Page 1035 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3553593598510251033103410351036103710451085113515352035 ... LastLast
Results 20,681 to 20,700 of 67238
    So how 'bout a fitness thread, for discussion of goals, progress, encouragement, frustration, advice, etc.? Seems like there's easily critical mass for that.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    So how 'bout a fitness thread, for discussion of goals, progress, encouragement, frustration, advice, etc.? Seems like there's easily critical mass for that.
    I vote yes.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I thought with this statement y'all would have taken up a "Send YBT to the Final Four collection" already.
    I was really hoping this would get more traction.

Happy card company holiday #1 of the year.

I was really hoping this would get more traction.
    I'll chip in with the stipulation that, if Duke is there and my brother manages tickets and treats me, we get together for a beer/glass of wine/soft drink.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'll chip in with the stipulation that, if Duke is there and my brother manages tickets and treats me, we get together for a beer/glass of wine/soft drink.

Deal and I drink all of the above...

Just for the record -- my post on another thread about wanting to smack Jeffrey was an inside joke about drummers. In case anyone was wondering.

As was comparing Ringo Starr to Woodrow Wilson.

Gotta be careful around here these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Just for the record -- my post on another thread about wanting to smack Jeffrey was an inside joke about drummers. In case anyone was wondering.

As was comparing Ringo Starr to Woodrow Wilson.

Gotta be careful around here these days.
    Definitely a heightened level of sensitivity these days. I suspect it will die down when we start winning banners next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Definitely a heightened level of sensitivity these days. I suspect it will die down when we start winning banners next month.
    From your keyboard to God's inbox.

From your keyboard to God's inbox.
    Sever busy?

Sever busy?
    Need to reboot every once in awhile.

Need to reboot every once in awhile.
    I've found that is also true in marriage! Coinkydink!?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I continue to be amazed at how consistently I have typos.

I continue to be amazed at how consistently I have typos.
    Lots of folks today can't function without autocorrect or red squiggly lines. Acronyms and slang have taken over the universe. No one values words anymore.

Lots of folks today can't function without autocorrect or red squiggly lines. Acronyms and slang have taken over the universe. No one values words anymore.
    I have a nephew that texts in full sentences. I found it interesting that the 5 part text didn't always arrive in order - in fact, arriving in order was the exception.

Whatev.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I am an Olympics junkie.

How? How did I miss the team luge relay that debuted in Sochi? Thank goodness I found it this time around. Once every 4 years is really not enough. I need to find more team luge coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I am an Olympics junkie.

How? How did I miss the team luge relay that debuted in Sochi? Thank goodness I found it this time around. Once every 4 years is really not enough. I need to find more team luge coverage.
    How does it work? Just the 2nd leg of the relay start the second the first hits the finish line? If so, I at least saw a replay of the gold medal team.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    How does it work? Just the 2nd leg of the relay start the second the first hits the finish line? If so, I at least saw a replay of the gold medal team.
    It's by country, of course. First down is the female slider. At the bottom, as she crosses the finish line, she hits a target which opens the gate for the male slider who is sitting ready at the top. He hits the button and the 2 man sled goes. (Alas, the 2 woman sled is not included.) Fastest combined time wins, one chance. Nobody missed hitting the target while I was watching but the announcers said it has happened. Target hitting techniques were varied and fun to watch. I loved this so much, I started looking into maybe going to Lake Placid the next time they have a World Cup event. I think I would actually sit in the cold and watch crazy people throw themselves down an icy tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    It's by country, of course. First down is the female slider. At the bottom, as she crosses the finish line, she hits a target which opens the gate for the male slider who is sitting ready at the top. He hits the button and the 2 man sled goes. (Alas, the 2 woman sled is not included.) Fastest combined time wins, one chance. Nobody missed hitting the target while I was watching but the announcers said it has happened. Target hitting techniques were varied and fun to watch. I loved this so much, I started looking into maybe going to Lake Placid the next time they have a World Cup event. I think I would actually sit in the cold and watch crazy people throw themselves down an icy tube.
    I'm going to have to see if a replay is available online. Sounds like fun viewing.