Page 1054 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 54554954100410441052105310541055105610641104115415542054 ... LastLast
Results 21,061 to 21,080 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    That is fine, I just hate it when their superiors do not get me their time cards in time
    Been there. Done that. Let's lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Been there. Done that. Let's lunch.
    Let's do. I meant to pm you back about lunch. I may be able to do tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Nope, wasn’t grossed up.

True that it was a worthy cause. It does hep somewhat to think of it that way. It still seems to me as though it should count as a moving expense, though. It’s not like I would choose to rent a house 800 miles away from where I working, and I was still paying rent as a consequence of moving (and having a total jerk wad of a property manager who wouldn’t list the house to lease after I moved out).

My new employer wanted to make the payment directly to the owner. The property manager refused to provide me with the necessary info, allegedly because the owner was afraid of identity theft. If the manager hadn’t been a jerk, I wouldn’t have even seen the money to have it count against me.
    It won't make you feel any better but paying them directly instead of through you, it would have still counted as income to you.

Good news - the lease payments only cost you the tax on the reimbursement.

I've been in my current location nearly 6 years. That tops the 5 years I spent in Charlotte, NC.

And I'm making marinara sauce with meatballs and sausages for a weekend gathering.

I have a pretty shallow interior/mental existence, I'll admit.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    And I'm making marinara sauce with meatballs and sausages for a weekend gathering.

I will need a sample, please.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I will need a sample, please.
    I would take the recipe.

I'll be making a Key Lime Pound cake for a luncheon on Saturday.

Wife’s out of town. Just had pinto beans and fatback. Comfort food from my childhood. (Wife will not allow me to have it if she’s at home, or is going to be back in a couple of days.)

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Wife’s out of town. Just had pinto beans and fatback. Comfort food from my childhood. (Wife will not allow me to have it if she’s at home, or is going to be back in a couple of days.)
    Now we're talking. Did you have some cornbread? Gotta have cornbread with the pinto beans.

No cornbread. My cooking skills are very limited. I did make toast with garlic butter.

No cornbread. My cooking skills are very limited. I did make toast with garlic butter.
    I bet you could still make a good cornbread. It’s a simple process with like 4 ingredients.

Day 4 of Mrs. TruBlu being out of town. Today’s dinner - 2 fried bologna sandwiches and potato chips.

Arteries are still hanging in there.

Day 4 of Mrs. TruBlu being out of town. Today’s dinner - 2 fried bologna sandwiches and potato chips.

Arteries are still hanging in there.
    To save the arteries and change things up, I like to just sauté my bologna in butter some nights instead. And, maybe a salt lick.

Trying to decide whether to do something, or not to do it. All help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Trying to decide whether to do something, or not to do it. All help would be appreciated.
    It’s Saturday.

If it’s work, don’t.

If it’s fun, go for it! (If it’s illegal, I didn’t say that.)

Eff it.

It’s Saturday.

If it’s work, don’t.

If it’s fun, go for it! (If it’s illegal, I didn’t say that.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Eff it.
    Thank you both.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    On Wednesday, the city construction crew replacing the sewer lines in front of our house accidentally cut our fiber optic cable. We just now got our internet/tv/phone back. Did anybody miss me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    On Wednesday, the city construction crew replacing the sewer lines in front of our house accidentally cut our fiber optic cable. We just now got our internet/tv/phone back. Did anybody miss me?
    Obviously, yes.

Was hoping you would help on my decision of whether to do it or not. (Update, leaning towards it. Got a hotel room “just in case”)

...Was hoping you would help on my decision of whether to do it or not. (Update, leaning towards it. Got a hotel room “just in case”)
    That sounds very mysterious and a bit naughty! And here I was thinking that you might be considering a tattoo of K's profile on your bicep. Maybe to match the one elsewhere?

I would have been all for it, btw.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'