Page 948 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 448848898938946947948949950958998104814481948 ... LastLast
Results 18,941 to 18,960 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I could never Air BnB. I have too many pets...
    Lots are pet friendly and it's easy to search them that way, FYI.

BD, I'm watching the Ladies' Finals tonight, and Gracie Gold looks like she no longer finds any joy in skating. I was sad watching her. I hope she finds her happy place.

So . . . Anyone have something positive for the good of the troops? Need to stay off the main board for a few days.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71, esq View Post
    BD, I'm watching the Ladies' Finals tonight, and Gracie Gold looks like she no longer finds any joy in skating. I was sad watching her. I hope she finds her happy place.
    I forgot they were this weekend! I had a show. I missed it all!

The 5th/6th grade team I coach lost in our city tournament semi-final last night. Always hard to watch the kids end the season on a loss.

Is anyone else really disappointed in the general tone of the boards lately? I don't just mean today after a tough loss, but for the last 18 months or so?

Feels there's a ton more infighting and accusations among our community about what real fans do and don't do, and how we all ought to feel about certain things.

It is sorta sucking the fun out of it for me. I miss watching games and hoping we do well. Seems this site used to add to my enjoyment, and now it detracts from it.

Or maybe this is just yet another negative post.

I rely on Frank Costanza's coping mechanism, Serenity now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is anyone else really disappointed in the general tone of the boards lately? I don't just mean today after a tough loss, but for the last 18 months or so?

Feels there's a ton more infighting and accusations among our community about what real fans do and don't do, and how we all ought to feel about certain things.

It is sorta sucking the fun out of it for me. I miss watching games and hoping we do well. Seems this site used to add to my enjoyment, and now it detracts from it.

Or maybe this is just yet another negative post.
    It seems that everything these days is testier, more strident, and less tolerant than normal. We've all turned it up as a society to eleven.

Everyone needs to just take a deep breath and chill. Not just here, but everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It seems that everything these days is testier, more strident, and less tolerant than normal. We've all turned it up as a society to eleven.

Everyone needs to just take a deep breath and chill. Not just here, but everywhere.
    Tensions are high, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Tensions are high, my friends.
    Yup, with little chance of abatement.

I can't even go on Facebook anymore. Great googly moogly. You would think the election is next week, not two months ago.

(Not saying folks' feelings aren't important -- just that the raw nerves on both sides are as exposed and "in your face" as ever)

Yup, with little chance of abatement.

I can't even go on Facebook anymore. Great googly moogly. You would think the election is next week, not two months ago.

(Not saying folks' feelings aren't important -- just that the raw nerves on both sides are as exposed and "in your face" as ever)
    I stick with what I have been saying for a while now - we have lost the art of compromise. There seems to be no attempt to find middle ground between sides. Everything is either "the sky is falling" or "everything is rosy". Nothing is as good as some think/expect nor as dire or bad as others think/expect.

Regarding being a fan - I think it is important to stay on the side of being disappointed for the team but not in them. No matter what fans think, they are not going out to try to lose. (This is even true for my Steelers on Sunday. )

...I can't even go on Facebook anymore. Great googly moogly...
    Now, this makes me look like a savant since I never once logged into the Facebook. Tried to set something up once but lost interest and never actually did it. By my count, thousands of people have begged me, on a near daily basis, to be their pal.

That's some serious "hard to get" cred, right there, that is...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I usually stay on the Off Topic board the days following a loss.

It helps me cope.

I made the mistake of going on FB last night without realizing the time. Found out the outcome of the game and then debated whether to watch it or not. Did watch and kept wondering what we were going to do to lose it.

Benefit on going on FB - chimed in on a thread about whether my brother should get a kangaroo for the ranch. My niece caretakes the place and she wants one. So life isn't entirely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I usually stay on the Off Topic board the days following a loss.

It helps me cope.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I made the mistake of going on FB last night without realizing the time. Found out the outcome of the game and then debated whether to watch it or not. Did watch and kept wondering what we were going to do to lose it.

Benefit on going on FB - chimed in on a thread about whether my brother should get a kangaroo for the ranch. My niece caretakes the place and she wants one. So life isn't entirely boring.
    (Secret) communication with (anonymous) mod last PM:

dd: "Can I get a technical/be put 'on holiday' for what I'm thinking?"
    mod: Yes.
    dd: "Ruh-roh. I'm in deep, deep trouble then."
    mod:
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    (Secret) communication with (anonymous) mod last PM:

dd: "Can I get a technical/be put 'on holiday' for what I'm thinking?"
    mod: Yes.
    dd: "Ruh-roh. I'm in deep, deep trouble then."
    mod:
    Yeah - I could be on a really long holiday for things I've thought in chat during a game and reading post game "analysis" (aka doom & gloom).

Speaking of "on holiday", whatever happened to aswewere the Coach P tractor offense bashing poster? He/she/it isn't on the community member listing anymore. I really want to know what he/she/it think about this season's team.

Just saw Vandy give away a game by giving up 7 pts in the last 48 seconds. SMH, what more can go wrong?

SMH, what more can go wrong?
    Really? You had to ask the question? Really?

Well, after being on the road for the last 4 days, I was awakened at 2 AM by the sound of a cat throwing up. So, there is that.

Well, after being on the road for the last 4 days, I was awakened at 2 AM by the sound of a cat throwing up. So, there is that.
    Aww... s/he missed you. Or was offering you commentary regarding Monday night's game.