Page 1042 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 4254294299210321040104110421043104410521092114215422042 ... LastLast
Results 20,821 to 20,840 of 67390
    So, apparently the Zit Kala Sha Lodge merged with the Tseyedin Lodge to form the Talligewi Lodge way back in '95. Who knew?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    That was like '98 or '99?
    Yeah, something like that.

So, apparently the Zit Kala Sha Lodge merged with the Tseyedin Lodge to form the Talligewi Lodge way back in '95. Who knew?
    Uhm, what? I am brave enough to admit when I have no idea what someone is talking about. This is one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Uhm, what? I am brave enough to admit when I have no idea what someone is talking about. This is one of those times.
    Boy Scouts Order of the Arrow Lodges...

Hopefully, this doesn't send us into PPB territory.

Nah - I think it's OK to mention the Boy Scouts.

The Boy Scouts of America was chartered in 1916 by President Woodrow Wilson. Fact.

Did it hit your property? Hope it didn't do any significant damage!
    Thanks for your concern! It just dodged our property, but did minor damage to the house of our neighbors, who were not home at the time - thankfully, since the tree landed on top of their eight year old’s room, which would have been pretty scary even with only minor damage.

Not to mention the second of their trees that went down or their fence that was just blown flat. Tough day for some folks here in Northern Virginia, and we are grateful to have come out relatively unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    Thanks for your concern! It just dodged our property, but did minor damage to the house of our neighbors, who were not home at the time - thankfully, since the tree landed on top of their eight year old’s room, which would have been pretty scary even with only minor damage.

Not to mention the second of their trees that went down or their fence that was just blown flat. Tough day for some folks here in Northern Virginia, and we are grateful to have come out relatively unscathed.
    Trees down all over the place near me, but we didn't suffer anything worse than a few medium-sized branches in the driveway. We didn't even lost power. Knock wood.

Trees down all over the place near me, but we didn't suffer anything worse than a few medium-sized branches in the driveway. We didn't even lost power. Knock wood.
    As long as that wood is either no larger than medium-sized or still in its proper place!

Hope everyone made it through the wind safely and that the only gusts tonight were from 3 pointers ripping through the nets...

It just fečls like to me that while we may suffer a loss in the ACC Tourney that this team will go into the NCAAs with seven losses and then match the '91 team by winning the title but best them by getting to 33 wins. And in a surprise move, some folks who many expected to go actually stay another year, helping lay the foundation for a strong run to repeat.

It just fečls like to me that while we may suffer a loss in the ACC Tourney that this team will go into the NCAAs with seven losses and then match the '91 team by winning the title but best them by getting to 33 wins. And in a surprise move, some folks who many expected to go actually stay another year, helping lay the foundation for a strong run to repeat.
    I would like some of whatever you are having please.

Hitting the Ymm, beer thread a bit early today?

What the hell. Make mine a double and sign me up.

I did have an overly ripe banana for breakfast...

Holy samoleans. Just confirmed that our section of the county is going to be without power for at least a week. All the wires and poles need replacement. Heading home to empty the fridge and freezer. Who's got a spare room for the weez?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Holy samoleans. Just confirmed that our section of the county is going to be without power for at least a week. All the wires and poles need replacement. Heading home to empty the fridge and freezer. Who's got a spare room for the weez?
    I've got a whole extra floor you can use. You'll just have to share it with my grumpy blind cat who hisses and swings...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I would like some of whatever you are having please.
    My guess is that's it KoolAid.

For the record, I always think Duke is going to win the championship.

That's no fun. We never lost power but the school where I work, which is 4 miles away, is still without power and there's a good chance we won't have it back in time for school tomorrow. I currently have 3 roommates, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and 4 family members who are also without power, full house over here, but there might be an empty recliner or patch of floor you can grab

Bring an air mattress with you and you can have a part of my floor. I have wine. Bring whatever freezer/fridge stuff that will go well with it.

With kind thanks to all of the above who graciously offered some truly heart-warming and deeply touching accommodations (yes, well, beggars can't be choosers) I am happy to report that an incredible effort by Pike Utility company got us up and running about an hour ago.

We stopped up on the road and brought them out some sodas and cookies. It was an epic mess we left and I am stunned at how hard those guys worked.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'