Page 1943 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 94314431843189319331941194219431944194519531993204324432943 ... LastLast
Results 38,841 to 38,860 of 67395
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Lol, throwing shade at the rest of us!
    Oh no. You guys always ask good questions. I finally did as well!

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Let's play a game! Change the bolded word, and only the bolded word, to describe your profession.
    I'll go first.

I gotta go make something out of an enormous pile of not that useful adolescents.

Sorry I didn't play along.

Sorry I didn't play along.
    Would your answer have been "...ClemmonsDevil posts"?

Hot tip: if the person selling you a house says "hey, do you want us to toss these forty broken two foot squares of marble - they might be useful for an art project" say YES PLEASE. You will be cranky eleven years later when you finally get around to getting rid of them and they are heavy as sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Hot tip: if the person selling you a house says "hey, do you want us to toss these forty broken two foot squares of marble - they might be useful for an art project" say YES PLEASE. You will be cranky eleven years later when you finally get around to getting rid of them and they are heavy as sin.
    Yes, definitely make the seller get rid of their junk.

Yes, definitely make the seller get rid of their junk.
    Add that to the list of things learned from first time buying a house. Along with "never use a dual agent."

Post it on Nextdoor and let the taker do the lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Post it on Nextdoor and let the taker do the lifting.
    Ha. Too late. It's been hefted into a dumpster.

If someone came to take it for free, they would take three and be like "nah, I'm good."

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Fair enough. But you have kinda confirmed that private entities will never be able to collect good data for public health research use purposes. There are some things that only the government can do.
    Confirmed. The lawsuits would be never ending.

Add that to the list of things learned from first time buying a house. Along with "never use a dual agent."
    Also on the list: don't buy a house from a friend.

Maybe I should start a blog.

Along with "never use a dual agent."
    Dual agent just sounds bad.

Dual agent just sounds bad.
    Saves both parties money! What a great idea!

...not that useful adolescents.
    Apropos of this, we've reached the portion of the school year where I find myself increasingly inclined to ask things like, "Are you that f&*%ing stupid, or do you think I am that f&*%ing stupid?

Nota bene: I of course do not say things like this to my students, but darned if middle schoolers don't perennially make one want to simply ask, "WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU??!"

Apropos of this, we've reached the portion of the school year where I find myself increasingly inclined to ask things like, "Are you that f&*%ing stupid, or do you think I am that f&*%ing stupid?

Nota bene: I of course do not say things like this to my students, but darned if middle schoolers don't perennially make one want to simply ask, "WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU??!"
    Anyone who teaches middle school is a strong candidate for sainthood in my opinion.

I think I responded incorrectly to my favorite person today. I got a call from that wonderful person - Scam Likely. I've been answering them due to signing up for somethings that may result in a call I don't want to miss. They wanted to know if I was interested in selling my house. I'm not really interested but I should have probably asked how much before I said no. For the right price, I could be tempted but it would need to be a really good price.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I think I responded incorrectly to my favorite person today. I got a call from that wonderful person - Scam Likely. I've been answering them due to signing up for somethings that may result in a call I don't want to miss. They wanted to know if I was interested in selling my house. I'm not really interested but I should have probably asked how much before I said no. For the right price, I could be tempted but it would need to be a really good price.
    I always tell them $6 million cash, firm. Then I don't get any of those calls for about 6 months. Then I recommence telling them "$6 million cash, firm" for another week or so, and then I don't get any of those calls for about 6 months. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Dunno what prices are in Kansas, but here in Asheville the housing market is insane.

Dunno what prices are in Kansas, but here in Asheville the housing market is insane.
    Here in the Triangle, we are constantly getting calls and mail asking to sell. Houses do not stay on the market long at all. My parents' first house, bought in 1962 for $16,000. 1330 sf, 1/3 acre lot. Recently sold for $216,000. Bostondevil can attest to how crazy this is.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Here in the Triangle, we are constantly getting calls and mail asking to sell. Houses do not stay on the market long at all. My parents' first house, bought in 1962 for $16,000. 1330 sf, 1/3 acre lot. Recently sold for $216,000. Bostondevil can attest to how crazy this is.
    Same down here in the Atlanta area...our appraised value is up around 60% since we bought 7 years ago.

Same down here in the Atlanta area...our appraised value is up around 60% since we bought 7 years ago.
    Our Zillow value is twice what we paid with no improvements to speak of.