Page 1053 of 2390 FirstFirst ... 53553953100310431051105210531054105510631103115315532053 ... LastLast
Results 21,041 to 21,060 of 47784
  1. #21041
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not a lot of diversity in Vermont, sadly.
    No. And "Waterfalls" was a bad choice.

    It's not the kid's fault there isn't much diversity at the schools that accepted him though. He can only go where he gets in.

  2. #21042
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The good news is we have one more school to visit, UMass Amherst, and then he'll make his decision and I'll shut up about college acceptance. Sorry to be such a broken record. It's occupied most of my brain space for a few months now.

  3. #21043
    Should they have avoided TLC at all cost or should they have substituted No Scrubs for Waterfalls?

  4. #21044
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Should they have avoided TLC at all cost or should they have substituted No Scrubs for Waterfalls?
    ;-)

    They should have avoided TLC at all cost. Their last song was "Toxic", btw.

  5. #21045
    So, I missed out on the '70 Trans Am...

  6. #21046
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, I missed out on the '70 Trans Am...
    NO!!!!!!

    Sorry about that. Was it black?

  7. #21047
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    NO!!!!!!

    Sorry about that. Was it black?
    Polar white. The first few years ('69-'72) there were only a couple colors available, white or blue. And '69 actually only offered white. By '73 there were 3 colors available. It wssn't until '76 that you could get one in black, though that is likely the most famous color due to Burt Reynold's Smokey and the Bandit portrayal.

    The screamin' chicken logo on the hood appeared in '73.

    I'm trying to find a reasonably priced '70-'72.

  8. #21048
    Siiighhhh.

    Paid my taxes today.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  9. #21049
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Siiighhhh.

    Paid my taxes today.
    I laid out a reasonable schedule to pay mine.

  10. #21050
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Siiighhhh.

    Paid my taxes today.
    Preparing my taxes now. Almost finished. I got hosed because my new employer bought out my lease. Because of the way it was handled, it got put into my W-2 as income. I can’t deduct the lease that I was reimbursed for, even though I was living hundreds of miles away and couldn’t live in the house. Thanks, Uncle Sam.

    Edited to add: Thanks to DinK for answering questions!
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 04-16-2018 at 08:21 PM. Reason: DinK shout-out

  11. #21051
    I guess today is tax day. I gad mine done in mid-February. I over withheld a bit and wanted my $$ back.

  12. #21052
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Ate some Paqui Ghost Pepper chips last night. I regret that decision.

    Also, I hate payroll days.

  13. #21053

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Ate some Paqui Ghost Pepper chips last night. I regret that decision.

    Also, I hate payroll days.

    You don’t like seeing people get the money they earned?

  14. #21054
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    You donít like seeing people get the money they earned?
    That is fine, I just hate it when their superiors do not get me their time cards in time

  15. #21055
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Preparing my taxes now. Almost finished. I got hosed because my new employer bought out my lease. Because of the way it was handled, it got put into my W-2 as income. I canít deduct the lease that I was reimbursed for, even though I was living hundreds of miles away and couldnít live in the house. Thanks, Uncle Sam.

    Edited to add: Thanks to DinK for answering questions!
    Not a tax expert but I know a little about taxes. If your employer paid for some of your living expenses, i.e., your lease payments on your apartment or house, why would that NOT be considered taxable income to you? Furthermore, you should come out a head, even after paying the income taxes on employer-paid lease payments, rather than making the lease payments yourself with after-tax dollars. (Maybe I am not thinking about this correctly?)

  16. #21056
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Snowing again today. Enough!

  17. #21057
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Not a tax expert but I know a little about taxes. If your employer paid for some of your living expenses, i.e., your lease payments on your apartment or house, why would that NOT be considered taxable income to you? Furthermore, you should come out a head, even after paying the income taxes on employer-paid lease payments, rather than making the lease payments yourself with after-tax dollars. (Maybe I am not thinking about this correctly?)
    True. I mentioned to AD that employers often gross up the amount they reimburse for things like this to cover the taxes. Don't know if her employer did.

    AD - perhaps the tax on it could be considered your fee to get out of Dodge.

  18. #21058
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    True. I mentioned to AD that employers often gross up the amount they reimburse for things like this to cover the taxes. Don't know if her employer did.

    AD - perhaps the tax on it could be considered your fee to get out of Dodge.
    Yes, this is true too. Sometimes, employers WILL gross up the amount paid out to the employee to cover the income taxes due on net amount received. Depends on how generous the employer is and how much leverage the employee may have.

  19. #21059
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJoad View Post
    Snowing again today. Enough!
    Snow last night. Eighty tomorrow.

  20. #21060
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    True. I mentioned to AD that employers often gross up the amount they reimburse for things like this to cover the taxes. Don't know if her employer did.

    AD - perhaps the tax on it could be considered your fee to get out of Dodge.
    Nope, wasnít grossed up.

    True that it was a worthy cause. It does hep somewhat to think of it that way. It still seems to me as though it should count as a moving expense, though. Itís not like I would choose to rent a house 800 miles away from where I working, and I was still paying rent as a consequence of moving (and having a total jerk wad of a property manager who wouldnít list the house to lease after I moved out).

    My new employer wanted to make the payment directly to the owner. The property manager refused to provide me with the necessary info, allegedly because the owner was afraid of identity theft. If the manager hadnít been a jerk, I wouldnít have even seen the money to have it count against me.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •