Page 1032 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 3253293298210221030103110321033103410421082113215322032 ... LastLast
Results 20,621 to 20,640 of 67238
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    The good personal news was earlier in the week. This less favorable news was one of those reminders that time is precious.
    I'm sorry you had to be reminded of this fact the hard way.

Shot out to Jeb who spent church service time clearing and salting entryways from our predicted "dusting" of snow this morning. I don't think 2 inches is a dusting. And a secret scraper cleared my car for me.

MrsPK made chili for the game, may have to break down and have a chili dog. Probably haven’t had a hot dog since the Fourth of July. Somewhat trepidatious though.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And a secret scraper cleared my car for me.

They must have known what was special about February 4th.

Angry

Justin Timberlake just SO stole my dance moves.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Justin Timberlake
    Who is he?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Shot out to Jeb who spent church service time clearing and salting entryways from our predicted "dusting" of snow this morning. I don't think 2 inches is a dusting. And a secret scraper cleared my car for me.
    That should be shout, not shot. Should not post from my phone.

They must have known what was special about February 4th.

It was nice to watch how everyone at church kept an eye out to be sure that all generations made it safely to their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Justin Timberlake just SO stole my dance moves.
    Also ruined my (imaginary) prop bet on the obligatory Prince cover. Thought "Let's Go Crazy" was in the bag.

Absolutely horrified it was "I Would Die 4 U". I wouldn't have picked it if you gave me 25 guesses. It was just morbid.

TOO SOON!!
    "Quality is not an option!"

My personal divestment-from-football project took a big step forward last night. For all of my life, I've watched the Super Bowl with some crew of friends, gorged myself on FOOTBAW FOOD, and engaged in the typical commercial commentary, dissection of the halftime show, etc. The time when I "least watched" the Super Bowl was my freshman year at Duke, when I had it on the TV while I wallowed in bed with the flu.
    But last night, I just...didn't watch the Super Bowl. None of my friends had parties and I had no inclination to deal with hosting one. We all spend enough time together that we didn't feel like we needed the occasion as an excuse. My wife and I got Indian takeout and watched nerdy nature documentaries in preparation for this summer's National Park adventure. I didn't check the score, nobody texted me, and then I saw this morning that the Eagles won.
    Let me be clear: I'm not trying to be all "Hmm, I enjoyed a nice evening of Beethoven and chianti instead" snobby, but it was freeing to not engage with something I find increasingly culturally toxic, and I don't feel a shred of FOMO even now. I think I will continue to not watch the Super Bowl.

Unless the Lions make the Super Bowl and then all will have to watch to see me on tv. I might have to sell a kidney to get there but...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I wasn't quite at the having a nice chianti and listening to Beethoven stage either, but, I did go to a Sunday matinee of Shakespeare in Love (there's a stage play of the movie now, great fun) followed by a "let's fix what's wrong with Boston theater scene" talk session with friends at the local Caffe Nero. I got home in the middle of the second quarter, checked the score then did other things. My husband and youngest son watched some. They were both pretty much glued to the TV for the 4th Quarter and I went up to watch with them. I saw the Patriots last touchdown but just wasn't interested in watching anymore although I did (mostly) want the Patriots to win. I told them to come get me if it was still exciting with 2 minutes to go. They did. I watched until the end, so, sum it all up and I probably watched about 8 minutes of the thing. I've gone for over 5 years now without watching an entire NFL football game. I find the sport monumentally boring most of the time and when the current Patriots dynasty is over, I won't care at all anymore. Although I'll probably always watch a couple of minutes of the Super Bowl cause I'll still want to know who wins. Three of my four sons do not watch any football. The youngest likes the Super Bowl when the Patriots are in it. He's in middle school, I think they all talk about the Patriots at lunch. It will be interesting to see what happens cause I think the NFL is losing fans in droves, especially younger ones.

Revenge (even if just because someone really, really, really peeved you off, and made nasty comments) is indeed a dish that is best consumed cold.

Oh, how delicious.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Revenge (even if just because someone really, really, really peeved you off, and made nasty comments) is indeed a dish that is best consumed cold.

Oh, how delicious.
    Not forum comments and forum revenge, I hope?

I have been admittedly short tempered with some posters who have been shall we say "pessimists" of late. I need to recalibrate my internet anger meter.

I have learned my lesson, not another word about anyone else’s mango compote.

Lol, never you two sweet men. Gentlemen to the core.
    No, not here on the old message board either. Just one of those life moments where you congratulate yourself on being better than an over-reacting nincompoop.

Peoplekind is a word?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Peoplekind is a word?
    Is Bud Light a beer?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Is Bud Light a beer?
    No, but the Bud Knight is kinda cool.

And the hits just keep coming...