Page 376 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2763263663743753763773783864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,520 of 67394
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oh, and the question was raised about when we need to hit 7500. I believe when I first proposed 7500 as a goal, I said by midnight on the 21st. So, we've got 26 1/2 hours, and only 248 to go, not even 10 an hour. Wow, we might make it.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Oops, make that 237.

Now I'm going to go watch the Celtics.

Hey bb, if you don't head out tomorrow, you can still come to my party tomorrow night. It's on no matter the weather. I'm planning on baking a lemon chess pie, among other things.

BB has been sighted?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I have discovered I'm not as devoted to the Celtics as I am to the Devils. Actually, I already knew that but here's proof. Originally, hubby was supposed to take the older three boys but his back is still bad enough that sitting in Garden seats wasn't an option. So, I was supposed to take them. Once they declared a snow emergency, I backed out. If we still lived in Cambridge and I could have walked to the T, I was there, but the 2 miles to the outdoor T stop where I now live? No way. Sorry KG. I considered calling a cab and I called the Newton police to find out if it was even possible to park anywhere near the T tonight (it's not). I punted. We ate $180 worth of Celtics tickets. Man.
    I haven't been to a Celtics game since moving to the area. I was always a Showtime fan so don't feel any great connection to them. Red Sox a different story. Pats too I guess.

so, I checked in with the parents about an hour ago and they were on the outskirts of Philly and had just passed by the place where the Eagles play. (I can't keep up with all those corporate names)

Let's go Duke!!!

Yeah, the corporate sponsorship deals are kind of humorous. Someone buys the rights for ten years and gets taken over 6 months later. Or goes bankrupt.

For the record (and to increase the LTE post count : ), this is Ezmerellda posting. DukePA has enjoyed a few Corona Lights along with a Chimay . . . ymmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Where did everyone go?
    Drinking.

Afternoon Christmas party at a clients then the annual trip for margaritas and a trip to the liquor store with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    For the record (and to increase the LTE post count : ), this is Ezmerellda posting. DukePA has enjoyed a few Corona Lights along with a Chimay . . . ymmmmm.
    Chimay! That's the name of that beer!

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Hi Ez! I like her!

Just got back from the Wizzard's game. Not nearly as much fun as watching Duke play, but an interesting diversion. 76'ers won by 4, even without Elton.

On the road at 7 tomorrow morning for lunch near the Meadowlands at noon.

Ezzie(not to be confused with Ozzie ), I'll tell your parents hey for you when I see them in the afternoon!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm sitting here reading my mom's basket of Christmas cards. You know what I really hate? Those stupid brag-n-gag newsletters that all the pretty people send.

I really despise reading about violin-playing-travel-soccer-science-fair-winning-tropical-island-vacationing-second graders. Enough already! Just send me a cute picture of your kid. I don't care how he or she did in the spelling bee last April. Nor do I care how many tomato plants you put in your garden this spring.

Wow, we did over a hundred posts today!

Did we talk about anything?
    I'd wager not, but I'm 2 days behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    It's appropriate to drink wine anytime, hence "we will drink no wine before it's time".

Better wake up beverages are: bloody mary, screwdriver, mimosa, beer on cereal. Just don't do them all at once.
    And what time is it? It's time now (for wine, right?).

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Oh, this is such a good topic for another thread: Who is your same-sex celebrity crush?
    count me out of that one

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Got back to Smithfield about 10 after a stop or two. 1100 miles down, 1000 more to go Friday through Sunday. I hope the forecast snow, etc. for the Northeast is bogus and doesn't interfere with getting to the game on Saturday. I'll worry about getting home on Sunday on Sunday morning.
    Looked at the Weather Channel tonight. Hope you made it safely. The weather looks dreadful. NY area airports have 2.5-3.5 hour delays, or more.

I wonder how many I can do before somebody jumps in. This makes 4. Yes, I'm adding nonsense that takes 30 seconds to type, just because it takes 30 seconds to type.
    Aww, the inner PW returns...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Safe travels, Ozzie!

I'm also hoping the travel gods shine on Mr. DA -- he's braved 7" of snow+ice in Seattle this morning (which is 3x more than i've ever seen in my 5 years out there), to travel through Denver to Omaha today, where he's being greeted with a 60 mile drive through freezing rain/sleet (he's on the road right now,) to find me and spend the long weekend with my family.

He must love me, to go through all of that crud just to sit around and drink coffee with his in-laws.
    Great effort on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    How come I get a 60 second wait warning and not a 30 second warning when I get into hyperposting mode?
    True PWs only have a 30 second wait...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    He did make it, with no major travel issues - I probably worried too much, but what else could I do but worry?

Send some of that warm air a couple hours north, please! You can keep the arctic cold, tho....
    You could drink Fat Tire instead of worry...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    OK, I'm starting to run out of replies or things to say and I need to pass the baton. I can't in good conscience post a word at a time, sorry folks...
    7 in a row-not bad...