Page 1857 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 85713571757180718471855185618571858185918671907195723572857 ... LastLast
Results 37,121 to 37,140 of 67371
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I have signed up for a virtual 5k that I need to complete sometime today. Can't decide whether to stay local or drive to a new town. Laziness may very well win out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Pounding the pavement and pounding out pushups. I am increasing to 500 6 days a week starting today. Sunday is usually one of 2 off days, so cutting that down to 1. I have also been cutting down the time between sets to 15 minutes from 20.
    Get out of here with that nonsense. Who does 150,000 push-ups a year, honestly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Since you are a relatively recent addition to our merry little band, perhaps I have not sufficiently bragged about running the Boston Marathon 5 times. Although, to be fair, I have one DNF, 2012 - the hottest Boston Marathon on record. I can only do 20 miles when the temp hovers around 98F.

That said, I am not particularly good at distance running. I don't let that stop me but I ain't fast. However, when it comes to exercise, I prefer running - you don't really need any equipment, just proper clothing, including the right pair of running shoes - which are, by far, the biggest expense. Running is cheap and easy.
    I am absolutely jealous of this. My hatred for running is based upon it kicking my a*@.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Get out of here with that nonsense. Who does 150,000 push-ups a year, honestly!
    I recognize that 10,000 in the last 4 weeks is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Whitewater or flat water paddling? I haven't in years, but I loved going down rivers in western NC.

-jk
    Usually flat water, although I enjoy whitewater too. I have plenty of flat water options nearby, but have to plan a trip to whitewater.

We have some of those neighbors, too, which is nice. One of them has a 4x4 with a plow and they do the cul-de-sac's. We always get them a six-pack or a gift card and they say we don't have to do it but we really appreciate it.
    As we do as well. Our neighborhood is fabulous...three years ago we had about 150 pine trees (70+ feet in length) drop in our yard with thirty some across our driveway, complete and utter disaster.
    Without making a single phone call, neighbors wandered by one by one, and within a couple hours we had 12 people with five chain saws and two BIG tractors with front loading devices chopping the trees into sections and dumping them into our back woods. It was a marvelous day for us...we subsequently bought all the neighbors boxes of fancy chocolates and bottles of good champagne. (Idiot Neighbor was not among these folks, btw).

six miles of walking with two friends and our dogs followed by the first (outdoor) social event of the season, ice tea on the deck in the 55 degree bright sunshine...it feels like a new day...yard work has been suspended for the day, hopefully some Finnish exchange students can wander by and do some raking...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    six miles of walking with two friends and our dogs followed by the first (outdoor) social event of the season, ice tea on the deck in the 55 degree bright sunshine...it feels like a new day...yard work has been suspended for the day, hopefully some Finnish exchange students can wander by and do some raking...
    Johnny Carson would be very proud of that call back.

Johnny Carson would be very proud of that call back.
    how can one small Nordic country produce such great rakers AND fabulous snow tires? And for a while they ruled the cell phone world, too!

Maybe one of them will be named Leif?

Maybe one of them will be named Leif?
    Ha! ironically he'll need to be named Needle since 95% of your lawn debris is pine needles and wee branches...

Put the bird houses out yesterday. A few curious customers already!

About to go mow again. A full out scalping of the lawn is hard to manage when all you have is the one trash can, so I have to do it incrementally.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    About to go mow again. A full out scalping of the lawn is hard to manage when all you have is the one trash can, so I have to do it incrementally.
    I pay a lawn service so you are not required to listen to me, but I think you should use a lawn mower instead.

how can one small Nordic country produce such great rakers AND fabulous snow tires? And for a while they ruled the cell phone world, too!
    I did not know until just now that Fiskars was Finnish.

I think you should use a lawn mower instead.
    Good advice, reel or rotary? Manual or power? If power, self-propelled? Riding? So many choices!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Good advice, reel or rotary? Manual or power? If power, self-propelled? Riding? So many choices!
    Lawn Service.

Lawn Service.
    I think the other men on the street look down on me for using a lawn service (and a woman-owned one at that) but I really don’t want to buy a zero-turn giant mower and the old John Deere rider we were handed down kept busting on me. So...I’m happy.

I think the other men on the street look down on me for using a lawn service (and a woman-owned one at that) but I really don’t want to buy a zero-turn giant mower and the old John Deere rider we were handed down kept busting on me. So...I’m happy.
    There was a woman-run landscaping business here in Asheville years ago called "Dirty Hoes." I imagine their marketing was pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There was a woman-run landscaping business here in Asheville years ago called "Dirty Hoes." I imagine their marketing was pretty straight forward.
    That’s funny. I don’t know my lady well enough to recommend that.