Page 114 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 14641041121131141151161241642146141114 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 67383
    Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    well, as for relish, I'll go with Tony Packo's
    I'm betting Klinger loved it too.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ever had the southern delicacy called deep fried pickles?
    Oh my gosh, those are the best ever. The Fish Market around here sells them as a side item and I have been known to walk into the restaurant merely to get the fried pickles. That's one of those Southern things where you take an item of food and say, "This item is loaded with sodium, fat, and cholesterol and has no redeeming nutritional value whatsoever. It couldn't possibly be any more unhealthy than it already is... but hey, wait! Wait just a minute!!"

Smith's Olde Bar here in Atlanta (a great bar completely aside from its menu) also has good fried pickles.

The Penguin in Charlotte has fried pickles, among many other fried delicacies. It also has one of the most amazing jukeboxes in the world. California needs Bojangles.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I've read all the posts in this thread -- it's an obsession, just to keep up with it.
    Admitting the problem is often the first step to recovery...

lte

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    I can't stand them either. Wht I really don't get is chocolate-banana muffins (my former roommate used to make them all the time). If you want to make banana-bread or something fine, but why spoil the chocolaty goodness with banana grossness?
    bananas-yumm (but no banana beer)
    plain, fried, fostered, chocolate covered (frozen), puddinged,daquiried,peanut buttered,honeyed,sandwiched,mixed with other fruits (saladed?),liquered,cerealed,oatmealed,juiced(with oranges and/or pineapples). Did I miss any other banana preparations? (pureed in baby food would not be a favorite, however).

plain, fried, fostered, chocolate covered (frozen), puddinged,daquiried,peanut buttered,honeyed,sandwiched,mixed with other fruits (saladed?),liquered,cerealed,oatmealed,juiced(with oranges and/or pineapples). Did I miss any other banana preparations? (pureed in baby food would not be a favorite, however).
    Dehydrated/Dried. Yumm bananas.
    Smoking the peels does not count.

Please tell me that isn't real.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Dehydrated/Dried. Yumm bananas.
    Smoking the peels does not count.
    thanks. also forgot ice creamed (plain) but even better with chocolate/fudge swirls/chunks/chips (a la Chunky Monkey).

lte

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Please tell me that isn't real.
    That's not real (AFAIK). I did not make it up, I was just anticipating someone would suggest or mention that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    California needs Bojangles.
    So does Alabama and what's up with that?? I mean, how can Alabama/Georgia/Mississippi not be the perfect market for Bojangles?

lte

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    So does Alabama and what's up with that?? I mean, how can Alabama/Georgia/Mississippi not be the perfect market for Bojangles?
    because we keep them soooo busy here in NC that they don't have the time or capacity (or chickens) to expand into other markets

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post

Oh, and gophers are infesting my hillside. Arg. I'm tempted to start a thread about how to get rid of the little critters. Although they are kind of cute, I find it amazing that they dare to come out of their holes to eat my foliage when I'm sitting right there (with three dogs), and they don't even care. (There's a 4' wall between the gophers & my dogs, so I'm not endangering my canines). Although I did research gophers, thinking that if they didn't bite, or have rabies or fleas or other diseases, I would just let the dogs over the wall to have a little fun and kill the suckers. ...not to be, possible havoc on the dogs.
    Maybe you should get a really mean dog and let it do the dirty work! We used to have a problem with voles, but the cats have risen to the occasion magnificently.

I hate brazen pest critters like that. We have suburban deer that like to come around at nights and eat my impatiens and sweet potato vine... I mean, no shame at all. They'll cross the road, meander past cars, gaze curiously at barking dogs, graze unhurriedly on my garden like it's a freakin' Golden Corral. I hate those varmints!!

lte

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    Maybe you should get a really mean dog and let it do the dirty work! We used to have a problem with voles, but the cats have risen to the occasion magnificently.

I hate brazen pest critters like that. We have suburban deer that like to come around at nights and eat my impatiens and sweet potato vine... I mean, no shame at all. They'll cross the road, meander past cars, gaze curiously at barking dogs, graze unhurriedly on my garden like it's a freakin' Golden Corral. I hate those varmints!!
    sounds like you need a hunter with a permit in your family

because we keep them soooo busy here in NC that they don't have the time or capacity (or chickens) to expand into other markets
    Hey, I'd totally do the expanding for them! My husband and I have joked (at least, he thinks I'm joking) about opening up a franchise in Birmingham. I would be so proud if my legacy was spreading the greasy joy of Bojangles all across the South!

sounds like you need a hunter with a permit in your family
    Oh, you have no idea how I would love to eat these deer! Unfortunately, we live in a neighborhood and I would feel terrible if I accidentally shot someone in my bloodlust.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

If I ruled the world . . .

I honestly believe it would be a better place. I think I could be a benevolent dictator for about 10 years before the absolute power corrupted me so I'd write some bylaws ahead of time that would kick me out after 10 years.

I'd like to turn it all over to another intelligent, benevolent dictator. Anybody around here want to go next?

I would prefer to be a member of a small, ruling elite cadre, so perhaps a junta to take power after your benevolent dictatorship? Maybe dkbaseball, throaty, indoor66, shammrog, billybreen and myself. Earljam could be court jester.

But BostonDevil, if you need an executive officer, I'd be happy to train at your side.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Earljam could be court jester.
    Well he's getting plenty of practice around here

Thread Question

I know this is an odd question, and I hope it makes sense.

Does anyone know what the most # of views a thread has gotten before receiving its first reply is?