Page 2558 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 15582058245825082548255625572558255925602568260826583058 ... LastLast
Results 51,141 to 51,160 of 67404
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    How was your first day back at work?
    Yes. How was it?

Two games to watch tomorrow evening.

Thanks for asking.

Was just some onboarding and a staff meeting. I'll be 40 hours starting Monday.

But it was great! There's an office dog (don't you dare tell my home dogs), the people seem affable and passionate, my office has a door.

I'm very excited. I think it's going to be an excellent fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Thanks for asking.

But it was great! There's an office dog (don't you dare tell my home dogs), the people seem affable and passionate, my office has a door.

Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Two games to watch tomorrow evening.
    And they have staggered start times so I'll be able to watch most of both.

Thanks for asking.

Your home dogs will know.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Your home dogs will know.
    He told you not to tell them!

Thanks for asking.

Congrats! Enjoying your job and colleagues is a blessing when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Congrats! Enjoying your job and colleagues is a blessing when it happens.
    I miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    He told you not to tell them!
    Hah! I sometimes have to go to veterinary clinics on my job. When I get home, my dogs think I’m the biggest two-timer in the world. They know, without being told.

Hah! I sometimes have to go to veterinary clinics on my job. When I get home, my dogs think I’m the biggest two-timer in the world. They know, without being told.
    Oh, I know, it was a joke.

My dogs can tell when I stop and pet a dog on my lunch break and come home five hours later.

Hah! I sometimes have to go to veterinary clinics on my job.
    Is your real name Walden Macnair by chance?

I may have stirred the pot a bit too much on the NET thread.

Luis from Sesame Street passed today. My wife knew his son well. They lived together in LA for awhile in the late 80s.

Sad.
    Just saw this, very sad. They did not renew his contract in 2016, when they started messing around with things that did not require it, IMO.

Luis from Sesame Street passed today. My wife knew his son well. They lived together in LA for awhile in the late 80s.

Sad.
    That one hit me pretty hard yesterday. The Sesame Street humans were always just as special to me as were the Muppets, and Luis was a particular favorite.
    I loved reading some of his reminiscences that auditioning for Sesame Street in the early '70s was the first time that he, as a Latino actor, had auditioned for a part that wasn't a criminal or drug addict. More confirmation of my firm belief that in terms of real impact on culture and positive use of the medium of television, Sesame Street is one of the greatest programs of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    That one hit me pretty hard yesterday. The Sesame Street humans were always just as special to me as were the Muppets, and Luis was a particular favorite.
    I loved reading some of his reminiscences that auditioning for Sesame Street in the early '70s was the first time that he, as a Latino actor, had auditioned for a part that wasn't a criminal or drug addict. More confirmation of my firm belief that in terms of real impact on culture and positive use of the medium of television, Sesame Street is one of the greatest programs of all time.
    When I saw this I wondered how you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Agreed. That's why I see the continued inclusion of non-heteronormative characters as important.

I don't have kids so I haven't been dialed in - how has the move to HBO been? Seems very off-brand for their general misson.

I may have stirred the pot a bit too much on the NET thread.

I saw that and I think all of you are correct. It is a measurement tool that has real-world consequences. Also, there ain't nothing you can do about it. So watching it and thinking about it and worrying about it seems asinine to me. I have so many pet peeves about sports, but one of them is that people have the tendency to look for connections even when those connections aren't anything real. People who worry about Duke's seeding and whether or not they have won at a particular number are assuming there is some sort of correlation between the Championships Duke has won and the seed. I think some of them Express that the seed Duke gets has some sort of relationship with how Duke will finish. I don't think that's even remotely possible. How Duke has done at a particular seed is a snapshot of the past and has no provable correlation moving forward. Now if one were to say that the better Duke teams get the higher seed and have more success, well I'm not sure that's a news flash. I look at Ken Pomeroy's site to see how Duke is defensively. I never worry about how Duke is offensively. Having said that, I would also argue that your defensive rank is an average and doesn't mean much on a per-game basis. Sometimes the other team just jumps up and makes shots regardless of how good your defense is.

Thanks for asking.

Did anyone comment about your aftershave?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did anyone comment about your aftershave?
    One of the dogs did. But he doesn't like change.