Page 118 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 18681081161171181191201281682186181118 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 67390
    I'm in a book club...but membership has been lagging expectations. So now I just read to my cats. (Haha, really? No, not really. Not every post in the Longest Thread Ever can be high-quality and truthful.)

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm in a book club...but membership has been lagging expectations. So now I just read to my cats. (Haha, really? No, not really. Not every post in the Longest Thread Ever can be high-quality and truthful.)
    You mean some are high quality?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Really? Cats can take out moles? Hmmm... I'm a die-hard dog person, but my yard is really hurting from those digging buggers. I may reconsider a cat if it could stop the foot-high mounds of dirt from appearing on a daily basis.
    Foxes are excellent hunters and are very self sufficient. I have a family of foxes living in my yard, and they "take out" just about everything. Yesterday I found a raccoon head and spine on the grass, and this morning pieces of a turtle shell.

Anyone remember mock turtle soup on east campus?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Anybody here in a book club?
    I'm in the Finer Things club with Pam and Oscar. Sadly, Tobey moved to Costa Rica.

You mean some are high quality?

You doubt? Such skepticism would probably serve you well on the PPB.

Question Was it skeletonized?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Foxes are excellent hunters and are very self sufficient. I have a family of foxes living in my yard, and they "take out" just about everything. Yesterday I found a raccoon head and spine on the grass, and this morning pieces of a turtle shell.

Anyone remember mock turtle soup on east campus?
    Umm, you have a head in your yard?
    You sure you have no connections to the New England DBR Mafia?

Just what I need for my osteology lab!

Red face Referrals?

So as I look at the stats on my profile, it mentions a category called REFERRALS.

Huh? What's that? What happens if we refer someone to join the DBR?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm in the Finer Things club with Pam and Oscar. Sadly, Tobey moved to Costa Rica.
    If the Finer Things club has anything to do with cashmere, perhaps I'll take Tobey's place.

Speaking of cashmere, just bought some nice yarn yesterday, it's for a scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    So as I look at the stats on my profile, it mentions a category called REFERRALS.

Huh? What's that? What happens if we refer someone to join the DBR?
    Hmmm, I thought they might have been referencing referrals to the Mods for no-no's committed on the boards here at DBR...

Anybody here in a book club?
    I'm in the math club. I'm in the physics club too.

I'm not in either one of those, but I do celebrate Festivus!

That's sorta social. Demented and sad, but social.

BB is to a slight degree thwarting our efforts to get this thread caught up to him...only 1627 posts behind.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    BB is to a slight degree thwarting our efforts to get this thread caught up to him...only 1627 posts behind.
    I just want some competition. No individual poster can do it, so I may as well take on a thread.

Hmm, I wonder how many total posts have been made on the PPB. I wonder if I could take it.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    That's sorta social. Demented and sad, but social.
    I set 'em up, you knock 'em down.

Yo DukieInKansas -- speaking of stormy summers, how'd you fare in the most recent bout?

(and BB, hush you!)
    I've been fortunate - only wind and rain. I have lived in Kansas twice and for a lot of years and haven't ever seen a tornado, except on video. I know people that haven't been as lucky.

There has been a lot of tornadoes this year, or at least a lot of reporting of tornadoes. Hopefully, we don't get the same thing with hurricane season which starts today.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I've been fortunate - only wind and rain. I have lived in Kansas twice and for a lot of years and haven't ever seen a tornado, except on video. I know people that haven't been as lucky.
    I grew up in NC and saw more than one as a child. They don't look the same in NC, no sweeping vistas, just trees being lopped off the top and bicycles flying around. Also, and I don't know how true this is, but the rumor we told ourselves was that tornados rarely 'touch down' in NC. I did witness a line of trees lose the top third or so with little damage done to the lower parts. Freshman year was the year a tornado took the roof off of Northgate Mall.

I never saw a funnel cloud while in Nebraska, but had more than enough views of the purple-to-green sky that makes you run to the basement as fast as you can. Our house had a good western view, so we got to watch some doozies.

You don't see the funnel clouds in Durham either. The trees and hills kind of prevent it. I remember watching those trees get chopped and thinking, maybe I better go get in the bathroom. We didn't have basements.