Page 3070 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 2070257029703020306030683069307030713072308031203170 ... LastLast
Results 61,381 to 61,400 of 67660
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    let's go outside and prepare for Septic Man tomorrow...do a wee bit of digging to show him the spot...hope my measurements are correct!
    Can you put Turdzilla out in your lawn and be like, that tank just belched this thing up! The last one grew legs and ran away so we might be dealing with some sort of Pacific Rim poop thing here.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Can you put Turdzilla out in your lawn and be like, that tank just belched this thing up! The last one grew legs and ran away so we might be dealing with some sort of Pacific Rim poop thing here.
    I absolutely don't want to scare Septic Man away, big plans tomorrow as he puts the coveted extender on the top of the tank to obviate the need for future digging. One look at Turdzilla and this guy would flee.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    that is one profoundly ugly name...I can't imagine having to fill that out on forms, time after time...
    I grew around there and I honestly have no idea what town you are referring to. Hint, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I grew around there and I honestly have no idea what town you are referring to. Hint, please?
    it was our man jk who initiated this and I made the assumption he was talking about Fuquay-Varina but I may be totally off base. The name has always sounded more like a medical syndrome than a town.

it was our man jk who initiated this and I made the assumption he was talking about Fuquay-Varina but I may be totally off base. The name has always sounded more like a medical syndrome than a town.
    Ah, I get it. I never thought of it like that before, because when you say it, you don't necessarily know how it's spelled. It's the print version that makes 12 year-olds giggle, whereas with Regina, it's the spoken version.

I believe we lost our second cat in a month last night. Quick yelp followed by a scuffle we heard through the window. Probably a coyote.

I know it is just a cat, but jeez I'm sad and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I believe we lost our second cat in a month last night. Quick yelp followed by a scuffle we heard through the window. Probably a coyote.

that's not good. The town we've lived in for 35 years is well known as town in which you can't have an outdoor car, too many fishers and coyotes. We warned a new neighbor about this a few summers ago, she said she'd give it a try anyway, and he cat lasted one night. It's tough out there, because we don't like losing our pets...sorry to hear about your loss...

that's not good. The town we've lived in for 35 years is well known as town in which you can't have an outdoor car, too many fishers and coyotes. We warned a new neighbor about this a few summers ago, she said she'd give it a try anyway, and he cat lasted one night. It's tough out there, because we don't like losing our pets...sorry to hear about your loss...
    I know it's "just a cat," but for a household with no kids, losing 2 cats in a few weeks feels brutal.

I know it's "just a cat," but for a household with no kids, losing 2 cats in a few weeks feels brutal.
    I can relate, lost two dogs in a short period of time was not nice at all...

No need to say “just a cat.” They’re valuable and loved members of the household. I’m so sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    No need to say “just a cat.” They’re valuable and loved members of the household. I’m so sorry.
    Thanks

I'm so sorry that you have lost two family members in such a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm so sorry that you have lost two family members in such a short amount of time.
    Yes, sorry to hear this. It's tough to lose a furry family member, let alone two.

Sorry Mountain. That's tough.

My condolences Mtn.Devil on the passing of your two feline family members.

I've lived in NC for over 20 summers and have never seen a venomous anything...until tonight. I'm thinking I had a baby copperhead try to strike twice as I went for a walk just after dusk. I didn't see it until it was too late, but I was pretty far outside its strike range. It was only 6-8 inches long and was sitting on the curb on the street. I know prime baby snake season runs with prime hurricane season. The snake was left alone for those more concerned with its welfare than mine.

Thoughts? Is it too early to have to worry about this in my neighborhood?

Sending you my condolences. Cookie, the oldest of my three guinea pigs turns 5 this summer, maybe she already is. Guinea pigs live 5-7 years on average. I know we're on the downside of her lifespan and I'm going to take it hard when she goes. Evie will be 5 in the fall. Pumpkin is only 2.

Distinct yellowish haze in the air during morning walk along the river.
    Lots of Canadian smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    Distinct yellowish haze in the air during morning walk along the river.
    Lots of Canadian smoke.
    We’re down in Philly and it’s unpleasant here, too.

I’m used to this out West but pretty amazing how far that smoke can travel from these big fires.

it's amazing how far the smoke travels, and it's worse in a lot of those Midlantic places than it is here, though we are geographically much much closer to the firest. And it is smoky here...