Page 381 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2813313713793803813823833914314818811381 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,620 of 67385
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What I wouldn't give for some nice 50 degree weather to go running in right now.
    Funny you should mention that. It's about 50 here now, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Funny you should mention that. It's about 50 here now, I think...
    Not even close to that here. Well, unless you call 30 degrees close.

30 is closer than 14, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Not even close to that here. Well, unless you call 30 degrees close.
    And it's coming our way. High in the 30's forecast for Monday.

I thought it was today to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of this thread. You're right, though. It's her thread.
    Well, she did match us up against a bunch of knitters(meant in the kindest way). Actually, someone I work with is knitting a bunch of caps for patients at a local hospital. I'm almost tempted to give it a shot.

Oh, back to my point, they have a cast of thousands compared to our relative merry band of few.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Oh, and the question was raised about when we need to hit 7500. I believe when I first proposed 7500 as a goal, I said by midnight on the 21st. So, we've got 26 1/2 hours, and only 248 to go, not even 10 an hour. Wow, we might make it.
    Okay, we still have lots of time to hit that number.

And it's coming our way. High in the 30's forecast for Monday.
    I think the high tomorrow is supposed to be 20.

Well, she did match us up against a bunch of knitters(meant in the kindest way). Actually, someone I work with is knitting a bunch of caps for patients at a local hospital. I'm almost tempted to give it a shot.

Oh, back to my point, they have a cast of thousands compared to our relative merry band of few.
    I'm not much of a knitter, but I am a crocheter. I'm frantically trying to finish my yearly quota of pot holders for my family members and friends. I'm only about halfway to my target number.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I'm not much of a knitter, but I am a crocheter. I'm frantically trying to finish my yearly quota of pot holders for my family members and friends. I'm only about halfway to my target number.
    Your comments expose my ignorance. I can't tell the difference between crocheting and knitting.

Your comments expose my ignorance. I can't tell the difference between crocheting and knitting.
    Knitting - 2 needles, crocheting - a single hook. BD, care to chime in?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Crochet - you use one hook, knitting - two needles. If you can't tell by looking at the fabric, well, you're not alone. Sometimes I need help, although I can always tell double crochet from stockinette stitch.

If I post 3 more times before I leave to go shopping, I'll be at 800.

Crochet - you use one hook, knitting - two needles. If you can't tell by looking at the fabric, well, you're not alone. Sometimes I need help, although I can always tell double crochet from stockinette stitch.
    Wow, we posted the same comment almost simultaneously! Great minds think alike!

And with this post I reach the magical number of 800. I'm off to brave the masses, but I'll be back later! I trust the rest of you to keep the dream of 7500 alive.

Hmmm, clarifying what I meant by midnight on the 21st. You know how on New Year's Eve, December 31st, everybody waits around until midnight and then starts kissing somebody? So, today's the 20th, the anniversary of this thread. Midnight of the 21st is about 14 hours, 45 minutes away. Ozzie pointed out recently that it was started around 5:30pm. I just suggested we give ourselves the whole day to reach 7500. OK?

Feel free to start kissing somebody at midnight.

And Happy Anniversary!

I slept in today, an extreme rarity. Luckily number 3 son's basketball game at the Boys and Girls Club is cancelled. Number 2 son's game at 11am is supposed to go on. There are between 7 and 10 inches of snow on the ground. Hubby's back is still on the mend. I have to go shovel the driveway, clear off the car, make breakfast for everybody, drive to the basketball game, and start cooking for the party tonight. Hmmm, I'm beginning to be suspicious of this 'bad back'. My Christmas shopping is nowhere near done. Yesterday was supposed to be my big shopping day and it got snowed out. I'm in trouble.

On a happy note, 121 posts to go!

I won't be around at midnight guys, there are supposed to be at least two partygoers left drinking scotch in my living room. That's what I promise everyone anyway, somebody will still be drinking scotch at midnight.

Hmmm...I'm just a most of the day guest at someone else's place today. And it will be heavily weighted towards guys and wives, so I'll refrain from kissing anyone.

Hmmm, clarifying what I meant by midnight on the 21st. You know how on New Year's Eve, December 31st, everybody waits around until midnight and then starts kissing somebody? So, today's the 20th, the anniversary of this thread. Midnight of the 21st is about 14 hours, 45 minutes away. Ozzie pointed out recently that it was started around 5:30pm. I just suggested we give ourselves the whole day to reach 7500. OK?

And Happy Anniversary!
    Ditto. And thanks for starting this thread a year ago. Certainly has been fun, in addition to being a great way to decrease my productivity at home and at work.

And Happy Anniversary!
    Okay, well less time than I expected but that doesn't change our resolve to "make job done".