Page 1036 of 2857 FirstFirst ... 3653693698610261034103510361037103810461086113615362036 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,720 of 57126
  1. #20701
    I haven't watched the Winter Olympics sińce Apollo Ohno in 2002.

  2. #20702
    Instead, I guess I'm heading outside to cut down the faded liriope.

    I hope I don't hurt the liriope's feelngs but it looks so terrible, it's asking for it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  3. #20703
    Signs of life from the Commodores...

  4. #20704
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Went to a Harvard hockey game tonight and decided mere attendance at a Harvard sporting event was not quite pretentious enough, so, I wore my Oxford University sweatshirt.

  5. #20705
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Went to a Harvard hockey game tonight and decided mere attendance at a Harvard sporting event was not quite pretentious enough, so, I wore my Oxford University sweatshirt.

    Huzzah!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  6. #20706
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I haven't watched the Winter Olympics sińce Apollo Ohno in 2002.
    That dude was awesome.

  7. #20707
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    The main board is so much more pleasant after a good win.
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  8. #20708
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The main board is so much more pleasant after a good win.
    Funny that.

    And we wonder why other fan bases see us as an entitled group?

    I would have been discouraged if a win, on the road, against a higher ranked conference opponent who hadn't lost at home all season, while we were missing our top talent was met with anything other than excitement.

  9. #20709
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Funny that.

    And we wonder why other fan bases see us as an entitled group?

    I would have been discouraged if a win, on the road, against a higher ranked conference opponent who hadn't lost at home all season, while we were missing our top talent was met with anything other than excitement.
    You would think.

    Yet, an eleven point win at GT was lambasted because we didn’t win by twenty.

    Tough crowd.
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  10. #20710
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Picked up food poisoning Saturday night and didn't get much sleep. Meant to watch the game yesterday but ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Here's to keeping down food today!

  11. #20711
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Picked up food poisoning Saturday night and didn't get much sleep. Meant to watch the game yesterday but ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Here's to keeping down food today!
    Ugh, no fun. Hydrate and rest, all you can do is wait for it to run its course.
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  12. #20712
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's by country, of course. First down is the female slider. At the bottom, as she crosses the finish line, she hits a target which opens the gate for the male slider who is sitting ready at the top. He hits the button and the 2 man sled goes. (Alas, the 2 woman sled is not included.) Fastest combined time wins, one chance. Nobody missed hitting the target while I was watching but the announcers said it has happened. Target hitting techniques were varied and fun to watch. I loved this so much, I started looking into maybe going to Lake Placid the next time they have a World Cup event. I think I would actually sit in the cold and watch crazy people throw themselves down an icy tube.
    So now I'm wondering - do they have skeleton relay? Really curious how they would hit the target for that.

  13. #20713
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Picked up food poisoning Saturday night and didn't get much sleep. Meant to watch the game yesterday but ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Here's to keeping down food today!
    Ohhhhhh man, that is some serious bad news. Please feel better soon!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  14. #20714
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So now I'm wondering - do they have skeleton relay? Really curious how they would hit the target for that.
    They do not. Hitting the target would be problematic, plus there's no doubles skeleton event.

  15. #20715
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    They do not. Hitting the target would be problematic, plus there's no doubles skeleton event.
    But the creativity of hitting the target would be so much fun to watch. Heel kicks would be about it, I think. Or a lower foam target and headbutts.

  16. #20716
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ugh, no fun. Hydrate and rest, all you can do is wait for it to run its course.
    Pun intended?

  17. #20717
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Pun intended?
    LOL, no. Good catch though!
    “Bob says run! Bob says run! Bob says run!”

    {good pick-up after handoff}

    “Bob was right! Bob was right! Bob was right!”

  18. #20718
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ohhhhhh man, that is some serious bad news. Please feel better soon!
    X2, it has been years since I've dealt with it. I don't envy your situation.

  19. #20719
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Picked up food poisoning Saturday night and didn't get much sleep. Meant to watch the game yesterday but ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Here's to keeping down food today!
    Be safe. I had food poisoning once and I lost 12 pounds in a week.

  20. #20720
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Be safe. I had food poisoning once and I lost 12 pounds in a week.
    This was my second time facing food poisoning. I was a senior in college the first time and it was the most miserable 24 hours of my life. Wasn't as intense this time around, but lasted about 36 hours. Things seem to be looking up now.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •