Page 107 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 757971051061071081091171572076071107 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Which will we hit first, 100 pages or 2000 posts?
    100 pages is not a definitive goal, as it depends on user settings (how many posts per page is configurable.)

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Nope, no crack for me. I just saw that there seemed to be a consensus that conversation in the LTE was lagging, so I figured we could get some good mileage out of "Would you rather?". It always works with my friends.
    I vote for the duck.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Mixed up lyrics: Ohh yeah, have definitely done that a time or two. The one I'm most embarrassed/proud of is "we're living in a poly gag that's giving off sparks." Who knows the correct lyric? Thank God for the internet as now I can look up lyrics.
    For more REM lyrics, I was kind of disappointed to learn that "this one goes out to the one I love," instead of "to the one-eyed love."

Welcome back Devilalumna. How was your vacation?
    Vacation was lovely -- sunny, warm, got some diving in (saw lots of moray eels, puffer fish, and little stingrays), took an ATV tour up into the mountains above Puerto Vallarta, found where I want to retire when I win the lottery -- yeah, it was a great week.

And now, which would you rather have -- a dull, low-grade headache, or an ingrown toenail?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Wink

I get dull, low grade headaches all the time. I find I can manage with them, so I'll take one of those. And a bump on the head.

'Are you sure you wouldn't rather have a poke in the eye?'

OK, taking it on topic but I don't feel like starting a new thread over in the scary EK forums. At the urging of another poster I went to InsideCarolina yesterday. I couldn't find the flight wings but I did find a schadenfreude post about all the Devil alums being out of the NBA playoffs. Then they started listing all the Heels who have won NBA Championships in the Coach K era as compare to the one lowly Danny Ferry on the Spurs win.

OK, 6 for MJ, that's impressive and I'll concede that statistic kind of trumps anything the Dukies have done in the NBA, but really MJ was one guy. Yeah, he went to Carolina but I suspect he would have been MJ no matter where he went.

Here's the lame stuff, they were bragging about Scott Williams(!), Sheed, and somebody else who I can't remember because, well, whoever they were, their NBA team sure didn't win because of them. Apparently Scott Williams was on some of those Jordan Bulls teams. Should they get to count those twice? Then there was a discussion of whether Hubert Davis should count because he rode the bench for a Pistons team although he was off the team before the playoffs. I mean really. It almost made me root for the Hornets (and Chris Paul) last night so I could post that although the Heels may be ahead of the Devils, the Deacons sure have owned them the past few years.

How many does Duncan have anyway? Is he rivaling MJ yet?

I say we get to count Kobe because he's said if he had gone to college, he would have gone to Duke. ;-)

Oooo, will this be the post to take it to page 100?

Darn, no, maybe this one will.

Oh, so that's how you get emoticons in the post. I'm not a Luddite. Just

I've decided I really want to start page 100.

Does this do it?

I must be getting close.

How about this one?

OK, here's one, if you lost a bet would you rather have to wear a TarHeels t-shirt or a Yankees t-shirt to work?

(If you don't hate the Yankees, insert the hated professional sports team of your choice.)

For me it's a no brainer. Nothing Carolina blue touches my body, ever.

Last try then I leave it for somebody else.

100!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OK, here's one, if you lost a bet would you rather have to wear a TarHeels t-shirt or a Yankees t-shirt to work?

(If you don't hate the Yankees, insert the hated professional sports team of your choice.)

For me it's a no brainer. Nothing Carolina blue touches my body, ever.
    I'm with you on this BD. I'd rather wear a Yankees to t-shirt to work than a Hole shirt.

PS: Still not at page 100
    Last edited by TillyGalore; 05-20-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: page 100

I'm with you on this BD. I'd rather wear a Yankees to t-shirt to work than a Hole shirt.

PS: Still not at page 100
    As much as I would hate it - a Yankees shirt. At least I can claim a connection - my niece works for YES.

Talking How old am I?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    As much as I would hate it - a Yankees shirt. At least I can claim a connection - my niece works for YES.
    Are they still touring? Jon Anderson? Alan White? Chris Squire? Steve Howe? Tony Kaye?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

OK - quick challenge: MASS kudos to the first person to post in Sanskrit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    What is YES?

I am posting this to get the thread's post count to 1980, thus marking the end of the carter administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I am posting this to get the thread's post count to 1980, thus marking the end of the carter administration.
    And, you got the thread to the 100th page.

Yeah Shammrog!!!

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    But do we really want to relive the Reagan years? I'm not commenting on Reagan or any of his policies, simply that the Reagan years were the '80s. Please, please, please don't make me relive them again even in our fake little cyber-world here at DBR. Even getting to relive the Thatcher years isn't enough to make me willing to revisit the '80s.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    But do we really want to relive the Reagan years? I'm not commenting on Reagan or any of his policies, simply that the Reagan years were the '80s. Please, please, please don't make me relive them again even in our fake little cyber-world here at DBR. Even getting to relive the Thatcher years isn't enough to make me willing to revisit the '80s.
    But Wall Street was an awesome movie. Greed clarifies.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Well, then hurry up and post! Time in DBR-world is linear, and the sooner you, I, and others post, the sooner the 1980s are over!!!

Doing my part to get us out of the '80s. 1986 - wasn't that Louisville?

Who will get us to our National Championship year?

In 1987 I had my tenth birthday party and I still wasn't wearing Jams.