Page 1665 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 66511651565161516551663166416651666166716751715176521652665 ... LastLast
Results 33,281 to 33,300 of 67370
    Watching these games has become a chore. Dismay is a heavy load. At least they're starting to move us into the early time slot
    Man alive do we stink
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I would agree our play is less than optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Watching these games has become a chore. Dismay is a heavy load. At least they're starting to move us into the early time slot
    Man alive do we stink
    I have a confession to make and this is the place to make it I think. I don't think skunks smell bad. I never have. I did learn that I was supposed to react negatively because everyone else thinks they smell bad. But I don't. As a matter of fact, I actually kind of enjoy smelling skunk spray.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I have a confession to make and this is the place to make it I think. I don't think skunks smell bad. I never have. I did learn that I was supposed to react negatively because everyone else thinks they smell bad. But I don't. As a matter of fact, I actually kind of enjoy smelling skunk spray.
    How do you feel about pulp wood facilities?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    How do you feel about pulp wood facilities?
    Those are freaking putrid. I'm not a monster.

Those are freaking putrid. I'm not a monster.
    As we say in Georgia -- "it's the smell of money."

I had a case years ago representing a meat production facility. The stench at the site was incredible, but everyone there had gotten used to it and went about their business. I couldn't wash that smell out of my hair with a whole bottle of shampoo.

Oh, and I don't have ACCN. Given that, and the disjointed season, I've kinda forgotten about college basketball tbh. And using "tbh" only because I know ClemmonsDevil loves acronyms.

Meat packing is perhaps the worst...as for paper mills, they are pretty putrid, but drive around northern Maine where many of the mills have closed, and people would love to have that smell in their noses again (anyone see Angus King on 60 Minutes last week)?

I'm cataloging this stuff like Michael Jordan kept track of any perceived slight Old (I feel like we're on a first name basis). Just know that. In my neck of the woods it is chicken houses. They smell really bad and they also contribute mightily to the economy.

I'm cataloging this stuff like Michael Jordan kept track of any perceived slight Old (I feel like we're on a first name basis). Just know that. In my neck of the woods it is chicken houses. They smell really bad and they also contribute mightily to the economy.
    Better than Mr. Kap.

Hog farms.

Hog farms stink real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    (anyone see Angus King on 60 Minutes last week)?
    62 hours ago...seems like forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Hog farms.

Yes, but pigs are delicious. They are simply delicious. In your neck of the woods Curaté has a cut of pork that is like the best piece of steak combined with the best cut of pork you have ever tasted. I'm fairly certain witchcraft is involved. And I totally don't care. It is meat candy.

Anyone watching the Tiger documentary?

2021 starting the way 2020 did with a documentary about Tiger man.

Yes, but pigs are delicious. They are simply delicious. In your neck of the woods Curaté has a cut of pork that is like the best piece of steak combined with the best cut of pork you have ever tasted. I'm fairly certain witchcraft is involved. And I totally don't care. It is meat candy.
    Don't have to tell me twice. I've eaten there a few times, conversed with Katie Button (the James Beard nominated chef and owner), and would pretty much swap my left arm to eat there regularly under normal conditions. My friends who are serious serious foodies say it's their favorite restaurant for over 150 miles in any direction.

It can't be missed.

If I was forced to give up meat one by one, a little piggy would be the last to go.

Don't have to tell me twice. I've eaten there a few times, conversed with Katie Button (the James Beard nominated chef and owner), and would pretty much swap my left arm to eat there regularly under normal conditions. My friends who are serious serious foodies say it's their favorite restaurant for over 150 miles in any direction.

It can't be missed.
    I travel all over the Southeast for work and I am not easily impressed. Curaté is world class.
    Last edited by ClemmonsDevil; 01-13-2021 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Excited about food

It can't be missed.
    Seconded. Will be one of the first of my regular haunts that I re-visit if/when the taming of CoVID-19 occurs.

Hog farms.

Pig feed lots stink more than cattle feed lots. (Never get a flat tire next to a pig feed lot. If you do, I suggest walking the bicycle past it before stopping to repair the flat.)

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Man alive do we stink
    Oddly enough I am very much enjoying this year. I enjoy the process of trying to build a team and I somewhat like how hard this team has to work for any success. I'm a weird fan in that all of the seasons are part of the same narrative for me. This is a chapter in a book in my mind and not a book. A season is not a lifetime for me. And I am an absolute weirdo. Never discount that part. I have deep thoughts about this that I tried to share in the basketball thread and I don't think it was well-received but I am happy to discuss this and any other season from my perspective being around the program in the mid to late 80s. PM me...or don't if you are not interested.

I grew up in Durham where our industrial smell was tobacco. We loved it. Then I went to Wake Forest and tried to play tennis at 10am right across the street from RJR and almost got sick the smell was so heavy.