Page 346 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 2462963363443453463473483563964468461346 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    To get away from the fish puns ...

I need gift ideas. One of my best girlfriends lives in Columbus, OH and works at Ohio State. I need Christmas gift ideas for what to get her.

She likes to cook- got her a personalized apron one year.

She loves Sephora- got her a brush set one year. (For the guys, Sephora is an awesome cosmetics/fragrance/skincare store. A brush set refers to makeup brushes & case. There. Now you know.)

She loves Coach. Got her a Coach iPod case one year (love those outlets!).

She has a 1 yr old golden retriever.

She travels a lot.

Thoughts? I'd like to keep it under $50... under $40 would be great.

TIA.
    Get her one of those Brighton charm bracelets. Since you're in California, you can purchase the California charm bracelet. It has a Hollywood star, a SoCal Palm Tree, a 49er cart of gold, a cable car, the GG Bridge, a bottle of wine, and a California-shaped charm with golden poppies on it. Retails for $48 at your local California Brighton store.

Every time your friend looks at it, she'll think of you and the warm weather you're enjoying.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Wow, take a night off to produce another play reading and it goes wild! That's perfectly OK with me. I ended up reading the part of 'Mom' last night, complete with Donna Reed style dress, pearls, and heels. Too bad you all missed it. I looked fabulous (and freezing). Anything for my craft.

The next post is #6666. I don't want to touch that one. Part of the axis of evil.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In between projects at the moment. Wasn't there a Bob Hope movie about a trip to Morocco?
    Yes, a few pages ago I referred to the journey to 5,000 as the Road to Morocco, alluding to the fact that devildeac and I were on this road together... much different than the Mongolian journey.

Bing & Hope: what a buddy movie!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    The next post is #6666. I don't want to touch that one. Part of the axis of evil.
    OK, I'll take the bullet. Let's rephrase in terms of Mario Lemieux and his clone...

EDIT: Ah, I goofed on the thread list - it was 6,666 replies

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    OK, I'll take the bullet. Let's rephrase in terms of Mario Lemieux and his clone...

EDIT: Ah, I goofed on the thread list - it was 6,666 replies
    That's okay. I grabbed the honor.

Bostondevil had the honor of post #666.

Goodness gracious, how did this keep going for 6000 posts?

Inigo Montoya: Let me 'splain.
    [pause]

Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry' Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I kill Count Rugen.
    Westley: That doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying.

On to 7000!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    On to 7000!
    On to 5000!

Oh my goodness. I can't even imagine getting to 500.

In my opinion, the secret to a great sandwich is a lot of thinly sliced meat rather than a little bit of thickly sliced meat. It also helps if someone else makes the sandwich for you.

I think it depends upon the meat being used...if you have a meatloaf sandwich I think you are better off with a thicker slice of meatloaf.

Meatloaf isn't meat you say?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    In my opinion, the secret to a great sandwich is a lot of thinly sliced meat rather than a little bit of thickly sliced meat. It also helps if someone else makes the sandwich for you.
    To me, no matter the thickness of the meat, the secret to a great sandwich is if someone else makes it, period.

Hmmm, with 10 days to go, we need 824 posts to reach 7500. Well, we still have half of today and as long as we are at 7500 before midnight on the Dec. 20th, it counts, so not quite 82 posts a day, but close. I have not been pulling my own weight. I think 7000 is a given, 7500 may be a bit far.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I think it depends upon the meat being used...if you have a meatloaf sandwich I think you are better off with a thicker slice of meatloaf.

Meatloaf isn't meat you say?
    Meatloaf is a musician. You can call him meat if you are well acquainted.

Meatloaf is also a meat like substance. Don't get me wrong, a good meatloaf sandwich is extraordinary. With a thick slice of loaf.

I watched Monday's episode of The Big Bang Theory last night and discovered I have the same mug as Penny. And, I've had that mug for almost 5 years.

I've also seen a basket I have in Charmed, and a similar sweater (same design, different color) I have in Monk.

Have you seen anything you have on a TV program? Jersey's at sporting events don't count, that's way too easy.

In the Drew Carey Show, Drew sometimes had a Dilbert stuffed doll in his cube at work. I'm a huge Dilbert fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Meatloaf is a musician. You can call him meat if you are well acquainted.
    I once read an article in the New York Times that referred to him as Mr. Loaf.

I'm going to try and help out with getting the LTE numbers higher. Okay, so I have a rotten cold and 22 patients to see today. Blahhhhhhh. I don't like working when I'm a slug. My hands are like sandpaper from all the washing.

I'm done whining. Now on to pleasant topics: this weekend is my annual cookie baking weekend. Ymmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I'm going to try and help out with getting the LTE numbers higher. Okay, so I have a rotten cold and 22 patients to see today. Blahhhhhhh. I don't like working when I'm a slug. My hands are like sandpaper from all the washing.

I'm done whining. Now on to pleasant topics: this weekend is my annual cookie baking weekend. Ymmmmmmm
    Care to share your recipes in the recipe thread?