Page 2517 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 15172017241724672507251525162517251825192527256726173017 ... LastLast
Results 50,321 to 50,340 of 67370
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    They undoubtedly took the mantle of "astonishingly talented and fun to watch team who lost to Duke in the tournament" from UNLV.
    I thought 91 UNLV and Duke 99 were better. But those are the 3 greatest non-winners of my lifetime I think (also UNC 84...so modern era). But Duke and UNLV did win titles with those players. Just not in those specific seasons. I would also say all 3 are better than 2015 UK which was undefeated going into the Final 4. In my lifetime Michigan probably had the greatest 2 or 3 year run without winning the title

Michigan did win it in 89 but not with those players. So they played in three title games in five years with a completely new group of players. No one in the modern era has done anything like that.

I liked the Georgetown teams of the mid-80s.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I liked the Georgetown teams of the mid-80s.
    LOVED watching them.

The 83 FF had 2 legitimately great teams. Like all-time talent. Just neither of them won.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I rarely post on the main board anymore. If I want to talk hoops I tend to go over to Deeber where no one talks down to you if your opinion differs.
    yeah, it's become insufferable with all the self appointed experts.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, it's become insufferable with all the self appointed experts.
    I like Kedsy's information. To me the advanced stats help me order and organize what I saw. And sometimes it corrects things I felt but which weren't actually true. So I like that stuff. Otherwise, the only post-game analysis I want to hear is Coach K in the post-game. I'm uninterested in how people think minutes should have been dispersed and how Duke should have aligned the defense. They don't know. I don't know, and I grew up in a household which actually game planned this stuff. I scouted other high school basketball teams but I can't tell you what Duke should be doing. That ain't my job. I also think people have the tendency to discount that the other team has recruited players as well. K said something after the Florida State game that was so good that I wish people thought about more. He said Duke noticed that the starters were missing for Florida State and went for the knockout punch. But that Florida state did not participate in their own demise. They executed. It's absolutely correct. The other team is participating as well and on the basketball side people have a tendency to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Most Duke fans disliked the Fab Five, which I don't quite understand, as they never beat Duke...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ory?id=6224395

Maybe this is why?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I don't much care what teams we beat have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I like Kedsy's information. To me the advanced stats help me order and organize what I saw. And sometimes it corrects things I felt but which weren't actually true. So I like that stuff. Otherwise, the only post-game analysis I want to hear is Coach K in the post-game. I'm uninterested in how people think minutes should have been dispersed and how Duke should have aligned the defense. They don't know. I don't know, and I grew up in a household which actually game planned this stuff. I scouted other high school basketball teams but I can't tell you what Duke should be doing. That ain't my job. I also think people have the tendency to discount that the other team has recruited players as well. K said something after the Florida State game that was so good that I wish people thought about more. He said Duke noticed that the starters were missing for Florida State and went for the knockout punch. But that Florida state did not participate in their own demise. They executed. It's absolutely correct. The other team is participating as well and on the basketball side people have a tendency to forget that.
    I don't mind the info at all. As OPK suggested, it's the constant talking down to others that gets tedious.

I get that. And I also want you to post more on here cuz you're one of the people whose info I like reading on the basketball side. You are one of the reasons I've read this site before I started posting. So I want you to post over here more. Please. If you have ever heard the in-depth explanation Jalen Rose gives for that it's pretty fantastic. It's also pretty understandable for a teenage boy whose father was an NBA player but who had no relationship with his son. While Grant had Calvin. No wonder Jalen didn't like him, but it was misplaced.

I don't mind the info at all. As OPK suggested, it's the constant talking down to others that gets tedious.
    No one operates with more swagger and self-confidence than a mediocre white guy. And I say that with all of the cocksure attitude of a mediocre white guy.

Yeah, there was a pretty pointed cultural and socioeconomic angle to the fab five versus Duke teams of the early 90s. There are plenty of documentaries detailing the ins and outs. It is what it is, welcome to the world, but some of the individual comments about Duke players like Grant were a bit much.

Ancient history at this point for everyone but Jalen Rose. Turd.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, there was a pretty pointed cultural and socioeconomic angle to the fab five versus Duke teams of the early 90s. There are plenty of documentaries detailing the ins and outs. It is what it is, welcome to the world, but some of the individual comments about Duke players like Grant were a bit much.

Ancient history at this point for everyone but Jalen Rose. Turd.
    He was my favorite! He was just wrong about this. He has since said he was wrong and espoused love for Grant. And who doesn't love Grant? Future President Grant Hill.

You literally never know what's going to go down on the LTE.

President's Day...good day to pause and reflect on Vermont's two powerhouse Presidents.

President's Day...good day to pause and reflect on Vermont's two powerhouse Presidents.
    I knew about Ethan Allen, but I didn't know President Franklin grew up there as well.

Chester and Calvin sound like the name of twins who were granted atomic wedgies on a daily basis by the assistant linebacker football coach in middle school while the team stood around and thought, “this is what it means to be a man”.

I knew about Ethan Allen, but I didn't know President Franklin grew up there as well.
    few know that Franklin invented maple syrup among his other achievements. Ethan Allen, of course, invented furniture.

No one operates with more swagger and self-confidence than a mediocre white guy. And I say that with all of the cocksure attitude of a mediocre white guy.
    But I’m still pretty fly for my demographic.