Page 1384 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 3848841284133413741382138313841385138613941434148418842384 ... LastLast
Results 27,661 to 27,680 of 67371
    Beautiful morning here. Should go walk on the river before it gets hot, but not feeling the motivation yet.

Watching a family of squirrels work their way from tree to tree in line, sipping coffee as the sun comes up. Ahhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My neighbors were lucky today. Had a near head on collision with a strung out addict. Lucky to live. Makes you appreciative for things.

My wife and I had a similar experience almost fifteen years ago.
    Glad they were able to avoid the head-on collision.

Any other big crossword fans here? Should I start an "Mmmmm crosswords" thread?

Dismantled 6 alarms before I found the one chirping in the middle of the night with a low battery. Not sure if it was my sleep addled brain or an amplifying effect from the hallway that made it sound like any bedroom could have the chirper...frustrating

Nice cool morning though. Bird feeders filled. Feeling much more zen.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Dismantled 6 alarms before I found the one chirping in the middle of the night with a low battery. Not sure if it was my sleep addled brain or an amplifying effect from the hallway that made it sound like any bedroom could have the chirper...frustrating

Nice cool morning though. Bird feeders filled. Feeling much more zen.
    I go through this too often. If they are hooked up on a circuit, they may chirp together on occasion.

A good friend from undergrad religously did the Chronicle (New York Times version I think) every day. My mom does the crossword and the sudoku daily.

Me on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Release order or machete order?
    Sigh, release order. I will try and sway the order during viewings.

A good friend from undergrad religously did the Chronicle (New York Times version I think) every day. My mom does the crossword and the sudoku daily.

Me on the other hand...
    The wife and I are avid crossword puzzlers. Many volumes of NY Times, LA Times, Chicago Tribune puzzles. I distinctly remember when we had been dating just a few weeks and she correctly answered (and spelled) "Hammarskjold" in a puzzle. I swooned.

Sigh, release order. I will try and sway the order during viewings.
    I know machete order is outdated, just really meant a modified viewing order that enhances the story line.

I do the WSJ one on occasion.

I used to get Games Magazine as a kid, they had “The World’s Most Ornery Crossword Puzzle” each month with a set of easy clues and a set of difficult clues. The editor, Will Shortz, has been the NYT editor for about 15 years or so now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I do the WSJ one on occasion.

I used to get Games Magazine as a kid, they had “The World’s Most Ornery Crossword Puzzle” each month with a set of easy clues and a set of difficult clues. The editor, Will Shortz, has been the NYT editor for about 15 years or so now.
    He's a rather fascinating character. Went to UVA law school, but never took the bar because he wanted to make puzzles.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Fan, yes. Big fan? I would say no. I do them but not every day. I think of crosswords as a great way to find useful Scrabble words. I only play Scrabble online these days though. But I've been chain playing with on or more Duke grad friends (a couple of them I "met" here) for going on 10 years now.

That should say one* or more.

Right now though, it's just one.

The hubby is getting on a plane this afternoon and flying down to DC so he can meet with people at the University of Maryland on Tuesday morning. Some decisions must be made regarding the construction of the buildings where his labs will be and he has to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The hubby is getting on a plane this afternoon and flying down to DC so he can meet with people at the University of Maryland on Tuesday morning. Some decisions must be made regarding the construction of the buildings where his labs will be and he has to be there.
    I will be interested to hear about his experience on an airplane

"Hmm..., Crosswords"?

I do the LA Times one (in the Wa Post) most days. I really don't like doing it online, thought - feels too much like cheating. Gimme pen and paper.

-jk

These are not the droids you’re looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    "Hmm..., Crosswords"?

I do the LA Times one (in the Wa Post) most days. I really don't like doing it online, thought - feels too much like cheating. Gimme pen and paper.

-jk
    I've tried online and apps, and I agree, I need the tactile experience.

I grew up in a crossword family.

Old school...