Page 1605 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 60511051505155515951603160416051606160716151655170521052605 ... LastLast
Results 32,081 to 32,100 of 67404
    It looks like Epsilon will be here in a day or two. It will hit hurricane force right over Bermuda.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    My new vacuum is significantly lighter than what it replaced so from that aspect it is a piece of cake to use. The downside is that on the more used portions of carpet, it doesn't do a very good job of lifting up the pile to at least make the carpet look clean and less worn. Most heavier vacuums I've owned do that part well. This new one does seem like it is doing a better job of picking stuff up. But the dust cup it captures the pet hair and dust in is significantly smaller than the last two vacuums I've owned.
    I've gone with the Miele, upright, great on labrador hair of which there is always an abundance here. They even have a Dog and Cat model, though I think that's just marketing, the unit just below that in price does a fabulous job.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I've gone with the Miele, upright, great on labrador hair of which there is always an abundance here. They even have a Dog and Cat model, though I think that's just marketing, the unit just below that in price does a fabulous job.
    I'll admit to being a Consumer Reports price optimizer when it comes to vacuum cleaners. I ended up with a stick vacuum this go around.

Wow, the interesting thing about social media is the ability to string info from across multiple platforms to get a more complete view of a person.

Wow, the interesting thing about social media is the ability to string info from across multiple platforms to get a more complete view of a person.
    So, there's a difference between my LinkedIn and my Grindr pages?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    C'mon - I think I'm rather consistent across the platforms!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So, there's a difference between my LinkedIn and my Grindr pages?
    Not if your business is pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Not if your business is pleasure.
    You must spread comments around...

I'll admit to being a Consumer Reports price optimizer when it comes to vacuum cleaners. I ended up with a stick vacuum this go around.
    I do the same...does it have a bag? I've concluded that having a bag is worth the hassle...

Meanwhile we have a 155mm howitzer firing off rounds near us every 20 minutes or so, the house is shaking...

I do the same...does it have a bag? I've concluded that having a bag is worth the hassle...

Meanwhile we have a 155mm howitzer firing off rounds near us every 20 minutes or so, the house is shaking...
    It does not. I wanted to minimize the need for replacement parts.

I had a lot of fun one summer at Fort Sill with 155s.

It does not. I wanted to minimize the need for replacement parts.

I had a lot of fun one summer at Fort Sill with 155s.
    They do BOOM really, really well.

An additional criteria was that it needed to be capable of replacing the 3 current vacuums I have. One for the floor runners, another for the stairs, and the main one for the carpets that just died. The carpet pile issue is the downside to optimizing to that issue.
    Last edited by YmoBeThere; 10-19-2020 at 03:50 PM.

An additional criteria was that it needed to be capable of replacing the 3 current vacuums I have. One for the floor runners, another for the stairs, and the main one for the carpets that just died. The carpet pile issue is the downside to optimizing to that issue.
    I hear ya. I got a Eureka Easy Clean for the stairs, very effective, it's a hand held unit..

Lifetime is starting 24/7 holiday movies this Friday. On October 23. That's preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Lifetime is starting 24/7 holiday movies this Friday. On October 23. That's preposterous.
    I share your outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I went into Lowe’s in September and the first thing I saw was Christmas decorations. The Fall decor was off to the side. It was 80+ degrees, humid, my butt was sweaty from the car ride and no leaves were yet changing. It is insanity and must be stopped.

For the stores, they want to get their numbers in before shutdowns hit again.

Lifetime has never needed an excuse!

-jk

And on to TOH Season 34

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I went into Lowe’s in September and the first thing I saw was Christmas decorations. The Fall decor was off to the side. It was 80+ degrees, humid, my butt was sweaty from the car ride and no leaves were yet changing. It is insanity and must be stopped.

My decision to not go inside retail establishments looks better and better...

It looks like Epsilon will be here in a day or two. It will hit hurricane force right over Bermuda.
    And there it is. Unfortunately for Bermuda, it appears to be going nowhere soon.