Page 1379 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 3798791279132913691377137813791380138113891429147918792379 ... LastLast
Results 27,561 to 27,580 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Winner.
    Winner, chicken dinner?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The Drewsk is in the house! He got home from Maryland around 10pm last night.
    T Bone and The Drewsk?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Eggnog scone this morning. (Plus, I licked the bowl from the cake I baked - somethings you just never outgrow.)
    Raw eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Raw eggs?
    I have been eating cake batter, cookie dough, etc, my whole life and have never gotten sick from the raw eggs. Even if I got sick this weekend from raw dough, I'd say that's still pretty good odds - and do it again.

As a side note, I found a copy of Ben and Jerry's ice cream cookbook a couple of years ago at a yard sale. From 1987. NONE of the recipes say cook the custard first. And there are no notes explaining why, which is interesting since they explain almost everything else they do. Wondering if I should take a chance with the raw eggs recipe? Maybe try it once raw, once cooked, see if there is a difference. If no difference, I will cook.

But cake batter? Nah!

With all the junk tossing, weezie, when does the junk accumulation occur?
    When I am not looking! DOOIIIIY!

My husband is a ninja crap collector. He is every bit my match in this eternal battle. The Forces Of Sweet Righteous Organization vs. The Questionable Decisions That Inevitably Lead
    To The Dump.

Seriously!!

Yet somehow, we have made it work for a very, very, very long time. But only because orange is not my color. And, if I kill him, I would then be forced to clean up the mess.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    T Bone and The Drewsk?
    Indeed, T-Bone and The Drewsk. Comedy team? Cop show?

Raw eggs?
    Yes - only egg whites in this particular recipe. Now I need to figure out what to do with 6 egg yolks.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I have been eating cake batter, cookie dough, etc, my whole life and have never gotten sick from the raw eggs. Even if I got sick this weekend from raw dough, I'd say that's still pretty good odds - and do it again.

As a side note, I found a copy of Ben and Jerry's ice cream cookbook a couple of years ago at a yard sale. From 1987. NONE of the recipes say cook the custard first. And there are no notes explaining why, which is interesting since they explain almost everything else they do. Wondering if I should take a chance with the raw eggs recipe? Maybe try it once raw, once cooked, see if there is a difference. If no difference, I will cook.

But cake batter? Nah!
    I figure all the batter/dough eaten over the year has helped my immunities.

Not sure on the ice cream. However, every Christmas, people seem to enjoy my homemade eggnog - raw egg yolks. Does beating the crap out of them help?

Eggnog scone this morning. (Plus, I licked the bowl from the cake I baked - somethings you just never outgrow.)

Niece Elizabeth and Nephew Michael are driving down for the weekend. Just found out they are bringing a bonus - Great Niece Gracie. On the agenda for the weekend - I'm picking up wedding cake samples for a cake tasting. Niece Elizabeth is also going to try on her mother's wedding dress - that should be interesting.
    I always allow myself one (or maybe two) licks of the bowl when I bake. Well, the spoon, I don't like the bowl, I lick the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I have been eating cake batter, cookie dough, etc, my whole life and have never gotten sick from the raw eggs.

But cake batter? Nah!
    Let there be no doubt, the LTE walks on the wild side...

Indeed, T-Bone and The Drewsk. Comedy team? Cop show?
    A cop comedy?

Not sure on the ice cream. However, every Christmas, people seem to enjoy my homemade eggnog - raw egg yolks. Does beating the crap out of them help?
    Hmm, cowering those germs into submission.

A cop comedy?
    Sure, works for me.

Getting ready to have a zoom gathering with some old fraternity brothers, some of whom I have not seen for 35 years (“hanging out on the Phi Kap bench”). This whole COVID thing has sucked, but it has forced some social interactions That many of us would not otherwise do.

So, always look on the bright side of life . . . .

Getting ready to have a zoom gathering with some old fraternity brothers, some of whom I have not seen for 35 years (“hanging out on the Phi Kap bench”). This whole COVID thing has sucked, but it has forced some social interactions That many of us would not otherwise do.

So, always look on the bright side of life . . . .

Movie night tonight. Someone else is picking. I wonder what it will be?

Movie night tonight. Someone else is picking. I wonder what it will be?
    You will have to let us knoww!

Glad someone got it!

Glad someone got it!
    I just never really got into MP when I was younger.

We are going to have a family Clue battle tonight.