Page 1002 of 3362 FirstFirst ... 25029029529921000100110021003100410121052110215022002 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,040 of 67238
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I dislike short days and getting up before sunrise.
    As a knitter, I have some mixed emotions about winter. I mean, who is going to wear all my lovely woolen creations in the summertime? Wool/cashmere blend mittens? To die for!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    As a knitter, I have some mixed emotions about winter. I mean, who is going to wear all my lovely woolen creations in the summertime? Wool/cashmere blend mittens? To die for!
    Will trade sweater for an extra few pounds of mashed potatoes. Just sayin’

Friday morning sales meeting cancelled!!!!

Time to celebrate.

Cancelled or Canceled...which do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Will trade sweater for an extra few pounds of mashed potatoes. Just sayin’
    Didn't know it was an either/or thing. I mean, I've often worn a sweater to Thanksgiving Dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

Time to celebrate.

I tend to double down on my L's. But I am a traditionalist.

Didn't know it was an either/or thing. I mean, I've often worn a sweater to Thanksgiving Dinner.
    And thus part of the dilemma this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

Time to celebrate.

I go for the double L. More aesthetically pleasing.

One of the few plus sides to winter is that I read a considerable amount more.

ll.

Two spaces after a period.

Oxford comma.

Always.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    ll.

Two spaces after a period.

Oxford comma.

Always.
    Oxford comma.

Yes, always.

However, when it comes to the second space, there are some fonts where it really isn't needed. Also, on the rare occasions when I tweet, I sometimes need that second space for other more pressing thoughts or to keep my tweet grammatically correct. And when it come to grammar, I will sacrifice a convention made necessary by the typewriter before I will sacrifice actual grammar.

Oxford comma.

Yes, always.

However, when it comes to the second space, there are some fonts where it really isn't needed. Also, on the rare occasions when I tweet, I sometimes need that second space for other more pressing thoughts or to keep my tweet grammatically correct. And when it come to grammar, I will sacrifice a convention made necessary by the typewriter before I will sacrifice actual grammar.
    Grammarians of the world, unite!

As the son-in-law of an English professor and a lover of letters in general, I am frequently dismayed by the blatant lack of attention paid to such things in modern society.

My fat thumbs and misguided autocorrect expose me to critique when "writing" on my phone, but the complete lingual disarray I witness on a daily basis gives me heartburn.

As to the goal, if we reach 20,000 posts before Dec. 20th - great - but I will view the project as a success if we get to 20,000 on the day. I don't know if that changes the calculations any. I could do the math myself but . . .

As to the goal, if we reach 20,000 posts before Dec. 20th - great - but I will view the project as a success if we get to 20,000 on the day. I don't know if that changes the calculations any. I could do the math myself but . . .
    Math is a really cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Oh, I know. I majored in it. Statistics is my day job. I'm just lazy.

Well, and 12/20 is my mother's birthday, so...

so over this day.

And now the looming holidays begin to creep upon the calendar...

That's all I gots today.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Are we all staying up to change our clocks together? Or just watch them change themselves? What is the proper beverage for the occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Are we all staying up to change our clocks together? Or just watch them change themselves? What is the proper beverage for the occasion?
    I sent out a reminder to my employees about the time change only to be reminded that everyone just uses their phones, which will automatically change time.

Oh how times change.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    ...Or just watch them change themselves? What is the proper beverage for the occasion?
    Good party idea. That is, if I was young enough to stay up that late. Warm cocoa might be apropos.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Nothing on the 5th. We may need to pick up the pace. But then again, maybe not.