Page 251 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1512012412492502512522532613013517511251 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 67370

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Briefly changing the subject, let's not forget that Ymo is reading a part in a play tomorrow night and should get some encouragement from us as he prepares for this new undertaking. Let's go Ymo-clap-clap/clap-clap-clap!
    Yes, but this is interfering with our plans for a three-poster draft into 1,000 posts of Billybreen. We have to do this before the election, you know.

Originally, I had hoped it was a four-poster draft, but EJ is sitting in the sin bin. Upon his return, the four car draft will be flying!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yesterday wasn't too bad here. However, the rain and cooler weather is showing up today.
    It's getting darn chilly here too. Yesterday's high was a blustery 50 or so (and of course the "blustery" part makes it feel a lot colder, especially to us wimpy Atlantans), with today's high about the same, though not so blustery. We dipped perilously close to the freezing mark last night...I finally had to break down and close the window.
    On the other hand, it's great fire pit weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Yes, but this is interfering with our plans for a three-poster draft into 1,000 posts of Billybreen. We have to do this before the election, you know.

Originally, I had hoped it was a four-poster draft, but EJ is sitting in the sin bin. Upon his return, the four car draft will be flying!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    EJ is banned. Thus he apparently will not be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Not necessarily so...bans can be temporary (as with EarlJam's previous punishment). Perhaps you have more information confirming that he in fact will not be back, but all hope is not lost.

R.I.P. EarlJam/Bacon
    May 1997 - Oct. 2008

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Is this permanent or merely a time-out? If permanent, what the heck did he do? I can't remember him ever doing anything that would bring about a permanent ban.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    R.I.P. EarlJam/Bacon
    May 1997 - Oct. 2008
    I'll be wearing black to honor our friend EarlJam tomorrow.

Apparently it is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I'll be wearing black to honor our friend EarlJam tomorrow.

Apparently it is permanent.
    Seriously??!?!!!

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Not necessarily so...bans can be temporary (as with EarlJam's previous punishment). Perhaps you have more information confirming that he in fact will not be back, but all hope is not lost.
    Not yet - pending; we don't know if it's permanent or not quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Better let Ymo know the plan so he can temper his new career.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    R.I.P. EarlJam/Bacon
    May 1997 - Oct. 2008
    R.I.P. indeed. This is bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Is this permanent or merely a time-out? If permanent, what the heck did he do? I can't remember him ever doing anything that would bring about a permanent ban.
    JBDuke or -jk, one of those two mods, posted yesterday that it was for Thread Spamming. Apparently EJ's meds weren't working () and he laid down about 8 threads in less than 2 hours, none of which had much, if any, merit. He had been warned about it repeatedly, too. I'm just recalling as much about the mods reason as I can from memory. The duration of the ban was not discussed. (the comment about the meds above is my own editorializing) My posting is meant to be as neutral as possible as we have been cautioned in the past about discussing bans on the boards, so I just tried to relay the moderator's comments.

JBDuke or -jk, one of those two mods, posted yesterday that it was for Thread Spamming. Apparently EJ's meds weren't working () and he laid down about 8 threads in less than 2 hours, none of which had much, if any, merit.
    He does have a habit of doing that but some of them can be rather entertaining and, personally, I think the entertainment factor should be taken into account as the OT board can sometimes be good for mindless fun (this LTE is a prime example of that).

as we have been cautioned in the past about discussing bans on the boards
    Since it is a very public incident I don't see why we aren't permitted to discuss it. Gotta love censorship. Oh well, we can always discuss it via PM if we so choose.

EarlJam

I can't really comment on the alleged banning of the Earl. There are unknown unknowns . . .

I do hope it's not permanent.

Saturday night in Durham I had fried okra at Bullock's with some hand pulled spicy BBQ. Yeeee-ha! You can't get fried okra in CT unless you make it yourself. Why doesn't Bullock's serve beer?

Fried okra >>> fried green tomatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post

Fried okra >>> fried green tomatoes.
    Yeah, that movie was lousy.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    He does have a habit of doing that but some of them can be rather entertaining and, personally, I think the entertainment factor should be taken into account as the OT board can sometimes be good for mindless fun (this LTE is a prime example of that).

Since it is a very public incident I don't see why we aren't permitted to discuss it. Gotta love censorship. Oh well, we can always discuss it via PM if we so choose.
    The mod's reason was that EJ had been warned repeatedly about Thread Spamming and the posting rules are "stickied" on the EK board for all to read and try to follow. My guess is he violated the rules/warning one too many times (or probably several too many times) and got the smack down for it. You are correct though about the mindless fun, especially on the LTE. (witness the # of posts I have here).

I believe we are allowed to discuss it, but complaints about it and petitions about it are out of line as previously discussed and contemplated with his prior ban.

Bottom line, this is Boswell's and Julio's "living room" and the mods are keeping the joint in order so the vast majority of us can enjoy their hospitality, hopefully for another decade or more.

Bottom line, this is Boswell's and Julio's "living room" and the mods are keeping the joint in order so the vast majority of us can enjoy their hospitality, hopefully for another decade or more.
    I think that is what a lot of us are having problems with. A vast majority did enjoy the hospitality EarlJam brought. I'm sure EJ has his detractors, just like there are people who don't like devildeac (can't imagine who they are) and there are people who don't like Tilly (I know who you are). But, we still all get along and drink our virtual beers here in this virtual pub.

I think that is what a lot of us are having problems with. A vast majority did enjoy the hospitality EarlJam brought. I'm sure EJ has his detractors, just like there are people who don't like devildeac (can't imagine who they are) and there are people who don't like Tilly (I know who you are). But, we still all get along and drink our virtual beers here in this virtual pub.
    It sounds like it was the volume of successive threads in such a short period of time with questionable subjects/content that got him bounced. I think we have a LOOONNGG leash here as manifest by our recent discussions about bras, scrapple and garish attire, but if any one of us were to start a series of threads about bizarre/outlandish/suggestive material with little relevant/redeeming value, we would also be sitting, facing the corner on our short-legged stool contemplating our future posting ability. I did not see any of the threads and don't want to know the titles/subjects but I'll trust the mods on this one. I've read enough of their explanations/reasons in the past (on the boards, not personally-I'm not THAT bad a poster. Well, maybe I am, but I know how to stay out of trouble a great majority of the time) to suspect what transpired. I like EJ, too, and find him entertaining most of the time, but I have looked at several of his subjects/threads and thought the hammer would be coming down rather quickly but was quite surprised that some of them remained on the boards.

But just like any real pub - you want a place where you celebrate the regulars while welcoming the newcomers. If all the regulars are standing in front of the door (thread spam) then noone else can get in and they will leave instead of waiting - which hurts business and the creation of more regulars.