Page 1047 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4754794799710371045104610471048104910571097114715472047 ... LastLast
Results 20,921 to 20,940 of 67394
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I somehow suspect all of us got the result we desired.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    So far, the Classics scholar is into UMass, UVM, and Dickinson BUT he just got rejected by his co first choice, William & Mary. He's been turned down by Bowdoin and UVA as well. He's having a rough afternoon. Still have a few schools to hear from, including Duke, but they are all reaches. Nothing wrong with UMass, particularly for the Classics/Linguistics combo, but he was hoping for a smaller school. I'm feeling particularly guilty because I thought he would get into W&M and have been talking it up for the past 6 months at least.

C'mon Duke and Cornell!!

Ahh, bummer BD. You want the best for these kids and it hurts to see them get dinged.

He sounds like a resilient young man and no doubt will soar wherever he ends up.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

These late games are killing me...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    These late games are killing me...
    Yeah, later this morning is gonna suck.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yeah, later this morning is gonna suck.
    Already awake.

Ugh.

It's too cold to go out and resume my quest to pick up sticks and branches from the four week past windstorm.

But pretty sure my husband needs the brisk exercise.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

While weezie is cutting down the Bradford pears, I'm getting ready to fertilize my oak trees. None of them is very old, but the one in my neighbor's yard has to be 100 years at least.

Looks like I won't be needing your restaurant recommendations in SA next weekend, Ymo.

Bummed also that now I have no excuse to break the Lenten no booze pledge. I could use a sip tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Looks like I won't be needing your restaurant recommendations in SA next weekend, Ymo.

Bummed also that now I have no excuse to break the Lenten no booze pledge. I could use a sip tonight...
    Sunday’s are exempt from Lent. You’re good.

Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Now what?
    I will plan my trip to Pittsburgh for a graduation celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Anyone else got a peaceful easy feeling on the brink of the tournament today?
    Yes, but I can’t tell you why.
    Now what?
    Heartache tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    While weezie is cutting down the Bradford pears, I'm getting ready to fertilize my oak trees. None of them is very old, but the one in my neighbor's yard has to be 100 years at least.
    I didn't get around to fertilizing my oak trees today.

Now what?
    Time to urge the neighbor to get his horseshoe pit in condition for spring I guess.

Read the entire post-game thread. Wish I hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Read the entire post-game thread. Wish I hadn't.
    Yeah, gonna give it a pass.

Baseball season starts this week. The Masters starts next week. Spring is here. Time to re-learn the names of my kids.

...Time to re-learn the names of my kids.

Wait a sec, you've got a college bound child, am I right on that? Oh yes, you've got a big summer on tap. Oh my, get the tissues ready...

Anyone have suggestions for third party flight itinerary websites? I've always used Expedia in the past, but there are better deals through Cheap Tickets and Travelocity for the trip I am planning. Should I just go through the airline (s) instead?