Page 2557 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 15572057245725072547255525562557255825592567260726573057 ... LastLast
Results 51,121 to 51,140 of 67398
    Marooned in Florida due to looming bombogenesis.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear that.
    Thanks. It was a very dusty meeting room last night with lots of storytelling afterwards...hoping he is able to make it to another event or two with us.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    bombogenesis.
    Is that like those socks turning into shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Thanks. It was a very dusty meeting room last night with lots of storytelling afterwards...hoping he is able to make it to another event or two with us.
    Is it already that advanced? There are some awful maladies in the world, ALS among them.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Is it already that advanced? There are some awful maladies in the world, ALS among them.
    Yeah, he had a lot of doctor's appointments canceled during the pandemic (as well as car club meetings) so we hadn't seen him in over a year. He still gets around and has been okay to drive, etc. but he says that's starting to go away.

Tough night, a friend from the car club told us last night he has been diagnosed with ALS.
    That's horrible!

Tough night, a friend from the car club told us last night he has been diagnosed with ALS.
    I'm so sorry to hear this.

Yeah, he had a lot of doctor's appointments canceled during the pandemic (as well as car club meetings) so we hadn't seen him in over a year. He still gets around and has been okay to drive, etc. but he says that's starting to go away.
    A member of the car club whose ability to drive is slipping away. That is really a bummer. I'm sorry for your whole group, but especially for him.

"Times sure have changed since the days of palming one earbud to surreptitiously listen to ACC Tournament games in class," he said while comfortably watching a (roundly uncomfortable) game on YouTube TV from the comfort of an easy chair in the corner of an empty classroom.

What an unbelievably beautiful college basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What an unbelievably beautiful college basketball game.
    I think it's gross how many Boeheims there are hanging around SU basketball.

I think it's gross how many Boeheims there are hanging around SU basketball.
    I loved Jimmy today. What a gutsy game. That's what you want. Their kids just showed up and placed today. Duke played really well. And Syracuse was just so good today.

I had a @#$%^! online meeting at noon and it did not end until 2:15. I had the Webex meeting on one monitor and the game/meeting agenda on the other, on mute. I had to keep checking to make sure I was muted on the meeting b/c of the expletives that were flying in the office.

I had a @#$%^! online meeting at noon and it did not end until 2:15. I had the Webex meeting on one monitor and the game/meeting agenda on the other, on mute. I had to keep checking to make sure I was muted on the meeting b/c of the expletives that were flying in the office.
    Should have just pretended like your internet went out!

Should have just pretended like your internet went out!
    Unfortunately, not an option. I had to participate in parts of this meeting, which is why I had to keep making sure I was muted when I was watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Marooned in Florida due to looming bombogenesis.
    Sounds like a Shaggy song.

Unfortunately, not an option. I had to participate in parts of this meeting, which is why I had to keep making sure I was muted when I was watching the game.
    Did you at least keep your video off?

Did you at least keep your video off?
    No camera! I use a docking station which does not have a camera. I would have to open my laptop, and when I do that, it messes up my monitors, so I am never on camera. Irks some people, but I love the excuse.

Luis from Sesame Street passed today. My wife knew his son well. They lived together in LA for awhile in the late 80s.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Certain days.

Split remote and in office. Back to the universe of non-profit work!
    How was your first day back at work?