Page 1008 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 85089089589981006100710081009101010181058110815082008 ... LastLast
Results 20,141 to 20,160 of 67385
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    OK, I went and looked up what was going on at the Georgia Dome on Monday at 7:30am.

I'll ask those of you around here who know the building, as I do not - should I be sad?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    OK, I went and looked up what was going on at the Georgia Dome on Monday at 7:30am.

I'll ask those of you around here who know the building, as I do not - should I be sad?
    Aesthetically? No.

Greed-induced obsolescence of a perfectly fine facility because it does not have enough luxury boxes? Yes.

I’ve seen the Peach Bowl a few times there (Duke v. Johnny Football, FSU V. Gamecocks), The Stones, U2, Falcons games, and other events there. ACC Tourney in 2001 too IIRC, maybe some NCAA tourney games (it all gets somewhat hazy). Olympic basketball. Hate to see it go, primarily because it seems unnecessary.

The Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan will be demolished around the 3rd of December. It had a longer shelf life kinda, it has been empty for years. Yes, man has a weird relationship with large building to hold people that dates back millennia.

Does DBR support modern media types these days? Doesn’t look like it, so pretend I inserted an animated gif of Daveed Diggs (Jefferson from “Hamilton”) asking, “What did I miss?”

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Does DBR support modern media types these days? Doesn’t look like it, so pretend I inserted an animated gif of Daveed Diggs (Jefferson from “Hamilton”) asking, “What did I miss?”
    Nothing - we're still talking about PopTarts.

Although - we would all like to go to a DBR wedding. Know anybody that needs to get married?

Cool

I received a summons to post on the LTE.

Not super into Nascar but went to Daytona 500 a few years ago.

Martin Truex, Jr. is very handsome.

Thanks Dale Earnhardt, Jr., you're a pretty cool guy!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I received a summons to post on the LTE.
    Welcome back!

Short work week with Thanksgiving Thursday.

What's everyone's favorite Holiday?

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Short work week with Thanksgiving Thursday.

What's everyone's favorite Holiday?
    Thanksgiving!

Love the concept - get together with friends, family, and loved ones, eat a big meal, and be thankful for what you have.

No awkward and compulsory gift giving, no religious imagery to fight over... Simple.

Thanksgiving. Nothing close.

Fourth of July for me. Nice weather and grilled food. Hard to beat.

The Winter Solstice.

I'm not actually joking. We have Winter Solstice party every year. It's an open house and we only have dessert. OK, we also have a fruit plate and some cheese and crackers, but everything else is dessert. I bake 5 or 6 myself. The invitation always reads "Yes, you may bring a dessert. No, you don't have to." People who don't bring dessert tend to bring bottles of wine.

You are all welcome to come. The party is on December 22nd this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    My wife has offered to buy me seats on the 50 yard line for some special event they are holding at the Georgia Dome this coming Monday morning at 7:30.

She must love me a lot!
    Don't.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Aesthetically? No.

Greed-induced obsolescence of a perfectly fine facility because it does not have enough luxury boxes? Yes.

I’ve seen the Peach Bowl a few times there (Duke v. Johnny Football, FSU V. Gamecocks), The Stones, U2, Falcons games, and other events there. ACC Tourney in 2001 too IIRC, maybe some NCAA tourney games (it all gets somewhat hazy). Olympic basketball. Hate to see it go, primarily because it seems unnecessary.
    Even.

Get.

I moved to Georgia in 1988. Hard to believe that I am on my third Stadium for the Braves, and third Stadium for the Falcons.

Make sure to live Facebook stream the event, and let me friend you before the big day! Should be a blast!
    Me.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Monday seems like an odd day for that event. I would have thought it would be done on a weekend.
    Started.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Don't.

Even.

Get.

Me.

Started.
    You missed your opportunity to make this into 5 posts to help get the LTE to 20K.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You missed your opportunity to make this into 5 posts to help get the LTE to 20K.
    I'm just glad we got a homecoming visit from An Original!!

(I still don't know if I should be sad, but I feel wilson's pain.)

I'm just glad we got a homecoming visit from An Original!!

(I still don't know if I should be sad, but I feel wilson's pain.)
    I would go with sad - I just see $$$$$$ going up in dust.

I decided I must have been one of the few that attended Chiefs games to watch the game instead of wandering around and doing other stuff. When they did major remodeling of the stadium, our seats more than doubled in price. I did not renew. At least they didn't totally replace the stadium.

Thanksgiving. Nothing close.

Me, too. The glory of gravy and dressing...and I think the Stove Top Stuffing pants are fab!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

My oldest 2 sons are down visiting their grandparents in Durham for Thanksgiving. They will both be in Cameron tonight!