he named after the Mets old ballpark that he always dominated in.

  4. #21504
    On the TV show American Pickers, someone found the van Aerosmith traveled around in ‘70-‘71. I was born in ‘71, coincidence?

  5. #21505
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    On the TV show American Pickers, someone found the van Aerosmith traveled around in ‘70-‘71. I was born in ‘71, coincidence?
    I'm gonna stretch and say "probably."

    Not to burst your bubble though.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  6. #21506
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    On the TV show American Pickers, someone found the van Aerosmith traveled around in ‘70-‘71. I was born in ‘71, coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'm gonna stretch and say "probably."

    Not to burst your bubble though.
    Please don't. That bubble window is a key selling feature...

    bubblewindow.jpg

  7. #21507
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Please don't. That bubble window is a key selling feature...

    bubblewindow.jpg
    I would be disappointed if it did not have two bumper stickers:

    1. “If the van is a’rockin’, don’t come a’knockin’”

    2. “Cash, grass, or ### — nobody rides for free”

    Kinda miss the ‘70’s.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  8. #21508
    My 2009 Camry Hybrid needed the electronic power steering rack replaced. I came home with a RAV4 in Galactic Aqua. The color changes based on the light. I may call him Joseph.

  9. #21509
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My 2009 Camry Hybrid needed the electronic power steering rack replaced. I came home with a RAV4 in Galactic Aqua. The color changes based on the light. I may call him Joseph.
    I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat during its initial Broadway run with David Cassidy as Joseph.

  10. #21510
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    DaughterPK named her new car Loretta. Just not feeling it though.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  11. #21511
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DaughterPK named her new car Loretta. Just not feeling it though.
    Hot Lips?

    -jk

  12. #21512
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DaughterPK named her new car Loretta. Just not feeling it though.
    Depends on the car...

    Sister Turk ran off to the Peace Corps in South America and left behind a 2003 PT Cruiser for her nephews to fight over. I'm trying to christen it the Silver Shadow, but getting strong visual and verbal insubordination from the young Turks... Patience, persistence, and perseverance are the keys to success!
    "Quality is not an option!"

  13. #21513
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Hot Lips?

    -jk
    Hope not! Good reference, my first thoughts were of Ms. Lynn and also the girl from the Beatles' Get Back. But it's her car (sort of) so what's a dad to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Depends on the car...

    Sister Turk ran off to the Peace Corps in South America and left behind a 2003 PT Cruiser for her nephews to fight over. I'm trying to christen it the Silver Shadow, but getting strong visual and verbal insubordination from the young Turks... Patience, persistence, and perseverance are the keys to success!
    You left out the fourth P -- "paint job." Just emblazon "Silver Shadow" on the side, and voila!

    This is a 2014 Camry, grey and nonstandoutish.

    Former car was a really beat up 2006 Hundai Santa Fe that she named Sergio. That, I could sorta see.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  14. #21514
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    DaughterPK named her new car Loretta. Just not feeling it though.
    But . . .

    I want to be called . . . Loretta.

  15. #21515
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    A Midsummer Night's Dream opens in Hastings Park in West Medford, Mass on Saturday. It's been both a rewarding and exhausting summer. Producing two shows is too much though - not planning to do it again.

  16. #21516
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    But . . .

    I want to be called . . . Loretta.
    LOL, I had to try to explain that scene to her as well. (SonPK has seen the movie; DaughterPK has no interest in any movie I ever suggest).
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

  17. #21517
    We are downright middle aged.

  18. #21518
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    We are downright middle aged.
    Yeah, probably a thread killer right there.

  19. #21519
    Anyone else getting tired of rain?

  20. #21520
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone else getting tired of rain?
    I’m tired of Jimmy from Zippah.
    “Fútbol is life!” — Dani Rojas, Richmond Greyhounds

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •