Page 1897 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 89713971797184718871895189618971898189919071947199723972897 ... LastLast
Results 37,921 to 37,940 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    In my estimation this victory was the most important in Duke history. UNLV is the best team to not win it all. I think if UNLV wins with an undefeated 91 team after winning it all in 90, they are considered the best team of all time.
    Agreed. Instead, we beat the "best team of all time." Therefore...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed. Instead, we beat the "best team of all time." Therefore...
    Bill Walton, is that you?

I think those 91-92 teams have to be in the conversation for greatest of all time. I think Laettner is a top 10 college player ever and I think Hurley is a top 5 point guard ever and Grant Hill might be a top 25 player all time.

rampaged thru Costco today where I was a cereal killer.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    a cereal killer.
    Green Jello has a song for that. It isn't very good, but they have a song for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n-9uq_lyRQ

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    The hubby and I got engaged on April 1st, 1991, the night Duke won it all for the first time. He didn't ask me to marry him, he just told everyone at the watch party that we were going to celebrate Duke's win by getting married. He was across the room from me at the time. Friends thought it was a April Fool's joke. One of them called across the room asking me if we were really getting married or if it was an April Fool's joke. Me: I don't know, Honey, is that an April Fool's joke? Hubby: No. Me: I guess we're getting married.

I believe I've posted that story before but I maintain it's one of the least romantic marriage proposals ever. But effective. We have a poster autographed by the entire '91 team congratulating us. It is not for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    The hubby and I got engaged on April 1st, 1991, the night Duke won it all for the first time. He didn't ask me to marry him, he just told everyone at the watch party that we were going to celebrate Duke's win by getting married. He was across the room from me at the time. Friends thought it was a April Fool's joke. One of them called across the room asking me if we were really getting married or if it was an April Fool's joke. Me: I don't know, Honey, is that an April Fool's joke? Hubby: No. Me: I guess we're getting married.

I believe I've posted that story before but I maintain it's one of the least romantic marriage proposals ever. But effective. We have a poster autographed by the entire '91 team congratulating us. It is not for sale.
    I find it to be romantic. Two wins that night!

I find it to be romantic. Two wins that night!
    Tomorrow marks 30 years since we got engaged and 33 years since our first date. Yes, our first date was on April Fool's Day.

Tomorrow marks 30 years since we got engaged and 33 years since our first date. Yes, our first date was on April Fool's Day.
    Seems like most of the dates in my dating life were on April Fool's. They were not, but they felt like it many times.

we call the first date thing our Meetaversary...appropriate celebration each year!

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Seems like most of the dates in my dating life were on April Fool's. They were not, but they felt like it many times.
    Must spread comments around...

Today marks nine years since my wife and I got engaged. It was the first weekend of my first spring break as a teacher, and we had planned a special weekend of staycation activities in and around Atlanta. I showed up at her door on Saturday morning to pick her up for brunch and surprised her in my tuxedo with an expensive rock to give her. I'm still quite pleased with our series of decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    ...It was the first weekend of my first spring break as a teacher...
    Apropos of this, SPRING BREAK 2K21!!!!!!!! begins on Friday, and boy do I deserve the hell out of that this year.

So you didn't know if he was being straight up on your first date and your wedding date until he showed up.

So you didn't know if he was being straight up on your first date and your wedding date until he showed up.
    Yeah, I'm still not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    we call the first date thing our Meetaversary...appropriate celebration each year!
    But our Meetaversary is November 7th.

Yeah, I'm still not sure.
    Perhaps it's an elaborate ruse and he is still biding his time.

Apropos of this, SPRING BREAK 2K21!!!!!!!! begins on Friday, and boy do I deserve the hell out of that this year.
    Headed to Miami Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Headed to Miami Beach?
    RVing to Fort Myers.

RVing to Fort Myers.
    Not Acapulco? I thought that's where all the teachers were headed.

-jk