Page 1037 of 2856 FirstFirst ... 3753793798710271035103610371038103910471087113715372037 ... LastLast
Results 20,721 to 20,740 of 57119
  1. #20721
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    This was my second time facing food poisoning. I was a senior in college the first time and it was the most miserable 24 hours of my life. Wasn't as intense this time around, but lasted about 36 hours. Things seem to be looking up now.
    I hope you keep feeling better and better.

  2. #20722
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Be safe. I had food poisoning once and I lost 12 pounds in a week.
    Shouldn't this belong in the Fitness Thread? Too soon?

    Get well quickly, luburch

  3. #20723
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    I'm wearing black socks with brown shoes today.

  4. #20724
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'm wearing black socks with brown shoes today.
    I am trying on my black suit today in advance of being in a wedding this weekend and my blazer seems to have shrunk.

  5. #20725
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I am trying on my black suit today in advance of being in a wedding this weekend and my blazer seems to have shrunk.
    I hate it when that happens.

  6. #20726
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I hate it when that happens.
    There oughta be a law.

  7. #20727
    I'll confess that one of the great fun aspects of being a wife, girlfriend, significant other, partner (same sex or otherwise) or good pal of any male is to get the chance to gaze at the get up some fellow may be thinking he's looking good in and saving them from fashion catastrophe with a well-timed, "Just what exactly is going on with this outfit?" Followed by, "So you really think that shirt goes well with that pork pie hat?" Or some equally brilliant observation.


    And, no, I'm not setting up a straight line for one of you jokers. But I'm sure it's on the way.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  8. #20728
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I'll confess that one of the great fun aspects of being a wife, girlfriend, significant other, partner (same sex or otherwise) or good pal of any male is to get the chance to gaze at the get up some fellow may be thinking he's looking good in and saving them from fashion catastrophe with a well-timed, "Just what exactly is going on with this outfit?" Followed by, "So you really think that shirt goes well with that pork pie hat?" Or some equally brilliant observation.


    And, no, I'm not setting up a straight line for one of you jokers. But I'm sure it's on the way.
    I have labeled my fashion look the “vaguely unkemp vagrant” look. Think “Colombo meets Oscar Madison under a bridge somewhere.”

    Not everyone can pull that off. But I think I carry it pretty damn well if I say so myself.
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  9. #20729
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I have labeled my fashion look the “vaguely unkemp vagrant” look. Think “Colombo meets Oscar Madison under a bridge somewhere.”

    Not everyone can pull that off. But I think I carry it pretty damn well if I say so myself.
    Living in the mountains, I have cultivated the five o'clock shadow and plaid flannel look. Mostly out of laziness.

  10. #20730
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Living in the mountains, I have cultivated the five o'clock shadow and plaid flannel look. Mostly out of laziness.
    I believe that “the lazy lumberjack” is a karma sutra position. Not sure though, I only have the audiobook.
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  11. #20731
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I believe that “the lazy lumberjack” is a karma sutra position. Not sure though, I only have the audiobook.
    There is a common joke here in Asheville...

    "Hey, did you see that guy walk in?"

    "Which one?"

    "There guy with the beard"

  12. #20732
    Karma is a ...

  13. #20733
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Karma is a ...
    ... New rideshare app?

  14. #20734
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Karma is a ...
    chameleon.

  15. #20735
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    I tried "the lazy lumberjack" once, but the splinters have prevented a revisit.
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  16. #20736
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I tried "the lazy lumberjack" once, but the splinters have prevented a revisit.
    Yikes.

    Man, I haven't flown in awhile. I forgot how easy the Asheville airport is compared to most others.

  17. #20737
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yikes.

    Man, I haven't flown in awhile. I forgot how easy the Asheville airport is compared to most others.
    Yeah, The TSA workers stay bored I'm sure. Never a line.

  18. #20738
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Favorite airport, everyone?

    I can name my least favorite without hesitation..

  19. #20739
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Favorite airport, everyone?

    I can name my least favorite without hesitation..
    Burlington, Vermont. Gates are A and B. Or were fifteen years ago.

  20. #20740
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Favorite airport, everyone?

    I can name my least favorite without hesitation..
    Least favorite has to be Atlanta...

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •