Page 175 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 751251651731741751761771852252756751175 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 67405
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I get NASCAR on the NASCAR channel of my Sirius satellite radio in my car. I'm further north than you, so you must be in the "Deep South".
    Once again, technology is ruining everything. Sigh.

Bostondevil - proud owner of a cell phone that can take pictures! (But I don't know how to download them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

So now I believe I heard Kid Rock sampling WOL to some different lyrics, mixed in with a little "Sweet Home Alabama."

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I have heard that and it's literally one of the worst things I've ever heard. Why, why, why would you take one of the greatest Southern rock tunes of all time and sing about being in Northern Michigan?? Why? On behalf of my people, may I say that we are offended, affronted, and outraged.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    "Wearwolves of London" was part of colchar's signature at one time, in honor of Zevon.

So now I believe I heard Kid Rock sampling WOL to some different lyrics, mixed in with a little "Sweet Home Alabama."

Oy. I think I need a barleywine, devildeac.

I figured colchar had some choice comments for Kid Rock.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Yeah, Werewolves of London was part of my sig at one time (and might be brought back because I am missing London already, although the Helene Nanff quote in my current sig works too).

And I might have some Kid Rock comments once I catch up on this thread a bit and figure out what the heck y'all are talking about.

ETA: Alright, I scrolled back a couple of pages but have no idea where the Kid Rock stuff started, and can't be bothered trying to find it. Someone care to summarize for me or should I just jump back into the thread head first with no idea what the heck is going on (which should make me pretty much the same as everyone else in this thread)?

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I have heard that and it's literally one of the worst things I've ever heard. Why, why, why would you take one of the greatest Southern rock tunes of all time and sing about being in Northern Michigan?? Why? On behalf of my people, may I say that we are offended, affronted, and outraged.
    Basically, the story goes that he was singing about Northern Michigan because he and a girl he was dating would listen to that song while, well you know. Billy Powell from Lynyrd Skynyrd plays piano on the track and, as far as I am concerned, if a long-time member of Skynyrd is OK enough with it to play on the track, then I am fine with it too.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I just took that as a bit of a tribute to Sweet Home Alabama, and a comment on a point in his own life. I'm not a big fan of the song though, particularily one annoying part...

"And we were trying different things
    We were smoking funny things
    Making love out by the lake to our favorite song
    Sipping whiskey out the bottle, not thinking 'bout tomorrow
    Singing Sweet home Alabama all summer long
    Singing Sweet home Alabama all summer long"

Can't find a word that rhymes with "things" other than "things"? Grrrrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I just took that as a bit of a tribute to Sweet Home Alabama, and a comment on a point in his own life. I'm not a big fan of the song though, particularily one annoying part...

It is definitely an irritating song.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

How about 'We were flyin' on our wings/ we were smoking funny things..."

Edit: Wait, no! "We were flyin' on our wings/ when we smoked those funny things..."

Thumbs down Note to Wilson

Egads... I leave Atlanta and my spelling goes kaput.

WEARwolves???????

I tend to side with blublood on this. "Sweet Home Alabama" should be left alone. And that movie by the same title can go to the same place with Kid Rock.

I am more upset with Kid Rock's use of WEREWOLVES of London.

Cheeeeerees,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    And I might have some Kid Rock comments once I catch up on this thread a bit and figure out what the heck y'all are talking about.
    If you can figure THAT out, please let us know!

Hey, I'm the real McCoy...

I like the movie Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon. Anything with Reese is good. And the lightening glass is cool. After a few more drinks I'm going to the beach to make some of the glass.

Wasn't the jilted fiancée McDreamy from Grey's?

Hmmm, I have entirely different feelings about Reese unless it is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I like the movie Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon. Anything with Reese is good. And the lightening glass is cool. After a few more drinks I'm going to the beach to make some of the glass.

Wasn't the jilted fiancée McDreamy from Grey's?
    Yes, it was McDreamy, and that is the best movie ever.

I'm on record as making a very shocking admission regarding that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, I have entirely different feelings about Reese unless it is a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
    Throaty and I will be by shortly to collect your man card. It's been revoked.

I had forgotten about the "embarrassing secrets" thread...that was a good one.

I have come into a horrid habit of eating dinner at 10:30ish

It all of the sudden came on that I eat lunch at like 12 and not hungry at all until 10:30!

Anyone else have that horrid and weird habit?

"Sweet Home Alabama" should be left alone. And that movie by the same title can go to the same place with Kid Rock.

I am more upset with Kid Rock's use of WEREWOLVES of London.
    I can't argue with those points, but the duet he made with Sheryl Crow a few years back is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yes, it was McDreamy, and that is the best movie ever.

I'm on record as making a very shocking admission regarding that movie.
    Dude, after the admission in that link it is your man card that is to be collected. You're officially out of the brotherhood. And there are no appeals after a transgression such as that.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Dude, after the admission in that link it is your man card that is to be collected. You're officially out of the brotherhood. And there are no appeals after a transgression such as that.
    As I said a few posts after that one, anyone with the self assurance to admit something like that must have unimpeachable cred.

Crediblity does not = manhood, so while your crediblity is to be applauded...your card is gone. And since it was taken before mine, mine is still safe.

(Yes, we make the rules up as we go along...)