Page 1514 of 3407 FirstFirst ... 51410141414146415041512151315141515151615241564161420142514 ... LastLast
Results 30,261 to 30,280 of 68128
  1. #30261
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Y’know that feeling when you think “crap, I gotta go to bed,” and then remember that it’s Friday night and you don’t?

    I’ve done that about three times since dinner.

  2. #30262
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    So, I'm curious what is the perceived insult?

    That even a slow connection(yes, there are 3g installs in habited but remote places) won't prevent posting of beer reviews?
    No, I just missed the connection. All good here.

  3. #30263
    I had a much longer reply that I deleted, but in a nutshell, the concern over post counts is distracting to a dozen people and I regret I may have contributed to that in the past.

    Continuing the driving discussion from earlier, my recommendation: as I was taught in driver's ed, pass and pass decisvely in the normal course of your driving and don't look back. There won't be any bruised egos or if there are I would suggest that those egos might need to re-evaluate life. There isn't anyone on this board that's going to be chasing someone down like the big rig in Duel (yes, more driving refernces and the Dennis Weaver character is interesting in that film.). And then we can rename this thread(with help from the mods) as was suggested a couple dozen pages ago. It will all be fine!

  4. #30264
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I had a much longer reply that I deleted, but in a nutshell, the concern over post counts is distracting to a dozen people and I regret I may have contributed to that in the past.

    Continuing the driving discussion from earlier, my recommendation: as I was taught in driver's ed, pass and pass decisvely in the normal course of your driving and don't look back. There won't be any bruised egos or if there are I would suggest that those egos might need to re-evaluate life. There isn't anyone on this board that's going to be chasing someone down like the big rig in Duel (yes, more driving refernces and the Dennis Weaver character is interesting in that film.). And then we can rename this thread(with help from the mods) as was suggested a couple dozen pages ago. It will all be fine!
    Never saw Duel, but looking it up it has Dennis Weaver and is directed by Spielberg. Worth watching?

  5. #30265
    I need to figure out how to watch The Great British Baking Show when I don't have Netflix.

  6. #30266
    I don't care if 2019 was a down year for Miami, I like watching Duke football beat them.

  7. #30267
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    [sigh} cat woke me up, having trouble falling back to sleep.

    Long day tomorrow — er, later today.

    {sigh}

  8. #30268
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I don't care if 2019 was a down year for Miami, I like watching Duke football beat them.
    I just miss 2019.

  9. #30269
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I just miss 2019.
    2020 is a down year for the universe

  10. #30270
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    2020 is a down year for the universe
    “Zero stars — would not recommend.”

  11. #30271
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    2020 should be turned into code for all the wankery things we can't say around here.

    Man, I really 2020ed that!

    What the 2020!?!

  12. #30272
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    2020 should be turned into code for all the wankery things we can't say around here.

    Man, I really 2020ed that!

    What the 2020!?!
    I wholly endorse this idea.

    If hindsight is 2020, it is pretty wankery.

  13. #30273
    Sometimes is not always

  14. #30274
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Never saw Duel, but looking it up it has Dennis Weaver and is directed by Spielberg. Worth watching?
    Not the best ever but worth a watch! You start to see a few of the techniques that Spielberg used later on.

  15. #30275
    You folks are THIS CLOSE to having to change the thread title. You’d better get with it. I’m trying to help you. 😉

  16. #30276
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I've been watching Community on Netflix. So funny!

  17. #30277
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    You folks are THIS CLOSE to having to change the thread title. You’d better get with it. I’m trying to help you. 😉
    I think we've all figured out that we can't compete with beer, especially during a pandemic.

  18. #30278
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I've been watching Community on Netflix. So funny!
    Community was a quarantine rewatch for us. Very layered jokes. Great cast.

  19. #30279
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Community was a quarantine rewatch for us. Very layered jokes. Great cast.
    It's a quarantine new watch for me. Was this a network show? If so, I completely missed it.

  20. #30280
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Never saw Duel, but looking it up it has Dennis Weaver and is directed by Spielberg. Worth watching?
    Not bad for what it is, a made for TV movie. And relatively short at about 90 minutes. So, nothing to plan around but worth it if you have the time. Weaver’s character can be a bit frustrating at moments but that is how the suspense is built.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-25-2019, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •