Page 1966 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 96614661866191619561964196519661967196819762016206624662966 ... LastLast
Results 39,301 to 39,320 of 67383
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I agree. You and I read studies for a living and we know what the term "evidence" means. And you are obviously better at it than I am.
    I thought you'd take the bait and ask what are my sexist reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I thought you'd take the bait and ask what are my sexist reasons.
    Ok. I will now. What are your sexist reasons?

Doing push ups and watching a pretty interesting webinar.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Doing push ups and watching a pretty interesting webinar.
    Leave your camera on for the people. Give them what they want.

Leave your camera on for the people. Give them what they want.
    Hah! Only the talkers get video. I’m a watcher but I’ll raise my hand and ask, “Can you roll with this swoll?”

The person talking is a negotiator at State so I’m sure she’ll have a very diplomatic response.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Hah! Only the talkers get video. I’m a watcher but I’ll raise my hand and ask, “Can you roll with this swoll?”

The person talking is a negotiator at State so I’m sure she’ll have a very diplomatic response.
    Change it up and ask what their policy is on guns at work.

I used to celebrate by asking people out and about what their favorite Shakespeare play was and then I would quote from it for them, but times have changed. I have decided moving forward to celebrate by committing one of the Sonnets to memory.

So, anybody, pick a number between 1 and 154, and I'll learn that one (I know 18 and 116 already.)
    58 (one of my favorite numbers - Jack Lambert's jersey number - even though he went to a movie and I didn't get to meet my crush.)

eta - added extraneous explanation since 58 was too short to post.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    58 (one of my favorite numbers - Jack Lambert's jersey number - even though he went to a movie and I didn't get to meet my crush.)

eta - added extraneous explanation since 58 was too short to post.
    I was going to say 42, hat tip to Douglas Adams.

Change it up and ask what their policy is on guns at work.
    Specifically double barrels (kisses both biceps then slicks down my eyebrows like a boss).

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Ok. I will now. What are your sexist reasons?
    No friggin way a man, particularly not an Earl, would let someone else take credit for their work for all eternity. Even if they had to keep quiet about during their lifetime for political reasons (which, I mean, once Elizabeth I was dead, those reasons go away), they would have made sure they left evidence for posthumous credit. Nope.

But I'm already in Ohio. Do you think the snow will be gone by the time I get there?
    keep coming! If you can get here by cocktail hour, we are celebrating Holly the Dog's fourth birthday, there WILL be cookies and ice cream and big thick burgers on the grill, snow or no snow.

No friggin way a man, particularly not an Earl, would let someone else take credit for their work for all eternity. Even if they had to keep quiet about during their lifetime for political reasons (which, I mean, once Elizabeth I was dead, those reasons go away), they would have made sure they left evidence for posthumous credit. Nope.
    if you like reading about Elizabeth I, the new Sir Francis Drake book is a real keeper...Liz was something, she really was.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    keep coming! If you can get here by cocktail hour, we are celebrating Holly the Dog's fourth birthday, there WILL be cookies and ice cream and big thick burgers on the grill, snow or no snow.
    Rats - started to worry about the snow so I turned around. Give Holly the Dog a good belly rub from me for her birthday. Feel free to mail me the cookies.

Rats - started to worry about the snow so I turned around. Give Holly the Dog a good belly rub from me for her birthday. Feel free to mail me the cookies.
    I once mailed some maple syrup in a P.O. provided box (local Postmaster told me it worked great) and it opened en route and laid waste to the recipient's mailroom...

I once mailed some maple syrup in a P.O. provided box (local Postmaster told me it worked great) and it opened en route and laid waste to the recipient's mailroom...
    Bet it smelled delightful.

Now THAT is a shame!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I made my initial argument for crunchy years back on these boards, but maybe it merits repeating.

When you smear it between two Nilla wafers, crunchy holds it in when you bite into it. Smooth just squirts right out.
    Who in their right mind would BITE into a Nilla wafer, especially if it has a peanut butter filling?!? Open the mouth and chunk the whole thing in. Nilla wafers are small for a reason. Works for me with either chunky or smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Who in their right mind would BITE into a Nilla wafer, especially if it has a peanut butter filling?!? Open the mouth and chunk the whole thing in. Nilla wafers are small for a reason. Works for me with either chunky or smooth.
    I am in my right mind every time I eat a Nilla/pb sammich cookie. I do not "chunk" the whole thing. I savor each bite. Mmmmmmmm!!!!! May go make a couple right now. Crunchy PB was on sale last week! I stocked up.

It got cold and blowy.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I am in my right mind every time I eat a Nilla/pb sammich cookie. I do not "chunk" the whole thing. I savor each bite. Mmmmmmmm!!!!! May go make a couple right now. Crunchy PB was on sale last week! I stocked up.
    I returned to the same German restaurant last night and ate more sausages and pork rinds.