Page 1052 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 52552952100210421050105110521053105410621102115215522052 ... LastLast
Results 21,021 to 21,040 of 67661
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Hi, y’all! I’m catching up over here and avoiding work that needs to be done - a grant and taxes. Good times.

Yes, Galveston.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yes, Galveston.
    I just updated/corrected that - or, I thought I did.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I just updated/corrected that - or, I thought I did.
    It’s fixed now, thanks to the magical save button.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Woo-hoo! The missus got a new job!
    Sweet!

I had meant to give you a buzz, we have a job opening that she may have been a good fit for.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Sweet!

I had meant to give you a buzz, we have a job opening that she may have been a good fit for.
    Well, feel free to PM me deets. She is still working out her notice at the last place and doesn't start for a few weeks.

Also, I think we are due for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, feel free to PM me deets. She is still working out her notice at the last place and doesn't start for a few weeks.

Also, I think we are due for lunch.
    Indeed! I'll PM you...

Man, I really like Aldi.

You can't get everything you need there, but boy it is cheap. Love their entire business model.

Anyone ever shopped at a Lidl?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Man, I really like Aldi.

You can't get everything you need there, but boy it is cheap. Love their entire business model.

Anyone ever shopped at a Lidl?
    Never heard of Lidl but I like Aldi. They almost always have a high quality chocolate! Working through the Easter candy I purchased - the chocolates from Germany are great and the Polish chocolates are too.

I love Lidl!

It may not be the place for a giant tractor load of groceries, although the produce is very good and organic meats, dairy and those vegetables have great prices. You have to bag your own groceries, so take bags.

The middle aisles in back all have seasonal merchandise, toys, some clothing. European candy is a good deal, too.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Never been to Aldi or Lidl, but one of the two is setting up shop about a mile and a half away in the next year or so.

400 hp from my small block Buick!

That sounds cool! Don't know much about engine performance but one of my favorite teevee shows is Garage Rehab. Love it when Richard goes in there and tosses all the junk out of working shops and gets them straightened out. Russell is my new crush, too.

I'm nuts, I'll admit it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Which model is this in? I know you're into classics (me too), and I have a soft spot for Buicks (even the latter-day old ladymobiles).

There's the tiniest lady chickadee looking around for a suitable nesting spot near my kitchen door. So hoping she like the neighborhood. Baby birds!

It is a 350 for my 1970 Skylark Convertible. I also have a 1970 GS 455.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    It is a 350 for my 1970 Skylark Convertible. I also have a 1970 GS 455.
    That's a car worth moving to Texas for.

Not sure why the double post of the picture, added it from my phone. There is more to the car story but I shan't bore all with the details.

As a Detroiter, I love cars. I'm also an excellent dancer.

I'll bet Mrs. Ymo has a great outfit to wear while cruising around in that beauty! I would!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Took the two boys who have been accepted to UVM up to visit on accepted students day yesterday. Lovely campus, lovely school, happy with almost everything I saw. The open house with the Classics faculty went well - the Classics/linguistics kid was excited by many of the course offerings. Then he made a connection with a linguistics faculty member who I could tell was super impressed with him. He's got some theories about Romance language nouns. He has similar interests to what this professor does only he's more interested in it from a root language perspective and she does it with modern languages but they were talking about stuff that I do not understand. (Linguistics, like every other field, has a jargon that non-linguists don't comprehend.) Only one other admitted student attended the linguistics open house. She had taken Latin in high school and she was full of questions for my son. I said they should just exchange emails. I think she wanted to - I don't think my kid realized how much she wanted to and it didn't happen. But she did write down his name.

BUT

there was one thing that really, really, really bothered me. The all male, all white (plus one Asian student) a capella group that performed for the morning info session sang "Waterfalls", the TLC song. They were perfectly fine singers and it was a perfectly fine college a capella group, but when the skinny senior with the floppy hair started rapping, I leaned over to my number 2 son and whispered, "I actively hate this."

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Took the two boys who have been accepted to UVM up to visit on accepted students day yesterday. Lovely campus, lovely school, happy with almost everything I saw. The open house with the Classics faculty went well - the Classics/linguistics kid was excited by many of the course offerings. Then he made a connection with a linguistics faculty member who I could tell was super impressed with him. He's got some theories about Romance language nouns. He has similar interests to what this professor does only he's more interested in it from a root language perspective and she does it with modern languages but they were talking about stuff that I do not understand. (Linguistics, like every other field, has a jargon that non-linguists don't comprehend.) Only one other admitted student attended the linguistics open house. She had taken Latin in high school and she was full of questions for my son. I said they should just exchange emails. I think she wanted to - I don't think my kid realized how much she wanted to and it didn't happen. But she did write down his name.

BUT

there was one thing that really, really, really bothered me. The all male, all white (plus one Asian student) a capella group that performed for the morning info session sang "Waterfalls", the TLC song. They were perfectly fine singers and it was a perfectly fine college a capella group, but when the skinny senior with the floppy hair started rapping, I leaned over to my number 2 son and whispered, "I actively hate this."
    Not a lot of diversity in Vermont, sadly.