Page 1036 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3653693698610261034103510361037103810461086113615362036 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,720 of 67238
    I haven't watched the Winter Olympics sińce Apollo Ohno in 2002.

Instead, I guess I'm heading outside to cut down the faded liriope.

I hope I don't hurt the liriope's feelngs but it looks so terrible, it's asking for it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Signs of life from the Commodores...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Went to a Harvard hockey game tonight and decided mere attendance at a Harvard sporting event was not quite pretentious enough, so, I wore my Oxford University sweatshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Went to a Harvard hockey game tonight and decided mere attendance at a Harvard sporting event was not quite pretentious enough, so, I wore my Oxford University sweatshirt.

Huzzah!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I haven't watched the Winter Olympics sińce Apollo Ohno in 2002.
    That dude was awesome.

The main board is so much more pleasant after a good win.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The main board is so much more pleasant after a good win.
    Funny that.

And we wonder why other fan bases see us as an entitled group?

I would have been discouraged if a win, on the road, against a higher ranked conference opponent who hadn't lost at home all season, while we were missing our top talent was met with anything other than excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Funny that.

And we wonder why other fan bases see us as an entitled group?

I would have been discouraged if a win, on the road, against a higher ranked conference opponent who hadn't lost at home all season, while we were missing our top talent was met with anything other than excitement.
    You would think.

Yet, an eleven point win at GT was lambasted because we didn’t win by twenty.

Tough crowd.

Picked up food poisoning Saturday night and didn't get much sleep. Meant to watch the game yesterday but ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Here's to keeping down food today!

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Picked up food poisoning Saturday night and didn't get much sleep. Meant to watch the game yesterday but ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Here's to keeping down food today!
    Ugh, no fun. Hydrate and rest, all you can do is wait for it to run its course.

It's by country, of course. First down is the female slider. At the bottom, as she crosses the finish line, she hits a target which opens the gate for the male slider who is sitting ready at the top. He hits the button and the 2 man sled goes. (Alas, the 2 woman sled is not included.) Fastest combined time wins, one chance. Nobody missed hitting the target while I was watching but the announcers said it has happened. Target hitting techniques were varied and fun to watch. I loved this so much, I started looking into maybe going to Lake Placid the next time they have a World Cup event. I think I would actually sit in the cold and watch crazy people throw themselves down an icy tube.
    So now I'm wondering - do they have skeleton relay? Really curious how they would hit the target for that.

Ohhhhhh man, that is some serious bad news. Please feel better soon!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So now I'm wondering - do they have skeleton relay? Really curious how they would hit the target for that.
    They do not. Hitting the target would be problematic, plus there's no doubles skeleton event.

They do not. Hitting the target would be problematic, plus there's no doubles skeleton event.
    But the creativity of hitting the target would be so much fun to watch. Heel kicks would be about it, I think. Or a lower foam target and headbutts.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ugh, no fun. Hydrate and rest, all you can do is wait for it to run its course.
    Pun intended?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Pun intended?
    LOL, no. Good catch though!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ohhhhhh man, that is some serious bad news. Please feel better soon!
    X2, it has been years since I've dealt with it. I don't envy your situation.

Be safe. I had food poisoning once and I lost 12 pounds in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Be safe. I had food poisoning once and I lost 12 pounds in a week.
    This was my second time facing food poisoning. I was a senior in college the first time and it was the most miserable 24 hours of my life. Wasn't as intense this time around, but lasted about 36 hours. Things seem to be looking up now.