Page 1053 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 53553953100310431051105210531054105510631103115315532053 ... LastLast
Results 21,041 to 21,060 of 67371
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not a lot of diversity in Vermont, sadly.
    No. And "Waterfalls" was a bad choice.

It's not the kid's fault there isn't much diversity at the schools that accepted him though. He can only go where he gets in.

The good news is we have one more school to visit, UMass Amherst, and then he'll make his decision and I'll shut up about college acceptance. Sorry to be such a broken record. It's occupied most of my brain space for a few months now.

Should they have avoided TLC at all cost or should they have substituted No Scrubs for Waterfalls?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Should they have avoided TLC at all cost or should they have substituted No Scrubs for Waterfalls?
    ;-)

They should have avoided TLC at all cost. Their last song was "Toxic", btw.

So, I missed out on the '70 Trans Am...

So, I missed out on the '70 Trans Am...
    NO!!!!!!

Sorry about that. Was it black?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    NO!!!!!!

Sorry about that. Was it black?
    Polar white. The first few years ('69-'72) there were only a couple colors available, white or blue. And '69 actually only offered white. By '73 there were 3 colors available. It wssn't until '76 that you could get one in black, though that is likely the most famous color due to Burt Reynold's Smokey and the Bandit portrayal.

The screamin' chicken logo on the hood appeared in '73.

I'm trying to find a reasonably priced '70-'72.

Siiighhhh.

Paid my taxes today.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Siiighhhh.

Paid my taxes today.
    I laid out a reasonable schedule to pay mine.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Siiighhhh.

Paid my taxes today.
    Preparing my taxes now. Almost finished. I got hosed because my new employer bought out my lease. Because of the way it was handled, it got put into my W-2 as income. I can’t deduct the lease that I was reimbursed for, even though I was living hundreds of miles away and couldn’t live in the house. Thanks, Uncle Sam.

Edited to add: Thanks to DinK for answering questions!
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 04-16-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: DinK shout-out

I guess today is tax day. I gad mine done in mid-February. I over withheld a bit and wanted my $$ back.

Ate some Paqui Ghost Pepper chips last night. I regret that decision.

Also, I hate payroll days.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Ate some Paqui Ghost Pepper chips last night. I regret that decision.

Also, I hate payroll days.

You don’t like seeing people get the money they earned?

You don’t like seeing people get the money they earned?
    That is fine, I just hate it when their superiors do not get me their time cards in time

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Preparing my taxes now. Almost finished. I got hosed because my new employer bought out my lease. Because of the way it was handled, it got put into my W-2 as income. I can’t deduct the lease that I was reimbursed for, even though I was living hundreds of miles away and couldn’t live in the house. Thanks, Uncle Sam.

Edited to add: Thanks to DinK for answering questions!
    Not a tax expert but I know a little about taxes. If your employer paid for some of your living expenses, i.e., your lease payments on your apartment or house, why would that NOT be considered taxable income to you? Furthermore, you should come out a head, even after paying the income taxes on employer-paid lease payments, rather than making the lease payments yourself with after-tax dollars. (Maybe I am not thinking about this correctly?)

Snowing again today. Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Not a tax expert but I know a little about taxes. If your employer paid for some of your living expenses, i.e., your lease payments on your apartment or house, why would that NOT be considered taxable income to you? Furthermore, you should come out a head, even after paying the income taxes on employer-paid lease payments, rather than making the lease payments yourself with after-tax dollars. (Maybe I am not thinking about this correctly?)
    True. I mentioned to AD that employers often gross up the amount they reimburse for things like this to cover the taxes. Don't know if her employer did.

AD - perhaps the tax on it could be considered your fee to get out of Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    True. I mentioned to AD that employers often gross up the amount they reimburse for things like this to cover the taxes. Don't know if her employer did.

Yes, this is true too. Sometimes, employers WILL gross up the amount paid out to the employee to cover the income taxes due on net amount received. Depends on how generous the employer is and how much leverage the employee may have.

Quote Originally Posted by TomJoad View Post
    Snowing again today. Enough!
    Snow last night. Eighty tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Nope, wasn’t grossed up.

True that it was a worthy cause. It does hep somewhat to think of it that way. It still seems to me as though it should count as a moving expense, though. It’s not like I would choose to rent a house 800 miles away from where I working, and I was still paying rent as a consequence of moving (and having a total jerk wad of a property manager who wouldn’t list the house to lease after I moved out).

My new employer wanted to make the payment directly to the owner. The property manager refused to provide me with the necessary info, allegedly because the owner was afraid of identity theft. If the manager hadn’t been a jerk, I wouldn’t have even seen the money to have it count against me.