Page 1069 of 2317 FirstFirst ... 69569969101910591067106810691070107110791119116915692069 ... LastLast
Results 21,361 to 21,380 of 46331
  1. #21361
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    When others are drinking it. I like the smell but can't stand the taste.
    This is me too. My best friend is on a mission to make me like it, she claims it's an acquired taste. Problem is people say that about beer as well and I don't like that either.

  2. #21362
    Add me to the camp of non-coffee drinkers.

  3. #21363
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Fresh ground, hot and strong. Cream splop if available but Black is fine. No sugar.

    Preferably, non corporate.

  4. #21364
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Fresh ground, hot and strong. Cream splop if available but Black is fine. No sugar.

    Preferably, non corporate.
    Hot, strong, and black - but only from a medium roast. Can't stand the over roasted/burnt coffees... (Looking at you, Starbucks!)

    -jk

  5. #21365
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Add me to the camp of non-coffee drinkers.
    Who are you people and how do you function?

  6. #21366
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Who are you people and how do you function?
    I'm with you, who are they? Make mine just short of battery acid. 😎

  7. #21367
    Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    This is me too. My best friend is on a mission to make me like it, she claims it's an acquired taste. Problem is people say that about beer as well and I don't like that either.
    "They" say if you don't acquire the taste in college, you never will.

  8. #21368
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Who are you people and how do you function?
    I am my mother's daughter - she didn't drink coffee. She got her caffeine from Coke. She switched to Tab and then Diet Coke.

  9. #21369
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am my mother's daughter - she didn't drink coffee. She got her caffeine from Coke. She switched to Tab and then Diet Coke.
    Diet Mountain Dew is my soda of choice.

  10. #21370
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Who are you people and how do you function?
    Glass of iced tea in the morning then water the rest of the day. It works for me.

  11. #21371
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I am my mother's daughter - she didn't drink coffee. She got her caffeine from Coke. She switched to Tab and then Diet Coke.
    OMG: three cases of 24 16 oz bottles of Coke, every single week. My mom really needed her Coke, and we hung onto her coattails (coketails?).

    She eventually gave it up, and reportedly slept the better for it. But we missed the abundant sweet goodness...

    -jk

  12. #21372
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    OMG: three cases of 24 16 oz bottles of Coke, every single week. My mom really needed her Coke, and we hung onto her coattails (coketails?).

    She eventually gave it up, and reportedly slept the better for it. But we missed the abundant sweet goodness...

    -jk
    The kids only got to have soda on rare occasions but Mom had her 10oz bottles of Coke. I don't remember if I ever had a soda before we moved to Japan.

  13. #21373
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    The kids only got to have soda on rare occasions but Mom had her 10oz bottles of Coke. I don't remember if I ever had a soda before we moved to Japan.
    WTH is up with other countries when you order a coke at a restaurant? They bring you a tiny glass of Coke, along with a tiny glass, then pour two sips of the Coke in the bottle and sit the glass beside it.

    Actually, maybe this is why the USA is so obese? I don't really drink soda much anymore, and when I do, I usually go for the diet option. Ymm, aspartame...

  14. #21374
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    WTH is up with other countries when you order a coke at a restaurant? They bring you a tiny glass of Coke, along with a tiny glass, then pour two sips of the Coke in the bottle and sit the glass beside it.

    Actually, maybe this is why the USA is so obese? I don't really drink soda much anymore, and when I do, I usually go for the diet option. Ymm, aspartame...
    I rarely drink soda anymore either but I actually prefer the taste of Diet Coke to the regular. Probably because that's what was in the house when I was a kid.

  15. #21375
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    <Insert clip of me driving Papa Turk's rusty old Ford Ranger pickup past boarded up houses, the hoop courts and baseball fields where I used to play, and the old parish school, with Springsteen's "My Hometown" or "My City of Ruins" playing in the background...>
    Potentially interesting show with a similar theme on the History Channel, Detroit: Comeback City. I didn't watch it yet, but lots of focus on the train station which is a fabulous building IMHO.

  16. #21376
    Anyone else notice that the Beer Thread is making gains on LTE?
    The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

  17. #21377
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone else notice that the Beer Thread is making gains on LTE?
    I hadn't noticed. Can you cite any evidence?

  18. #21378
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I hadn't noticed. Can you cite any evidence?
    They seem to be at a steady clip of between 10 and 20 posts a day.

  19. #21379
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    They seem to be at a steady clip of between 10 and 20 posts a day.
    Are there really that many interesting beers? The answer is unequivocally...

  20. #21380
    Maybe we should drink beer in the morning?

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •